Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: NBA players rank all time greats

Quote Originally Posted by Harison
    ESPN list was terrible, but these guys are even worse Most Ish posters have better grip at ranking All-time greats than NBA players and coaches

bbbuuuut, if those coaches had mentioned kobe.....then of course everythig would be alright and making sense etc.

Ahh once again players opinions ONLY matter when it goes with someone's argument

Quote Originally Posted by LongLiveTheKing
    Doc Rivers, Jason Kidd, and Chris Bosh all have LeBron in their top 5.
    bosh doesn't, he put duncan over him.
    He played with bron and put a man that beat his ass two times over him.
    That's like THE diss.

when someone thinks that Wilt would be a better played today you can just immediately discredit any opinion of that individual for the rest of his life..

And how the fock do you put oscar roberston over kareem, larry, kobe, duncan and so on? This is laughable

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by SexSymbol
    when someone thinks that Wilt would be a better played today you can just immediately discredit any opinion of that individual for the rest of his life..

And how the fock do you put oscar roberston over kareem, larry, kobe, duncan and so on? This is laughable
    1) Wilt would be the best center today, no question. Then with his mobility and athleticism, he'd thrive in small-ball, and be able to help defend it. He'd likely spear-head the team that won the title this year, as one of the Warriors big weaknesses is not having the size or interior defense to defend a behemoth like Shaq or Wilt. Who is gonna do it after Bogut gets into foul trouble? 6'6 Draymond?

2) Do you know anything about Oscar? Do you know that a large collection of coaches voted him the player of the CENTURY, ahead of such luminaries as Jordan, Kareem, Russell, and Wilt? I suggest you do some research into him and his play.

Decent college freshman

that u have coach job that is the only think that is laughable

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    1) Wilt would be the best center today, no question. Then with his mobility and athleticism, he'd thrive in small-ball, and be able to help defend it. He'd likely spear-head the team that won the title this year, as one of the Warriors big weaknesses is not having the size or interior defense to defend a behemoth like Shaq or Wilt. Who is gonna do it after Bogut gets into foul trouble? 6'6 Draymond?

2) Do you know anything about Oscar? Do you know that a large collection of coaches voted him the player of the CENTURY, ahead of such luminaries as Jordan, Kareem, Russell, and Wilt? I suggest you do some research into him and his play.
    That would require him to not shit-post though, so I think we can figure out why it's not going to happen.

[COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Lebron Fails the Eye test while players like Kobe,Steph,Bird,Mj,Magic obliterate it
    [/FONT][/COLOR]

I'm still relativley new to basketball and I don't really care for advance stats or know what most of them mean. I didn't really know what to call it until someone mentioned it here on ish on when you just know from watching a player that they have "it" People call it the "eyetest"

So, I was thinking if it was possible to create an advanced stat that ties in stats but also context or "The Eye Test" I know it might be subjective but an advanced stat that ties in context would be great because as much as good stats are nice to look at it doesn't mean anything if context is no applied to it.

Maybe it can tie in stuff like

1.traveling
    2.bit- ching
    3.lack of footwork
    4.Lack of Jumpshot
    5.colluding
    6.fg% protection
    7.coach killing
    8.throwing teammates under the bus when you choke
    9.blaming jersey sleeves for a poor shooting night
    10/.handpicking teammates then quiting once they get hurt
    11.stiffarming
    12.lack of respect for coach
    13.HGH
    14.feeling the need to get hair surgery ,
    15.having another player say that they hope your arena smells like alcohol and not do anything about it
    16.having mom getting banged by someone 3 years older than you named the BigLambo?

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Lelbron fails the Eyetest that much is evident[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by !@#$%Vectors!@#
    [COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Lebron Fails the Eye test while players like Kobe,Steph,Bird,Mj,Magic obliterate it
    [/FONT][/COLOR]

I'm still relativley new to basketball and I don't really care for advance stats or know what most of them mean. I didn't really know what to call it until someone mentioned it here on ish on when you just know from watching a player that they have "it" People call it the "eyetest"

So, I was thinking if it was possible to create an advanced stat that ties in stats but also context or "The Eye Test" I know it might be subjective but an advanced stat that ties in context would be great because as much as good stats are nice to look at it doesn't mean anything if context is no applied to it.

