Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Default Re: Curry is better than Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPippen
    Currently is significantly better than Kobe ever was at every aspect of offense, with the exception of his post game (and Curry is a PG with absolutely no need for a post game, so that's completely irrelevant).

Shooting? No need to elaborate.

Ball-handling? Same as above. Curry is a wizard with the ball in a way that Kobe never was.

Finishing at the rim? Curry is the best finisher of any non-big man right now. He has some of the most elegant finishes in the league.

Passing? Curry averages 6.6 assists, and I'd even say that he's still an underrated passer. He's not at the Nash level of passing and playmaking, but he's great on his own right.

All of this is essentially undeniable. It's supported by Curry's complete and utter of dominance over Bryant in literally every offensive statistic, as well as by the eye-test, by team success, and really by any metric you want to use. That's not gonna stop deludes Stan's like OP from denying it, but some people just refuse to acknowledge reality.

For the record, Kobe in the first half of his career was a far better defender than Curry ever will be. A better rebounder too, but otherwise Curry's superiority is clear.

Agree on most of your points. But this notion that because Curry is the better shooter, especially where 3pt is concerned makes him a better scorer overall. Doesn't make much sense.

If that's the case Reggie and Ray are vastly underrated.

I think Kobe's defense and rebounding balance Curry's passing and shooting.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    he's never been at the efficiency curry has. kobe needed a lot of shot attempts to put up his points. curry hardly needs any. curry is better than kobe ever was and it's very clear to everyone that isn't a stan.
    So defense doesn't matter?

Oh yeah, how about the fact that Curry plays in a soft defensive era.

Or at least thats what I always heard when people were trying to downplay Kobe's scoring binges in the 2000s compared to Jordan...

Funny how that doesn't apply anymore when you get a chance to prop up another player to knock down Kobe.

Hentai loving little twerp.

he's never been at the efficiency curry has. kobe needed a lot of shot attempts to put up his points. curry hardly needs any. curry is better than kobe ever was and it's very clear to everyone that isn't a stan.
    Like I told SugarHill, you guys need to stop pretending this protect my FG% mentality was always prevalent.

Guards/wings were shooting at a high clip in the era Kobe came up in.

Quote Originally Posted by IllegalD
    So defense doesn't matter?

Oh yeah, how about the fact that Curry plays in a soft defensive era.

Or at least thats what I always heard when people were trying to downplay Kobe's scoring binges in the 2000s compared to Jordan...

Funny how that doesn't apply anymore when you get a chance to prop up another player to knock down Kobe.

Hentai loving little twerp.
    awww u mad? sorry the numbers and eye test and anyone with a brain say what i'm saying. keep crying little boy.

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    Like I told SugarHill, you guys need to stop pretending this protect my FG% mentality was always prevalent.

Guards/wings were shooting at a high clip in the era Kobe came up in.
    dude what the hell are you talking about?

dude what the hell are you talking about?
    You're too young bro. Therefore stay out of these discussions since clearly your intro to basketball was Lebron James and Dwight fuccing Howard.

You're too young bro. Therefore stay out of these discussions since clearly your intro to basketball was Lebron James and Dwight fuccing Howard.
    Your response doesn't even make sense you moron. Curry takes less shots and gets a similar number of points because Curry shoots 3s at such a high %. Kobe can't compare. Curry shits on Kobe efficiency wise and that makes him a better scorer and player.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperPippen
    Currently is significantly better than Kobe ever was at every aspect of offense, with the exception of his post game (and Curry is a PG with absolutely no need for a post game, so that's completely irrelevant).

Shooting? No need to elaborate.

Ball-handling? Same as above. Curry is a wizard with the ball in a way that Kobe never was.

Finishing at the rim? Curry is the best finisher of any non-big man right now. He has some of the most elegant finishes in the league.

Passing? Curry averages 6.6 assists, and I'd even say that he's still an underrated passer. He's not at the Nash level of passing and playmaking, but he's great on his own right.

