Default Random shooting spree in Michigan

Suspect was driving around shooting random people dead. At least 7 people killed including a mother in front of her children. Fkin stupid idiot

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/21/us/mic...hooting-spree/

Default Re: Random shooting spree in Michigan

hang the ****er by his balls until they fall off, then beat him repeatedly

The man suspected of killing six people and injuring two more in a Saturday evening shooting rampage in Kalamazoo, Michigan, was an Uber driver who may have picked up passengers that same evening, according to the ride-sharing company and police.

"Jason Brian Dalton had passed a background check, and was a driver-partner with Uber," said Uber's chief security officer, Joe Sullivan, in a statement. "We have reached out to the police to help with their investigation in any way that we can."

While the company did not address reports that Dalton picked up and dropped off customers Saturday night, authorities told CNN that it was "certainly part of our investigation."

"We're looking into his connection to Uber and whether or not he was picking up fares in between the shootings," said Public Safety Chief Jeff Hadley.

Rampage lasted more than 6 hours
    Kalamazoo County prosecutor Jeff Getting said the first shooting took place around 6 p.m., when a woman was shot four times in an apartment complex parking lot. Getting said the woman -- who was with her three children -- is in serious condition, but expected to survive.

Then, four hours later, two men -- an 18-year-old and an older male -- were shot and killed at a Kia dealership. Hadley said the pair were there looking at a vehicle. Getting, who would not identify any of the victims, would not confirm reports that it was a father and son.

Ten minutes after that, at around 10:10, police say Dalton fired on two vehicles in the parking lot of a Cracker Barrel restaurant, killing four adult women and "gravely" injuring a 14-year-old girl. Getting said authorities initially thought the teen was dead. "Call it a miracle," he said. "But she's alive now."

The prosecutor said the Cracker Barrel victims were together in a single group.

After another two hours or so, at approximately 12:30 a.m., police took Dalton, 45, into custody, ending a six-hour nightmare that brought Kalamazoo to its knees.

Police seized a semiautomatic handgun from Dalton, whom Getting described as "even-tempered" at the time of his arrest.

"There is just no question more people would have died if (police) didn't find him when they did," Getting said.

Motive unknown
    The cruel randomness of the rampage seemed to rattle officials in the western Michigan city.

"This is your worst nightmare," Kalamazoo County Undersheriff Paul Matyas told CNN affiliate WOOD-TV. "When you have somebody just driving around randomly killing people."

"We just can't figure out the motive," said Hadley. "There's nothing that gives us any indication as to why he would do this or what would have triggered this. The victims did not know him, he did not know the victims."

Getting appeared to struggle at times for the right words, if there were any, at Sunday's press conference.

"There is this sense of loss, anger, (and) fear," he said. " On top of that, how do you tell the families of these victims that they were not targeted for any other reason than they were a target?"

Getting said he was confident that Dalton acted alone, and that there is no connection to terrorism. Formal charges will be brought Monday, he said.

"I would expect six counts of murder, two counts of assault with intent to commit murder, six counts of felony firearm, and then we'll see from there."

NBA Superstar

This was around my stomping grounds. Just some of the random weirdness surrounding this situation:

-Dude has no criminal record, no history of psychological issues; had a wife and two children.

-Shot a woman in a front yard in front of her kids. Then shot a father and son while they were at a car dealership.

-He then carried on as an Uber driver in between his further shootings

-Picked up a family of five, who opted to take an Uber home because they'd heard there was a shooter on the loose and figured it'd be safer than walking.

-The family mentioned the murderer on the loose, then jokingly said something along the lines of, "You're not the shooter, are you?" and he gave a weak type of "No" response. He dropped the family off with no issue.

-One woman posted a warning to other people in Kalamazoo to avoid his Uber ride. Apparently her boyfriend rode with him yesterday and the guy was doing 80 miles per hour in a 45 near Western Michigan's campus, side swiping a car, jumping a median, etc. The rider escaped once the car slowed down.

Looks like a liberal

Trump hasnt even won yet and this extremist liberal is already melting down. Trump has this guy mind fked.

Btw I'm a liberal but jus saying.

42nd mass shooting (4+ killed, counting if the shooter was killed also) THIS YEAR

Let that number sink in, 42 incidents where 4 or more people have been killed in a shooting

And it isn't even March

I'm Australian, so I can't sit here and talk about the gun laws over there first hand, but something has to change right?

So what makes taking an Uber any different than just hopping on some stranger's car and getting a ride? That kind of trust is beyond me.

Uber driver?

Wears trendy glasses?

You already know the deal.

RIP to those killed. We forget to do that now since mass shootings are commonplace.

How crazy is it to be one of the people he picked up during this and be dropped off without any issues. Must be surreal.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
    How crazy is it to be one of the people he picked up during this and be dropped off without any issues. Must be surreal.
    I believe I heard he dropped a family off at a hotel (the ones who asked jokingly asked him whether he was the shooter) and two police cars were flanking the roundabout (or somewhere near). He just casually dropped them off and pulled away.

I think he switched cars midway through, so I don't know if police didn't have the new car in their description yet or what.

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    So what makes taking an Uber any different than just hopping on some stranger's car and getting a ride? That kind of trust is beyond me.
    I'm not super qualified to answer this question but from what I've gathered, Uber does require a background check. I'm not sure how that differs from what cab drivers have to go through though.

That said, if there were more loops to jump through to drive for Uber, I think this would have been a tricky situation, since the suspect in this case appeared to have a squeaky clean history.

Also, I'm not actually sure if he shot any of his passengers.

But I can still feel where you're coming from.
    Last edited by Rake2204; 02-22-2016 at 10:35 AM.

And there are people that don't believe in the death penalty. You'd seriously lose sleep over this guy being killed?

This guy should win Uber driver of the year award. We can all learn from his exemplary dedication to do his job outstandingly even in the middle of a shooting spree.