Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Blu Ray

Default I got caught stealing from Stop & Shop.

Here's the backround: Stop & Shop, a food store from the northeast recently came out with their 'shopping buddy', which is a little hand-held scanner that will scan your items for you, so that you can skip the lines. You scan your Stop & Shop card, grab a shopping buddy, scan all of your items, scan a bar code at the self-checkout, pay and leave. They also encourage you to bag your own items as well.

Well, I've been 'forgetting' to scan at least $40 worth of groceries a week for about two months now. It's been working well. I've been doing it on Saturday mornings, which is incredibly busy, and I've yet to have a problem. I didn't have a chance to cash my check over the weekend, so I got it cashed today. I reluctantly went shopping tonight, knowing well that it wouldn't be as busy, but I thought maybe the security would be slacking off because it's slow.

What I do is scan a lot of cheap small stuff like Powerade's and stuff like that and put it on top of the other, expensive stuff inside a brown bag. For some reason, I pushed it a little bit this week and threw in a few things I haven't tried to take before, like those expensive bags of Tyson chicken, and some $10 things of Coconut shrimp. The stuff I scanned came to about $45.

I go to the checkout, scan the bar code, scan my card, and nothing happens. It's supposed to start listing my purchases at this point and it doesn't. I look up and the light for my register is blinking for help. Oh ****. I look over at my shopping buddy, and I can't re-scan. Oh ****.

So, a girl comes over and tries to void the transaction for me and tries to scan my card. Nothing happens. She looks at the shopping buddy, presses a few buttons, and she looks at my cart and starts going through my stuff and scanning it to check if I scanned everything. Oh ****. So, I immediately went, "Some of the stuff is a different order." She asks, "what stuff?", so I point it all out, and push them aside, as she's giving me a weird look. I knew I was caught. I started explaining that I'm purchasing stuff for my uncle's shop, and I have to use a business credit card for that stuff. I think she bought it, because she just went, "oh, ok then, never mind."

So I pay for the stuff that I scanned, and slowly walk over to another register, this time with a cashier. I realized how much I was going to steal, over $60 worth in groceries. Oh ****!

I'm not buying for my uncle, I have no business credit card. I look over at the girl who's staring at me from the service desk, and she's talking to a manager type woman. Now they're both staring at me. Total comes to $62 and change. Oh ****! Now I have to put on my acting shoes. I open my wallet, pretend to look for my credit card, I can't "find it", so I pay with cash. At this point, I'm scared they're going to call the cops or blacklist me from the store and have my picture on the wall or something in the security room. Now I really have to act. I walk over to the service desk and explain that I think I lost my credit card, just to be safe.

Me and two cashiers walked around the store for a short while with "no luck." I wrote my name and number down and told them to call me if it turns up, and that I'll have to cancel it on the drive home.

Over $100 in groceries for one person! I feel like an ass. I wasn't even embarrassed, I was so angry that I decided to do this on a weeknight! Why couldn't I get a few things, and then wait for the weekend for the serious stuff? WHY!? I had to push it, didn't I? Oh well, there goes a good thing!

Flame away. I don't even care, I deserve it.

Default Re: I got caught stealing from Stop & Shop.

its called getting sloppy

it happens to everyone. not just with stealing but with anything you get away with a few times and then decide you'll never get caught.

live and learn.

National High School Star ILballa's Avatar

You were not caught stealing.

But I give you props for quick thinking and good acting.

Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer? johndeeregreen's Avatar

Well yeah, you're an idiot. That goes without saying. Scamming $45 of groceries is not only petty, it's also pathetic.

That said - smooth work wriggling out of that kind of situation. I wouldn't show my face in there again, but whatever.

Nice system.

Quote Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
    Well yeah, you're an idiot. That goes without saying. Scamming $45 of groceries is not only petty, it's also pathetic.

That said - smooth work wriggling out of that kind of situation. I wouldn't show my face in there again, but whatever.
    Biggest douche on ISH posts again!

Banned

what a loser.

shhhhhhh

pete's montreux
    Smooth Operator
    not anymore..lol

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by catzhernandez
    Biggest douche on ISH posts again!

I read where he lives North Dakota, he must take his anger out somewhere since he lives in that kind of ****hole.

Blu Ray

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    not anymore..lol
    Good one.

