Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Default Re: IF the clippers were to trade BG, realisitcally what kind of return could they expect

BG for Cousins.

Banned

Default Re: IF the clippers were to trade BG, realisitcally what kind of return could they expect

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    Unless they're getting Lebron, Durant, Steph, or AD, why in the world would the Clippers trade him?
    Because they're depth sucks and their window is closing faster and faster.

The purpose of the game is to win a championship, not stock up on superstar players.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
    Because they're depth sucks and their window is closing faster and faster.

The purpose of the game is to win a championship, not stock up on superstar players.
    They're not winning shit by trading Blake for a few players that aren't as good as him. The only way to actually get better without Blake is by trading him for one of the players I mentioned. And that's obviously unlikely. They probably won't win anything right now with Blake either. Warriors and Spurs are just too good. The best thing they could do is just stand pat and hopefully get lucky or just widen their window by trading CP3 for Kyrie or whoever. You don't just trade a top 10 player still in his 20s.

College superstar

The trade I like the most, and that I actually believe could make the Clippers serious contenders this year and next, is Crowder plus Clippers choice of Sully or Olylyk or Amir Johnson plus Boston's two best picks (Brooklyn and whatever?).

It gives Clippers a legit all-star caliber SF (though he won't make it)... but someone that can defend and rebound and shoot 3s at a high level, while also giving them an NBA caliber starting PF. I think it rounds out the roster well, then they get two good first round picks to boot.

Banned

Some random ones I saw:

Blake Griffin for Nic Batum, Spencer Hawes, Jeremy Lin, and 2 Top-3 Protected First Rounders

Chris Paul | Jeremy Lin
    J.J. Reddick | Jamal Crawford
    Nic Batum
    Spender Hawes | Paul Pierce
    DeAndre Jordan

Blake Griffin for Ersan Ilyasova, Marcus Morris, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, and Stanley Johnson

Chris Paul | Jamal Crawford
    J.J. Reddick | Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
    Paul Pierce | Stanley Johnson
    Marcus Morris | Ersan Ilyasova
    DeAndre Jordan

Blake Griffin for Channing Frye, Victor Oladipo, Aaron Gordon, and Evan Fournier

Chris Paul | Jamal Crawford
    J.J. Reddick | Victor Oladipo
    Evan Fournier | Paul Pierce
    Aaron Gordon | Channing Frye
    DeAndre Jordan

Blake Griffin for Patrick Patterson, Luis Scola, Terrence Ross, Bismack Biyombo, and 2 Top-14 Protected First Round Picks

Chris Paul
    J.J. Reddick | Jamal Crawford
    Terrence Ross | Paul Pierce
    Patrick Patterson | Luis Scola
    DeAndre Jordan | Bismack Biyombo
    Last edited by Fallen Angel; 01-30-2016 at 04:27 PM.

Decent college freshman MellowYellow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    They're not winning shit by trading Blake for a few players that aren't as good as him. The only way to actually get better without Blake is by trading him for one of the players I mentioned. And that's obviously unlikely. They probably won't win anything right now with Blake either. Warriors and Spurs are just too good. The best thing they could do is just stand pat and hopefully get lucky or just widen their window by trading CP3 for Kyrie or whoever. You don't just trade a top 10 player still in his 20s.
    So wrong there may not be 10 better players but there are at least 10 - 15 that are close and better fits for the clippers. Blake is obviously not a winning player never been to conference finals and to be frank they won't ever make it past 2nd round unless they make some changes

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by MellowYellow
    So wrong there may not be 10 better players but there are at least 10 - 15 that are close and better fits for the clippers. Blake is obviously not a winning player never been to conference finals and to be frank they won't ever make it past 2nd round unless they make some changes
    Who? And who that the Clippers can realistically get? A trade for Kawhi or PG wouldn't happen even if the Clippers wanted it.

They won't make it past the 2nd round cause the Warriors and Spurs are historically great teams and the Thunder are better then the Clippers as well. Getting to the 2nd round basically every season is hardly some loser. Bottom line is there is no realistic trade out there that would get them past the 2nd round, so it doesn't make sense to trade a franchise player. Trade Blake for a bunch of role players or Carmelo, and you're a CP3 injury/sharp decline away from being a lottery team.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    The trade I like the most, and that I actually believe could make the Clippers serious contenders this year and next, is Crowder plus Clippers choice of Sully or Olylyk or Amir Johnson plus Boston's two best picks (Brooklyn and whatever?).

It gives Clippers a legit all-star caliber SF (though he won't make it)... but someone that can defend and rebound and shoot 3s at a high level, while also giving them an NBA caliber starting PF. I think it rounds out the roster well, then they get two good first round picks to boot.
    To be "that guy" and quote my own post...

Clippers could also re-route those picks from Brooklyn to another team in return for a better PF, and/or a backup big.

On another note, I didn't check the salaries of my trade.

College superstar

Just played around real quick...

Boston gets: Blake Griffin

Chicago gets: Jerebko, first round from Dallas or Minn (whichever is higher)

Clippers get: Brooklyn's first, Sully, Crowder, Taj

Decent college freshman

To be "that guy" and quote my own post...

Clippers could also re-route those picks from Brooklyn to another team in return for a better PF, and/or a backup big.

On another note, I didn't check the salaries of my trade.
    They would definitely re-route any picks because Doc would rather have a mid-career vet type instead of the unknowns of a young guy. He doesn't want to rebuild.

If they commit to playing 4 smalls around DJ (which you basically should if you trade BG and aren't receiving AD), they'd need Boston to send Bradley + Crowder. Then they'd trade those included picks for players. My pet favorite is to target Gallinari +Barton (not to spam every BG trade thread with this...). Even if they just get Gallo + something for the Brooklyn pick, they could trade another first (assuming Boston would send its own pick) for another wing that can hit 3s.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton

Everybody wins.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared
    They would definitely re-route any picks because Doc would rather have a mid-career vet type instead of the unknowns of a young guy. He doesn't want to rebuild.

If they commit to playing 4 smalls around DJ (which you basically should if you trade BG and aren't receiving AD), they'd need Boston to send Bradley + Crowder. Then they'd trade those included picks for players. My pet favorite is to target Gallinari +Barton (not to spam every BG trade thread with this...). Even if they just get Gallo + something for the Brooklyn pick, they could trade another first (assuming Boston would send its own pick) for another wing that can hit 3s.
    I love Bradley and Crowder going to LA, because I love that small-ball lineup.

But the Clips would still need some backup bigs; I guess they could reroute both picks to get someone, like Taj in my deal or something like that. But whether they play just DJ in a small lineup or not, they need more competent big men.

Decent college freshman

I love Bradley and Crowder going to LA, because I love that small-ball lineup.

But the Clips would still need some backup bigs; I guess they could reroute both picks to get someone, like Taj in my deal or something like that. But whether they play just DJ in a small lineup or not, they need more competent big men.
    The Nuggets could throw somebody like Darrell Arthur in.

One other scenario would be trading Crawford for PJ Tucker and playing him as a backup 4. Or they could do Crawford + CJ Wilcox for Markieff and use him as a bench lineup killer (if he returns to his old self). I think Morris can be rejuvenated, but he really needs to get out of Phoenix.