Maybe it can tie in stuff like

1.traveling
    2.bit- ching
    3.lack of footwork
    4.Lack of Jumpshot
    5.colluding
    6.fg% protection
    7.coach killing
    8.throwing teammates under the bus when you choke
    9.blaming jersey sleeves for a poor shooting night
    10/.handpicking teammates then quiting once they get hurt
    11.stiffarming
    12.lack of respect for coach
    13.HGH
    14.feeling the need to get hair surgery ,
    15.having another player say that they hope your arena smells like alcohol and not do anything about it
    16.having mom getting banged by someone 3 years older than you named the BigLambo?

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Lelbron fails the Eyetest that much is evident[/COLOR]
    How sad is you life that you have to pretend to be a woman on a message board, when you already have a ton of other accounts? SMH!

1. Wilt doesn't have the skill to be the best center today, his dribble was beyond awful and the ball would get stolen from him on every single possession, his post moves were unrefined and very primitive as expected and he didn't understand team defense that well which is also a given at the time. If you train him from the ground up with his physical tools, sure, he'd be a little better than deandre jordan, but not by much, he wasn't very co-ordinated and didn't have a lot of natural skill.

2. So because oscar was a good friend to them I just rank him by disrespecting other legends who actually impacted their teams positively? Oscar is a career loser who was obsessed with his own stats, reminiscent of bron, it's just that bron had much more talent and considerably more determination to succeed.

1. Wilt doesn't have the skill to be the best center today, his dribble was beyond awful and the ball would get stolen from him on every single possession, his post moves were unrefined and very primitive as expected and he didn't understand team defense that well which is also a given at the time. If you train him from the ground up with his physical tools, sure, he'd be a little better than deandre jordan, but not by much, he wasn't very co-ordinated and didn't have a lot of natural skill.

2. So because oscar was a good friend to them I just rank him by disrespecting other legends who actually impacted their teams positively? Oscar is a career loser who was obsessed with his own stats, reminiscent of bron, it's just that bron had much more talent and considerably more determination to succeed.
    And as always...you are completely full of shit...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCWrGWuU2Ak

Next...

College superstar

If you want your center to dribble the ball for 5-10 seconds on each possession then, sure, maybe he'd regularly have the ball stolen. But one of the best passing big men ever, THE best rebounder and shot blocker ever, one of the fastest and best leaping big men ever, with a legit jump shot is an unrefined player with minimal natural skills? Ok.

Edit to add another big man with minimal "natural skills" but lots of physical tools. Shaq. He did well. And Wilt is noticeably faster, a better leaper, better defender, and much more well-suited to the pace-and-space game of today.
    Last edited by kshutts1; 02-09-2016 at 10:50 AM.

College superstar

I think you and I have different definitions of "positive impact". And that's ok, obviously. I don't need a player's team to reach the playoffs, much less the finals, to know if that player is good, or impacting their team positively. A lot of people disagree with me on that and, again, that's ok.

Quote Originally Posted by imnew09
    Doc : puts OSCAR ROBERTON on #4.. ahead of Kareem and Larry.
    Magic #1 ahead of MJ.

LOL Okay.

Kidd: Magic #1... Oscar #3 LOL

Nice list
    He is a PG, so PG mentality.
    Nice list actually and I know you mad

I think you and I have different definitions of "positive impact". And that's ok, obviously. I don't need a player's team to reach the playoffs, much less the finals, to know if that player is good, or impacting their team positively. A lot of people disagree with me on that and, again, that's ok.
    I would disagree about making the playoffs. It's one thing if your team isn't good and you lose in the first round for a few years, but missing the playoffs, especially now when over 50% of teams make the postseason is pretty embarrassing, especially if it occurs multiple times.