Local High School Star barkleynash's Avatar

Default Raptors - jazz trade idea.

Jazz are in need of a point guard ASAP and raps have one riding the pine. I like Delon Wright, but a trade to the Jazz for Trey Lyles makes sense for both teams, IMO. As a raps fan, I really like Wright, but he is not being utilized at all. Lyles may not help much this year, but could be a rotational piece moving forward.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Default Re: Raptors - jazz trade idea.

Quote Originally Posted by barkleynash
    Jazz are in need of a point guard ASAP and raps have one riding the pine. I like Delon Wright, but a trade to the Jazz for Trey Lyles makes sense for both teams, IMO. As a raps fan, I really like Wright, but he is not being utilized at all. Lyles may not help much this year, but could be a rotational piece moving forward.
    I like this a lot since the Jazz are in desperate need for a young PG and Exum doesn't seem to be the answer.

They also got a load of talent up front on the Jazz and it's a young team in desperate need of a promising perimeter player that can help out Hayward.

I like the trade because Lyles is quite a unique prospect. I think he has a higher ceiling than Wright though and for that reason I can't see Jazz, accepting this trade since Delon Wright is still way too young to be that "promising young PG" that Jazz has been desperately searching for.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

12th pick for the 20th pick, some 40 games into their careers? Where the 20th can't even get off the bench and the 12th at least has shown he's possibly an NBA player.

WayOfWade
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

I could see this happening, were this 2K I'd totally go for the trade however the Jazz are really concerns at the moment with what they have. I like what Lyoes has been doing though (before yesterday he was 19/40 on 3's!) so it'd be tough to let him go, but it'd be foolish for the team not to look into it

Decent college freshman

Jazz won't move Lyles this early for somebody like Wright (factoring in age, skillset, position, etc.). Lyles might be their best shot to having flexible lineups due to his outside shot.

Utah is more likely imo to trade for a vet PG than somebody like Wright.

College superstar

I think Toronto would have to sweeten the deal a touch more. Not really sure what their lineup could offer, though, that would interest the Jazz.

But if Lyles is really as decent a prospect as people are saying, it may be best for the Jazz to move Hayward or Favors, whichever the market is highest.

If you can get Dipo and Nicholson for Favors, wouldn't you rather do that than get Wright and a late first for Lyles?

I thought you were going to suggest that the Raptors trade Lowry and was preparing my eye roll. Delon Wright though, sure, whatever.

Local High School Star barkleynash's Avatar

Yeah, I think they'd have to sweeten the pot a bit. I was thinking James Johnson and Wright for Lyles and their back-up point guard Raul Neto.
    As a raps fan I would love to be able to include Bennett instead of JJ, but I'm not sure he has any value. We would probably have to flip our knicks first rounder with their first rounder to get it done. Doubt Masai does it.
    JJ probably isn't getting traded as Carroll is still on the shelf.
    Lowry, Joseph, Neto
    Derozen, Ross, Powell
    Carroll, caboclo
    Scola, Patterson, Lyles, Bennett
    Val, Bismack, Bebe

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by barkleynash
    Is Wright better than Neto, Burke and Exum? Lyles could be replacing Favors eventually. He's the stretch 4 they want. Doubt they deal him for another young pg who's unproven even if he did play in SLC.

Wright is legit IMO

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Just looked and he is older than all 3 Jazz pg's and has proven less. They would like his size but can he shoot and defend?