Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default I hope POP will allow Kawhi to guard Curry for the entire game.

Kawhi pretty much got smoked last time whenever he guarded Curry but it was a small sample size. This is the most exciting matchup in the entire NBA. Kawhi guarding Curry. I want to see it every damn possession.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Default Re: I hope POP will allow Kawhi to guard Curry for the entire game.

Leonard can't guard Curry at all, especially off ball, that is where it gets ugly

That's not a good tactical idea based on me being an armchair coach and playing 2K. Curry tires out players considerably when they guard, Delly being sent to the hospital when he ran his ass off in the final. Kawhi would do better than the rest of the team, but the problem is if he gets tired. Since he's a class 2-way player, it might affect his game offensively too much. Do you want to risk that?

I guess Pop should try when I think about it, maybe Kawhi can handle it for a game or two. Can he handle it for 5, 6, 7 games in a row though? I think Pop tried to put everyone on him for two reasons last game. One was to see which of his players can mark him the best. The second might be to ensure his team always energy to keep up by playing intense defense and not hurt their offensive game.. no one can get gassed out if they're not marking him for too long either.

Rich Manning is my dad Vancouver-Grizz's Avatar

If he decides to utilize Leonard to guard Curry as a game plan, expect him to only do it for half a quarter to experiment the effectiveness.

Pop will never expose his playoff plans in a regular season game against the GSW. Its a game of chess and it wouldn't even surprise me if Pops decided to rest certain players for each of their upcoming 3 games against the warriors.

NBA Legend

Theres no benefit to the spurs doing that.

Curry is completely unguardable. An opposing team's only hope is that he has a bad game. Curry is killing the league with no love from the refs, that's even more amazing

Good High School Starter

He can get away with it considering how pathetic Harrison Barnes looks right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ca$H
    Kawhi pretty much got smoked last time whenever he guarded Curry but it was a small sample size. This is the most exciting matchup in the entire NBA. Kawhi guarding Curry. I want to see it every damn possession.
    At least Curry won't be a little b[COLOR="Black"]i[/COLOR]tch about it and do this:

What a mental midget....

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Ballin

What a mental midget....

Not only mental

NBA lottery pick

No. Leonard can guard Curry in the 4th, MAYBE. I'd prefer Green on him or Simmons possibly.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan

Leonard can't guard Curry at all, especially off ball, that is where it gets ugly

True - Popovich said Kawhi was not on MJ's level as a two-way player:

[INDENT]"[I](Kawhi) has the ability to do what a Michael Jordan did at both ends, and I don

Not airballing my layups anymore

Pop will adjust defensive assignments through the game as necessary ... No one is going to guard Curry for 48 min.'s .. also I agree with an earlier post .. It is doubtful he shows his whole defensive scheme in this one game ... They know the odds are stacked that Steph is going to get his points - but he has to be made to work hard for them while also putting pressure on Klay and others ...

Kawhi is too big to get around screens. It wont work. Danny Green is better.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

[QUOTE=3ball]True - Popovich said Kawhi was not on MJ's level as a two-way player:

[INDENT]"[I](Kawhi) has the ability to do what a Michael Jordan did at both ends, and I don

Dubs would just move Curry off ball and make Leonard chase him off screens all game. Honestly that would be a dream scenario for the Dubs.

You also have to consider the cross-guard situation. The Dubs kill teams in transition when they try to cross - guard. I'm sure Leonard would do a good job picking up Curry in transition, but it's not just Curry you have to worry about. Guys like Iggy, Klay, Rush, and Barnes feast off transition jumpers too.

There's only one way to take Curry out of the game currently, and that's with foul trouble. I would make Curry defend the high p&r on every possession, and tell my guards to flop like crazy. Spurs have some elite level perimeter floppers.