Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Stock trading, anybody get into the market?

Any fellow ishers out here trade stocks? Make good money on the side or do it full time? What's the best way to learn and do virtual stock trading on a training app to learn fundamentals? Which is the best one to download

Default Re: Stock trading, anybody get into the market?

Get informed on specific companies, their plans, their competition, and how their current stock price reflects their actual worth. Dont learn about trading techniques.

Mr jabbar pro tip of the day: Buy intel stocks. about 30% stock rise expected in the next 10 months

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

I'm always messing around the stock market but I am far from an expert.

~pt~ pro tip of the day: Buy shit when it is low, then sell it when it is high

I'm all about that Phillips 66 stock right now...(psx)

Buffett buying up millions and millions and millions worth of that stock.

Read up on it.

What tool do you guys use to order your stocks? Do you go through a stockbroker? just trying to learn where to start and the process and mess around with small amounts to start off with. More advice would be appreciated heaps!

Quote Originally Posted by Rondooooooooooo
    I have a account and been buying stck just for the sake of learning more about it, I am far from serious trader.

I just read opinions on companies and watch for trends.

From what I can tell, and I may be wrong, but it takes real money invested to actually see a good profit. You do a couple hundred and you wont see much a gain.
    What app or system do you use to invest man?

You can usually buy through your bank, abusive comision they usually take can be negociated

I use TDAmeritrade for my fckin around stock trading.

Just use a cheap $/share online broker. Use robinhood for free commission if you aren't trading thousands of dollars.

Good college starter NZStreetBaller's Avatar

Dont bother with stocks dude there is way too many situations that can dictate ups and downs in the market. Literally a sex scandal between a CEO and a co worker... or a iphone that got sat on and broke can force you to lose money. Unless you are a unicorn like warren buffet or ray dialo you are literally just a speculator not an investor.

The mentality that the stock market is the best way to invest is forced into the american minds because it keeps business's strong but the reality is its a zero sum game which means you are betting against everyone else. Including those unicorns.

Quote Originally Posted by NZStreetBaller
    Dont bother with stocks dude there is way too many situations that can dictate ups and downs in the market. Literally a sex scandal between a CEO and a co worker... or a iphone that got sat on and broke can force you to lose money. Unless you are a unicorn like warren buffet or ray dialo you are literally just a speculator not an investor.

The mentality that the stock market is the best way to invest is forced into the american minds because it keeps business's strong but the reality is its a zero sum game which means you are betting against everyone else. Including those unicorns.
    That is when you buy!

I'm starting to figure out what to look for and that type of petty BS that causes investors to freak out and sell causes the stock price to tumble, that is when you should jump in and 'buy low'.

I bought up some Chipotle stock not too long ago after their stock plummeted from the EColi scare, and so far that has worked out well for me. It's on it's way back up, and when I feel like it has reached it's ceiling I will sell it.

You don't have to be a billionaire to profit from the market, but I will say you need some 'thousands' to throw around. Messing around with like $500 isn't going to do much for you unless you hit the lotto with some penny stocks.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~

You don't have to be a billionaire to profit from the market, but I will say you need some 'thousands' to throw around. Messing around with like $500 isn't going to do much for you unless you hit the lotto with some penny stocks.
    Yep, my sister got interested in stock after she heard of my investments. Taught her the basics, and then she put 10k dollars in investment account and started investing by putting 1k here and 1k there.

Made a 25% gain from her initial placement in her first 4 month. Which isn't a lot with 10 k but it is a way to get started.

Nowadays she got a way with it, she even has put in 75% of her savings in her investment account and regularly calls me with tips.

Quote Originally Posted by Giaodollo
    Yep, my sister got interested in stock after she heard of my investments. Taught her the basics, and then she put 10k dollars in investment account and started investing by putting 1k here and 1k there.

Made a 25% gain from her initial placement in her first 4 month. Which isn't a lot with 10 k but it is a way to get started.

Nowadays she got a way with it, she even has put in 75% of her savings in her investment account and regularly calls me with tips.
    Yep, 25% off $10k is $2.5k, who wouldn't want that? $2.5k pays all her bills for a few months.

But still, a lot of people don't have an extra $10k to mess with like that. That's why I was saying you don't have to be a billionaire, but you do have to have something.

So going in to see your bank and putting some savings into an investment account is a pretty good option, rather than the stock trading game?

I remember someone made a thread about buying chipotle stock when it was ~$420 in January. As of Today it is $528....