Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
       

Default "99.9% of the world's top scientists collude to purport a false climate crisis...

...only to be thwarted by a plucky band of politicians and billionaires."

HAHAHAHA......!

responsibility is the game, cracka-killa!

   

Default Re: "99.9% of the world's top scientists collude to purport a false climate crisis...

i often have to step outside and bang my pot... which is probably how i found that quote in the first place.

Default Re: "99.9% of the world's top scientists collude to purport a false climate crisis...

Gigantes, I am happy you have moved away from calling out deuce or j$ while being in a different state of mind. You seem happier also. As a perso who can relate, I am proud of you.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    ...only to be thwarted by a plucky band of politicians and billionaires."

HAHAHAHA......!

responsibility is the game, cracka-killa!

It's so much easier and more fun to witch hunt climate change deniers than it is to actually implement steps in your own life to make a difference, isn't it?

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

This guy makes some odd threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    This guy makes some odd threads.
    And yet he's classier than you, Patrick.

   

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    Gigantes, I am happy you have moved away from calling out deuce or j$ while being in a different state of mind. You seem happier also. As a perso who can relate, I am proud of you.
    not sure exactly what you mean, but thank you, highwhey. IMO deuce is pretty much spot-on, just that he has a need to be the last authority on certain things. i mean i guess it's better than being false-humble, but i think behaving that way is counterproductive when it comes to discussion and building awareness in certain science-y things. as in-- just the other day, neil degrasse-mike tyson said that he loves being found wrong, partly because it creates more involvement and encourages debate.

J$ is someone i have a lot of respect and liking for, even tho he's probably found me tiresome the last couple years and wishes i would go back to my more bro self. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    It's so much easier and more fun to witch hunt climate change deniers than it is to actually implement steps in your own life to make a difference, isn't it?
    well it sure hasn't been like that for me.

i spent WAY too much of my adulthood trying to make a difference in life... creating a small carbon footprint... re-cycling... re-using... dumpster-diving and pretty much going for action, not words, and hoping the 'movement' would catch on with the mainstream and people would be more responsible in their use of resources.

strangely, the last couple years i've been more depressed and bitter about peoples' willful ignorance than various depressing crap in my own life. but i guess all of us have certain stuff in our lives which we just can't let go of, so even as important as the sustainability issue is IMO, fretting over it is creating a kind of sickness in my life. just not good.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    And yet he's classier than you, Patrick.
    i just read a thread about a girl who had half her brain removed and is struggling a bit. i'm still kind of hoping the opposite will happen with patrick some day. :)

NBA Legend

strangely, the last couple years i've been more depressed and bitter about peoples' willful ignorance than various depressing crap in my own life. but i guess all of us have certain stuff in our lives which we just can't let go of, so even as important as the sustainability issue is IMO, fretting over it is creating a kind of sickness in my life. just not good.

Does this include one's own?

Man-man global warming would be the primary biproduct of two main things:

1. Increased biomass. Which is simple enough to understand. The more people or organisms you put in a room, the warmer the room gets. The more organisms you put on a planet, the hotter it will get.

2. Conversion of matter to energy. This produces heat. The more people, and the more societies that are using microwaves and air conditioners and cars and cell phones, the more energy is required. This conversion produces heat.

So the bottom line is that the surest safeguard against global warming is to reduce excess global biomass (humans, their pets, and the livestock that feed both) and also the global demand for energy (i.e. the increasing number of industrialized societies).

Do you accept these obvious realities, or do you like to pretend the most important thing we can do is ignore the real solutions, and just post cartoons on the internet lampooning backwards hillbillies who don't believe you ABOUT global warming?

Answer please.

   

i've argued that shit along scientific lines countless times in the past. it takes work, extra mental energy, research and care to answer correctly and comprehensibly, hence why i'm not very interested in being wound up these days. but thanks for your sympathy and understanding.

not to mention-- at a certain point i realised that people who throw out tripe retorts after all this time are pretty much hopeless on the sustainability issue from my POV. sorry if i sound mean, but i'm generalising here. of course, maybe angry deuce wallace wants to drop in and satisfy you with a short, condescending answer!

or you might try HERE
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97709

NBA Legend

i've argued that shit along scientific lines countless times in the past. it takes work, extra mental energy, research and care to answer correctly and comprehensibly, hence why i'm not very interested in being wound up these days. but thanks for your sympathy and understanding.

not to mention-- at a certain point i realised that people who throw out tripe retorts after all this time are pretty much hopeless on the sustainability issue from my POV. sorry if i sound mean, but i'm generalising here. of course, maybe angry deuce wallace wants to drop in and satisfy you with a short, condescending answer!

or you might try HERE
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97709
    Huh?

I guess since I didn't actually deny global warming, you don't have any points to respond with?

I acknowledged it and detailed the real factors that contribute to it. You seemingly are more focused on making everyone accept global warming than taking a real hard look at what has to be done about it.

What are your thoughts on the excess biomass and the excess demand for energy prevalent on the planet right now?

Tell me.

   

i'm sorry if you had difficulty with my reply. i would strongly encourage you to take a refresher course on the mechanisms of AGCC. i would recommend something like "howstuffworks" or maybe WP.

i guess your Q2 is pertinent in that it relates to taking long-standing sequestered carbon and putting it in to the air through man's usage of fossil fuels. i mean, welcome to the industrial revolution if that helps you out.

NBA Legend

i'm sorry if you had difficulty with my reply. i would strongly encourage you to take a refresher course on the mechanisms of AGCC. i would recommend something like "howstuffworks" or maybe WP.

i guess your Q2 is pertinent in that it relates to taking long-standing sequestered carbon and putting it in to the air through man's usage of fossil fuels. i mean, welcome to the industrial revolution if that helps you out.

Nice dodge. My point is made.

S'long.

Decent playground baller

What motivation would scientists even have to do this?

   

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Nice dodge. My point is made.

S'long.
    sorry but i'm not here to hold your hand.

if you're not willing to put in the basic work, then that's on you, not me.

stay if you like. go if you must.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeTheSnake
    What motivation would scientists even have to do this?
    apparently it has to do with lots of money, a big conspiracy, and a mascot named al gore.

not sure exactly what you mean, but thank you, highwhey. IMO deuce is pretty much spot-on, just that he has a need to be the last authority on certain things. i mean i guess it's better than being false-humble, but i think behaving that way is counterproductive when it comes to discussion and building awareness in certain science-y things. as in-- just the other day, neil degrasse-mike tyson said that he loves being found wrong, partly because it creates more involvement and encourages debate.

J$ is someone i have a lot of respect and liking for, even tho he's probably found me tiresome the last couple years and wishes i would go back to my more bro self. :P

well it sure hasn't been like that for me.

i spent WAY too much of my adulthood trying to make a difference in life... creating a small carbon footprint... re-cycling... re-using... dumpster-diving and pretty much going for action, not words, and hoping the 'movement' would catch on with the mainstream and people would be more responsible in their use of resources.

i just read a thread about a girl who had half her brain removed and is struggling a bit. i'm still kind of hoping the opposite will happen with patrick some day. :)
    Let's just say I stumbled upon some of your old threads. Whenever you need to vent, we're always here

And I concur on both accounts, deucy always needs to be right. J$ is probably my all-time favorite poster.