Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Craig Sager

Default Craig Sager

What a scary feeling. Man, even now, sitting here realizing I'm going to be 30 in two years... we are all dying one second at a time.

Local High School Star HitandRun Reggie's Avatar

Default Re: Craig Sager

That's without treatment. He's is receiving excellent care, and remains hopeful he can send his cancer into remission like it has twice before. Keep strong Sager!

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    What a scary feeling. Man, even now, sitting here realizing I'm going to be 30 in two years... we are all dying one second at a time.
    Beating Cancer is all about early detection. Keeping metastatis at a minimum greatly increases your chances.

Quote Originally Posted by HitandRun Reggie
    That's without treatment. He's is receiving excellent care, and remains hopeful he can send his cancer into remission like it has twice before. Keep strong Sager!
    The 64-year-old Atlanta resident confirms that doctors informed him in February that he was no longer in remission and the diagnosis is not good.
    Not good, Peter...

Damn. Everyone loves the man, always enjoyed his interactions with coach pop and KG making fun of his suits.

Yeah man when it kept returning I kind of thought he was in trouble. What a bummer. Puts things into some amount of perspective no?

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    Yeah man when it kept returning I kind of thought he was in trouble. What a bummer. Puts things into some amount of perspective no?
    Yeah, life is truly precious. It is worth more than any sum of money in the world put together.

Truly sucks to ever hear stuff like this..

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    Yeah...

What do you do? Doctor says you have 90 - 180 days left, if you're lucky.

My Dad discovered a new treatment for AML that's now going through trials, and has done some remarkable things for people on their last legs. Someone send this to Sager:

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02273102

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    My Dad discovered a new treatment for AML that's now going through trials, and has done some remarkable things for people on their last legs. Someone send this to Sager:

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02273102
    Thats only for a variant of AML (look up the French classifications, theres hundreds of subtypes), also it's a clinical trial meaning there's no reliable data and toxicity/adverse effects are unknown/innumerable. Hope it works though for him, it's all you have left when the common treatments no longer are beneficial.

Quote Originally Posted by masonanddixon
    Thats only for a variant of AML (look up the French classifications, theres hundreds of subtypes), also it's a clinical trial meaning there's no reliable data and toxicity/adverse effects are unknown/innumerable. Hope it works though for him, it's all you have left when the common treatments no longer are beneficial.
    Not in this case because the treatment is with an already FDA approved drug. What's primarily being trialled is its effectiveness, and in some cases this has been very good, though the process is taking a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Yeah...

What do you do? Doctor says you have 90 - 180 days left, if you're lucky.

Probably soak up the company of my family as much as I could. I'm not sure what I'd do. Go back to NY for sure.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    Not in this case because the treatment is with an already FDA approved drug. What's primarily being trialled is its effectiveness, and in some cases this has been very good, though the process is taking a long time.
    No it's only in Phase I. And if you look at the exclusion criteria for tat trial, its essentially saying that almost no AML patients will be able to tolerate the drug unless they literally have no co-morbidities, which is completely unrealistic.

Also retinoic acid (Vitamin A) has been used in AML treatment for decades. Tranylcypromine is just an old school anti-depressant; looking at this trial it looks actually like a complete scam now.

With most clinical trial drugs it's the drug rather than the disease which ends up killing the patient.

It's always worth a shot though if the patient is young and willing to take the risks rather than going down the palliative route.
    Last edited by masonanddixon; 03-24-2016 at 05:41 AM.

Just read that Craig Sager cheated on his wife, left her for a Bull's dancer, got much needed bone marrow transplant from his son and then cuts him from the will the very next day.

Craig is probably burning in hell right now

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23 View Post
    Just read that Craig Sager cheated on his wife, left her for a Bull's dancer, got much needed bone marrow transplant from his son and then cuts him from the will the very next day.

Craig is probably burning in hell right now

Most famous people are scumbags behind closed doors. Money and fame will do that to you.

I’m surprised they still let Marv Albert have a job. I’m not sure why we all look the other way with these horrible people and give them a pass.