Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Default Re: Curry is better than Kobe

I would prefer this Curry over any version of Kobe.... its more of an acquired taste in gamestyle rather than who i think is better, i mean i would take Reggie Miller over him to, its a shooter thing and Curry just so happens to be the best ever at it (GOAT efficiency & production from longrange)...
    Last edited by pauk; 02-28-2016 at 07:42 PM.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    I would prefer this Curry over any version of Kobe.... its more of an acquired taste in gamestyle rather than who i think is better, i mean i would take Reggie Miller over him to, its a shooter thing and Curry just so happens to be the best ever at it (GOAT efficiency & production from longrange)...

Someone please ban this f*ggot for stupidity

Yeah it is a shooter thing, and Jordan and Kobe happen to be the best shooters of all time with Bird finishing the clique. Tell reggie, Ray and steph to sit their asses down and do that stuff when your teammates don't allow you to be open.

So you would take Reggie Miller over kobe?

into the trash you go

National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    You sound alittle upset there brother. I don't really know what crawled up your ass but if you would care to remove Steph's **** from there for a second you would realize that what I'm saying is the complete and utter truth. The entire advanced metric generation is under the false conclusion that a few missed shots that puts Kobe's mere mortal 45% away from a guy like Lebron who's a career FG is 49 % is some how paramount to who's the better player.

You see a three go in at a good clip and think "Best there ever was". Steve Nash has a GOAT 3 pt % too, does that make him automatically better than Kob as well?
    Curry attempts 3 times as many attempts than Nash... While shooting a much better % on top of that.

You're obviously unable to make an argument without going into insults. You made a shitty Curry thread in disguise to prop up Kobe... And got called out for it by literally everyone in the thread.

Instead of coming up with a rubuttal you decided to insult me, yet I'm the upset one.

I posted all facts btw, I didn't even need to go into advanced stats... Simple 3pt FG% and FG%.

Curry's career 3pt % is pretty much equal to Kobe's career FG%. Let that sink deep in you like Kobe's ****.

Quote Originally Posted by CAstill
    Yeah it is a shooter thing, and Jordan and Kobe happen to be the best shooters of all time with Bird finishing the clique. Tell reggie, Ray and steph to sit their asses down and do that stuff when your teammates don't allow you to be open.
    Haha!!!!!!! What!??? Ray, Reggie, Steph or even just... dunno... Steve Kerr... would embarass Jordan or Kobe in a shootout, blindfolded..

I think you are confusing PURE SHOOTING with SHOOTING.... and even with that shooter category Kobe doesnt come anywhere close (he wasnt efficient), Jordan however yes, he is up there... Bird is up there both as a pure shooter and shooter...

Yup, Curry is better than Kobe.

Curry is already better than Kobe ever was. The playoffs should (and more than likely will) reaffirm that.

As far as impact goes, on offense, Curry is the modern day Magic Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Colangelo
    Curry attempts 3 times as many attempts than Nash... While shooting a much better % on top of that.

You're obviously unable to make an argument without going into insults. You made a shitty Curry thread in disguise to prop up Kobe... And got called out for it by literally everyone in the thread.

Instead of coming up with a rubuttal you decided to insult me, yet I'm the upset one.

I posted all facts btw, I didn't even need to go into advanced stats... Simple 3pt FG% and FG%.

Curry's career 3pt % is pretty much equal to Kobe's career FG%. Let that sink deep in you like Kobe's ****.
    The shooting percentage is in direct correlation to teammates opening the floor for spacing. Kobe is better, get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by SexSymbol
    So you would take Reggie Miller over kobe?

into the trash you go
    Yes, i think i explained why... its a nostalgic choice i guess, a player i grew up watching and patterning my shooting habits after... including Drazen Petrovic & other pure shooters of the 90s... its more of a "player i would like to see over Kobe"... and the list of players i would like to watch over him is very long, with mostly legendary shooters like Bird/Reggie at the top...
    Last edited by pauk; 02-28-2016 at 08:06 PM.

Just love pure shooting... and Currys pure shooting... blows my mind... never seen any better pure shooter and this comes from a huge Reggie stan who have seen it all from the golden age of longrange pure shooters (entire 90s, live), Curry is not human from longrange, i just smh throughout his games, its unreal... and how rapidly & stupidly he just flicks it up there like the ball is on fire a la Shawn Marion or something is equally mindboggling, with zero remorse for shooting technique/comfort/focus/stance, you dont even have time to put your hand up so fast he throws it up there... and it goes in, at a record breaking rate & range...
    Last edited by pauk; 02-28-2016 at 08:05 PM.

National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

The shooting percentage is in direct correlation to teammates opening the floor for spacing. Kobe is better, get over it.
    You mean the spacing provided by Shaq the MDE drawing double/triple teams?

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Curry is already better than Kobe ever was. The playoffs should (and more than likely will) reaffirm that.

As far as impact goes, on offense, Curry is the modern day Magic Johnson.
    No offense but most of you were singing that same song and dance about Durant a few years ago until his run kinda nodded off just like Oscar Robertson during a Warriors game. I think we all should pump the breaks on the Curry hype.

Better than Kobe ever was though? This kid just became an All-star in 2014.

What can I do for you? SuperPippen's Avatar

You're a horrible basketball evaluator. Kobe was the better ball handler when healthy, always the better passer, better rebounder, better defender, better rim finisher, better ft shooter, mid range, and the better decoy. For as godly curry is from three, healthy Kobe was on the same tier and better when on fire. As a matter fact he was the more deadly shooter when covered. Currys team allows premium spacing. So shut your mouth and quit speaking on basketball. Don't bring up team success either because last time I checked Kobe was directly responsible for 2 different 3peats when he had help. That's peak Jordan tier, which curry isn't at.
    ...wtf?

You're not just being the typical Stan in denial; you're claiming things that are objectively untrue. Your post is so completely devoid of logic or rationality that arguing with you would be a complete waste of time and effort.

The fact you're getting so personally upset is also cringe-worthy. I'm sorry your mind can't reconcile itself with reality. Have fun living in your fantasy land.

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    No offense but most of you were singing that same song and dance about Durant a few years ago until his run kinda nodded off just like Oscar Robertson during a Warriors game. I think we all should pump the breaks on the Curry hype.

Better than Kobe ever was though? This kid just became an All-star in 2014.
    Negative. I can only speak for myself, but I never thought that about Durant.

Also not sure what relevance 2014 has with today? Currently. I'm talking about peaks here, not career resume or all-time supremacy.