Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Ive heard enough about superstars lately. Role players worth paying attention to?

Im not complaining about people discussing superstars....they are the major story of course and always will be. Im just asking for some of your favorite lesser known players worth my attention. Might watch some awful game or two to look into them. These are the guys who really come up on this pending free agency money explosion. Some of the guys mentioned in here are gonna get 60 million for 12ppg off the bench. Laugh if you want...its gonna happen. And I think I know one...

Doug Mcdermott. Hes looking more like I expected the 5th leading scorer in NCAA history to look lately.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLZheaytseQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lU_l3W3Swdo

Hes squaring up and hitting 27-28 footers off the dribble...floater going to the basket...hits his open shots and his one dribble pullup has been working. Hes always been able to get open off the ball but now hes making the shots.

In the 15 games since the all star break hes putting up 15ppg on 50% shooting 44% from 3 and 89% from the line all off the bench in 26 minutes a game. He may be worth paying attention to next chance you get to watch a Bulls game.

Hes my current role player "crush".

Who you got for me?

And I swear im handing out E-DDTs to anyone posting former all stars who have settled into being role players or superstars they want to be amusing by suggesting are role players. I want the young up and comers. Who is the world just sleeping on because we dont watch enough of your probably shitty non interesting team?

Default Re: Ive heard enough about superstars lately. Role players worth paying attention to?

PJ Tucker is a role player on a bad team that'd do really well on a good team

Default Re: Ive heard enough about superstars lately. Role players worth paying attention to?

Jared Dudley is another one

Banned

Is there a better role player PG than Patrick Beverley?

Gary Harris

I know it's one of the more obvious selections (at least imo) but Livingston gets it done. The guy is such a complimentary piece off the pine.

Dudley is pretty damn versatile

He's played whole seasons at shooting guard, small forward, and power forward. Got the outside shot... decent defender...

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
    Dudley is pretty damn versatile

He's played whole seasons at shooting guard, small forward, and power forward. Got the outside shot... decent defender...
    Agreed

NBA Legend

Don't hate the playa, hate the role.

JJ Redick

Bizmack has been a very solid addition for the Raps this year

dennis schr

Dunking on everybody in the park dannysc305's Avatar

I got one for you. Rookie second round pick Josh Richardson. Lockdown defender 50% from 3 and posterized Greg Monroe

WayOfWade
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

If you ever are watching the Jazz, watch Rudy Gobert on defense and don't ball-watch. His spacing and timing on both offense and defense is incredible. Rudy knows his limits on both sides of the ball, and so knows when to refrain from a contest (which isn't very often) or from a shot on offense. He's also a very good passer, better than you'd expect.

Dunking on everybody in the park dannysc305's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WayOfWade
    If you ever are watching the Jazz, watch Rudy Gobert on defense and don't ball-watch. His spacing and timing on both offense and defense is incredible. Rudy knows his limits on both sides of the ball, and so knows when to refrain from a contest (which isn't very often) or from a shot on offense. He's also a very good passer, better than you'd expect.
    I like him. He's a poor man's Hassan Whiteside