Default If stickum is illegal should LeBron's powder also be illegal?

Why is one artificial substance on your hands okay but the other is not? Stickum makes rebounding and other plays that involve grabbing and securing the ball easier like catching passes I'm sure. But on the flip side wouldn't powder make plays dependent on releasing the ball easier? Such as shooting and passing? Seems like one substance aids bigs down low, the other aids guards and forwards on the perimeter. Why is only one of these things not allowed?

Disclaimer: Relax, this is not a stab at LeBron he's not the only player that uses chalk. It's just an open question for discussion.

Banned

Default Re: If stickum is illegal should LeBron's powder also be illegal?

Big men aren't the one dribbling the ball from rim to rim and making passes with a sticky basketball.

I honestly can't see how powder can be compared to that. The only type of players that would have to resort to using stickum are big men like D12, DeAndre, and Drummond who are all void of skill and do nothing but rebound, dunk, and block shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
    Big men aren't the one dribbling the ball from rim to rim and making passes with a sticky basketball.

I honestly can't see how powder can be compared to that. The only type of players that would have to resort to using stickum are big men like D12, DeAndre, and Drummond who are all void of skill and do nothing but rebound, dunk, and block shots.
    Well I'm just saying - one definitely benefits those bigs (the stickum) and that could with certainty hinder the smaller and/or more skilled players who need to shoot and pass, but the other inversely helps those guys yet would theoretically hurt the bigs. Who wants to try and rebound a ball with powder all over it to make it slick?

Shouldn't no substances be allowed that would alter the texture and grip of the ball?

Banned

No substances would be the right move, but I can see them still allowing powder just to help with gripping the ball. The last thing a player wants is a ball that's sticky or slippery, so if powder helps the problem instead of creating another one then I have no issue with the NBA allowing it.

I just hate that Dwight and dumbass Bickerstaff tried to hide it from the officials, that's just embarrassing and they both need to be punished.

NBA Legend

It's cause the stickum sticks to the ball and affects other players. Powder does not.

If you prohibit powder, all that will happen is he'll put it on in the locker room before he comes out, and nobody will know. So it's pointless.

The stickum leaves evidence, so it's enforceable.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel

it hurts his own teammates. Only a pure scum that only cares about his rebound stats would do this.
    Last edited by Old Man River; 03-20-2016 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Man River
    it hurts his own teammates. Only a pure scum that only cares about his rebound stats would do this.
    Damn, harsh af but okay

It's LeBron's 13th year in the league. Wouldn't ya think it would have been brought up by now if the opposing team had a problem with it?

weak troll thread is weak and dumb