Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Let's Talks Numbers 34-24 Footwork's Avatar

Default Re: It feels good knowing that the GOAT in my fav sport isn't a complete D-bag anymore

"I'm glad I came here because I can tell they love each other," Varejao told CSNBayarea's Monte Poole. "When you want to win, you have to be like they are. Friends have fun out there, fun in the locker room

Lebron:

"I would hope if you're 50-5 that everyone loves each other. ... What else do you want at that point? ... Duh."

Anderson Varejao is happy to be away from the Cavs

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: It feels good knowing that the GOAT in my fav sport isn't a complete D-bag anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    I'm done.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Alright...now you've gone into full blown stupidity...bringing up assist between a PG and a SG? I'm done. Have a great night.
    Please...the amount of time each has the ball is probably equal.

Point guard and shooting guard and small forward...these are just labels for novices to follow along.

I'm pretty sure MJ wasn't capping himself at 5.3 assists per game, just because he was a shooting guard. He couldn't get any more than that because his vision was not as good Curry's (or Lebron's or Bird's...two "small forwards" who averaged 7-8 assists per game )

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    Please...the amount of time each has the ball is probably equal.

Point guard and shooting guard and small forward...these are just labels for novices to follow along.

I'm pretty sure MJ wasn't capping himself at 5.3 assists per game, just because he was a shooting guard. He couldn't get any more than that because his vision was not as good Curry's (or Lebron's or Bird's...two "small forwards" who averaged 7-8 assists per game )
    You'd know a lot of about being a novice wouldn't you? If you don't even realize how the triangle works and the fact that Scottie was the one bringing up the ball and setting up the offense in each set.

Very good NBA starter

And MJ was just an above average passer.

MJ was probably the best passing SG ever. You're an idiot.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3

I actually agree with this guy. MJ was a great passer and going by numbers he was getting 7-8 early in his Career.

That prick MJ will likely be surpassed (at least in terms of peak season) by current Steph Curry this year.
    Stopped reading after this LOL

Very good NBA starter

You'd know a lot of about being a novice wouldn't you? If you don't even realize how the triangle works and the fact that Scottie was the one bringing up the ball and setting up the offense in each set.
    Hey, you were done for tonight adult person

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3

He was probably around top 10 for SG's in terms of pure passing vision in any given year he was playing.

Stop trying to make him out to be a God. He was elite at many things, passing vision was not one of them.

And its not something you can even learn really.

Random wings like Igoudala have better passing vision. His own wing teammate, Pippen, had much better vision. It was on another tier, or even two.

Edit: Oh yeah, and Kukoc was on those teams too. So there's another wing with better vision and on his own freakin' team.
    Last edited by tmacattack33; 02-28-2016 at 02:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic 32
    Hey, you were done for tonight adult person
    Notice how you ignored every other post before mine just to post this...yeah...I believe they call that...rent free.

Decent college freshman

I'll be rooting for Cleveland in the Finals. And rooting for Lebron until he retires.

...and I can also root for Curry to pass MJ as well.

There's no rules to this. Except of course the fact that both the Warriors and Cavs cannot win a ring at the same time.

So i will be upset if Lebron and Cleveland lose in the Finals. But I will be a little happier as i realize that Curry just got a ring and had a regular season (and perhaps playoff run) that passes MJ's peak year.
    Are people serious wth this? Curry hasn't peaked higher than Mike and won't and won't surpass him All-Time.

Very good NBA starter

Notice how you ignored every other post before mine just to post this...yeah...I believe they call that...rent free.

Don't be late for your adult friends tomorrow...

*scratches head*...I'm sorry magic32 to crash your party...but if your idea is to get me upset...you are piss weak at it. If this was the movie unbreakable you'd have been Sam Jacksons character...but you'd have fell down the stairs and died before half the movie was over.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade's Rings
    I actually agree with this guy. MJ was a great passer and going by numbers he was getting 7-8 early in his Career.
    ? Where are you getting your numbers?

He was at 5.5-6 his whole prime, besides the one year with 8.

LOL.

Furthermore, an assist is not what we are going for. Sabonis and Bird did not average so many assists. They are definitely top 5 in terms of vision ever though. On the flip side, someone like Iverson had "meh" vision and got himself up to 7 assists per game by drawing doubles and dishing.

Furtherfurthermore, vision wouldn't deteriorate with age. MJ's lack of assists in his mid 30's is easily explained by the fact that he drew less double teams.

Put Ginobli's passing vision in 1989 MJ's body and we'll have ourselves the closest thing to a 30 ppg and 10 assist player since Oscar.
    Last edited by tmacattack33; 02-28-2016 at 02:53 AM.

Very good NBA starter

*scratches head*...I'm sorry magic32 to crash your party...but if your idea is to get me upset...you are piss weak at it. If this was the movie unbreakable you'd have been Sam Jacksons character...but you'd have fell down the stairs and died before half the movie was over.
    Stop posting. Go to bed.

Adult life is waiting