Good college starter TMacsOneGoodEye's Avatar

I used to rip-off stop and shop daily. I worked at a video store right next to it and I used to walk in on my breaks with a bad from the video store i worked at and just shove it full of DVD's and walk out. I pulled thius for the year and a half I worked there.

Local High School Star Back In Shape's Avatar

Just be careful. I used to work at Wal-Mart and the guys who used round up the carts would team up with security and beat the crap out of people who showed the least amount of resistance or who ran. I saw one black guy piss off an assistant manager by screaming and yelling too much after they captured him in the parking lot. The manager slugged the shyt out of him right in the gut and knocked the wind out of him. He was grown man but he was crying like a baby after that. Another time I seen 2 cart boys and security take down a cowboy who had to be at least 6'6", they were punching and kicking the hell out of that guy because he wouldn't stay down. When the cops came they handcuffed the guy and were laughing and joking for a while with security over guy just laying down all messed up on the parking lot ground.

Blu Ray

I used to do the same thing when I worked at Sam's Club. I can handle myself. If I'm surrounded, I use a last resort one of my old teachers taught me, who was a former riot prison guard. Keys. Pur your keys in between your fingers and stab them in the neck. He said had to do that twice when some prisoners cornered him and got his weapons.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by pete's montreux
    Here's the backround: Stop & Shop, a food store from the northeast recently came out with their 'shopping buddy', which is a little hand-held scanner that will scan your items for you, so that you can skip the lines. You scan your Stop & Shop card, grab a shopping buddy, scan all of your items, scan a bar code at the self-checkout, pay and leave. They also encourage you to bag your own items as well.
    your craking me up
    Well, I've been 'forgetting' to scan at least $40 worth of groceries a week for about two months now. It's been working well. I've been doing it on Saturday mornings, which is incredibly busy, and I've yet to have a problem. I didn't have a chance to cash my check over the weekend, so I got it cashed today. I reluctantly went shopping tonight, knowing well that it wouldn't be as busy, but I thought maybe the security would be slacking off because it's slow.

are you serious
    What I do is scan a lot of cheap small stuff like Powerade's and stuff like that and put it on top of the other, expensive stuff inside a brown bag. For some reason, I pushed it a little bit this week and threw in a few things I haven't tried to take before, like those expensive bags of Tyson chicken, and some $10 things of Coconut shrimp. The stuff I scanned came to about $45.
    man what a story
    I go to the checkout, scan the bar code, scan my card, and nothing happens. It's supposed to start listing my purchases at this point and it doesn't. I look up and the light for my register is blinking for help. Oh ****. I look over at my shopping buddy, and I can't re-scan. Oh ****.

So, a girl comes over and tries to void the transaction for me and tries to scan my card. Nothing happens. She looks at the shopping buddy, presses a few buttons, and she looks at my cart and starts going through my stuff and scanning it to check if I scanned everything. Oh ****. So, I immediately went, "Some of the stuff is a different order." She asks, "what stuff?", so I point it all out, and push them aside, as she's giving me a weird look. I knew I was caught. I started explaining that I'm purchasing stuff for my uncle's shop, and I have to use a business credit card for that stuff. I think she bought it, because she just went, "oh, ok then, never mind."

So I pay for the stuff that I scanned, and slowly walk over to another register, this time with a cashier. I realized how much I was going to steal, over $60 worth in groceries. Oh ****!

I'm not buying for my uncle, I have no business credit card. I look over at the girl who's staring at me from the service desk, and she's talking to a manager type woman. Now they're both staring at me. Total comes to $62 and change. Oh ****! Now I have to put on my acting shoes. I open my wallet, pretend to look for my credit card, I can't "find it", so I pay with cash. At this point, I'm scared they're going to call the cops or blacklist me from the store and have my picture on the wall or something in the security room. Now I really have to act. I walk over to the service desk and explain that I think I lost my credit card, just to be safe.

Me and two cashiers walked around the store for a short while with "no luck." I wrote my name and number down and told them to call me if it turns up, and that I'll have to cancel it on the drive home.

Over $100 in groceries for one person! I feel like an ass. I wasn't even embarrassed, I was so angry that I decided to do this on a weeknight! Why couldn't I get a few things, and then wait for the weekend for the serious stuff? WHY!? I had to push it, didn't I? Oh well, there goes a good thing!

Flame away. I don't even care, I deserve it.

man you live and learn

Good college starter

[PHP][/PHP]
    Quote Originally Posted by pete's montreux
    Good one.
    just a thought