All of this is essentially undeniable. It's supported by Curry's complete and utter of dominance over Bryant in literally every offensive statistic, as well as by the eye-test, by team success, and really by any metric you want to use. That's not gonna stop deludes Stan's like OP from denying it, but some people just refuse to acknowledge reality.

For the record, Kobe in the first half of his career was a far better defender than Curry ever will be. A better rebounder too, but otherwise Curry's superiority is clear.

You're a horrible basketball evaluator. Kobe was the better ball handler when healthy, always the better passer, better rebounder, better defender, better rim finisher, better ft shooter, mid range, and the better decoy. For as godly curry is from three, healthy Kobe was on the same tier and better when on fire. As a matter fact he was the more deadly shooter when covered. Currys team allows premium spacing. So shut your mouth and quit speaking on basketball. Don't bring up team success either because last time I checked Kobe was directly responsible for 2 different 3peats when he had help. That's peak Jordan tier, which curry isn't at.

Quote Originally Posted by CAstill
    Just stop speaking on basketball, you're really clueless to the game.
    Curry has been on more talented rosters to open up his range and has had health on his side.
    Kobe is still better.
    More talented rosters = worse player?

I guess Hakeem and LeBron are undeniably better than MJ then?

Quote Originally Posted by CAstill
    You're a horrible basketball evaluator. Kobe was the better ball handler when healthy, always the better passer, better rebounder, better defender, better rim finisher, better ft shooter, mid range, and the better decoy. For as godly curry is from three, healthy Kobe was on the same tier and better when on fire. As a matter fact he was the more deadly shooter when covered. Currys team allows premium spacing. So shut your mouth and quit speaking on basketball. Don't bring up team success either because last time I checked Kobe was directly responsible for 2 different 3peats when he had help. That's peak Jordan tier, which curry isn't at.

Curry is shooting 93.4% from the FT line this season (90.1% for his career).

Kobe's best season at this line is 86.8%, and his career FT% is 83.6.

What's next, Shaq was a better FT shooter than Curry?

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P

the funny thing is kobe fans would easily say curry is better than lebron this season (and i agree!)
    lebron is the better rebounder, finisher, defender, passer
    but curry is still better because he's so much better at one aspect. it's the same here.

More talented rosters = worse player?

I guess Hakeem and LeBron are undeniably better than MJ then?
    What are you talking about? Jordan is the Goat and Hakeem and lebron are both top 15.
    Curry has an awesome team around him to exploit his biggest strength which is the long ball, doesn't mean he's a better player than anyone you mentioned.

Good for him, he came in the watch my stats era and protect fg percentage that lebron and wade created. Nash had better percentages too, doesn't mean that when championship and final trips were on the line that Nash didn't choke and Kobe delivered because that's exactly what happened and it's the only thing that matters. Kobe will hit the free throw, curry hasn't proved anything.

National High School Star lakers_forever's Avatar

Kobe dropped 81 and 62 on a Finals Team in 3 quarters. Averaged 40 for like a month.

I think you have that mixed up.
    How quick do they forget. Dude was outscoring by himself the best team in the league in 3 quarters. Kobe was the best player in the NBA in 2006, better than current Curry. So was 2006 Lebron. Both Jordanesque all around superstars.

National High School Star lakers_forever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blablabla
    I believe while Curry is absolutely terrific the Warriors system and supporting players are truly maximizing his scoring output. Because if he had Chris Mihm setting the pick for him while Smush and Walton are standing in the corners he ain't dropping 30 a game. So for some of you it might be easy to point to shooting percentages or whatever and say Curry is the better shot creator but frankly he just has it a lot easier. For him to create a high percentage shot he just has to make it inside 30 feet
    Imagine with 2006 Kobe or prime Lebron had Klay and those guys from the Warriors to pass too when double teamed? Also having Green to make plays...