Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: People ACTUALLY think that Batman V Superman is the best comic book movie ever made..

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    You gotta remember, it was great from a DC comic book fans perspective. It was basically like watching a comic book movie, not a movie with comic book characters. These are the same people that always thought Nolan's Batman wasn't up to par.
    I'm a big fan of the Justice League TV series as well as most of the cartoon movies that they put out (Superman Apocalypse and All Star, Batman/Superman Public Enemies, Green Lantern, etc).

The writing for them was top notch. By comparison, the Zach Snyder movie was a steaming pile of plot-hole ridden trash.

Default Re: People ACTUALLY think that Batman V Superman is the best comic book movie ever made..

even comic geeks didn't like the movie

http://io9.gizmodo.com/batman-v-supe...ice-1767720335

Quote Originally Posted by greymatter
    What exactly was "for you"?
    I felt like it gave the fans everything they've been asking for...

If we are talking SPOILERS...

The fight between Superman v Batman gave us a clear cut winner. It was
    Batman. If the movie ended right when Lois Lane stepped in,... and said,
    "to be continued"... this movie would still be in my top 5. But no, they
    give us an even better fight afterwards... I personally thought
    Doomsday was incredible... He looked better than any CGI Hulk I've
    ever seen....

But like I said Batman won the fight... Not only won the fight... but he beat the
    living $hit out of him...

Also... Also... How can you not love the fact that Super Man died?

I had forgotten Doomsday kills SM in the comics... And I'm glad I did.
    So right when I realized the good guy dies at the end... I thought to myself: "genius"

-The part where Batman suddenly decides not to kill Superman because his mother has the same first name?
    What's wrong about that? Batman came to the realization that he was about to kill
    a person that was much like himself... I have absolutely no problem with this except I did
    kinda laugh at the way Ben Affleck delivered his lines here...

Bruce Wayne has been traumatized by his parents death his entire life... Nothing
    to dislike about this.

-The part where after trying to kill Superman, he 5 minutes later introduces himself as "a friend of your son" when he frees Martha Kent?
    Yea... and I actually laughed... One of the very few humorous lines in the film.
    And that line was funny.

Batman meeting Martha Kent was funny.

-The part where the president decides to use a fcuking nuke? (as if he couldn't simply outmaneuver something so clumsy)
    Nukes don't detonate on impact... it's not like the the nuke needed to make impact on the targets...
    It just needed to be in close proximity.

-The especially retarded part about blaming Superman for the massacre in Africa (you know, the part where even the most rudimentary forensics would have noted that the people were killed by fcuking bullets).
    I think there are a few issues here... but all this will be explained in prequels(or future films). I think we will be introduced to Lex Luthor's father... and get more of an understanding why Jessie Eisenberg hates SM so much.

Still,... The movie stands on it's own... It's not a mess...

who cares if they took 10-15 minutes of the film to set up scenes in future DC films?
    That's only going to help this film in the long run.

Lets also try to remember how incredibly bad@ss that scene is where Batman
    takes on 20 dudes with guns... (In the Final trailer)

The trailer doesn't indicate that this scene is actually 10x better in the movie.
    And it's actually a close fight... Batman gets stabbed, and gets shot point blank in the back of the head twice.

That fight scene was also

I even thought the Bat-mobile was pretty cool... Same as the Bat-wing.

The way I see it.... they took Bruce Wayne and turned him into a
    much better Iron Man.

It might become a cult classic a couple of years from now. The Comic nerds hated this movie because it was an original script.

Decent playground baller

-The part where after trying to kill Superman, he 5 minutes later introduces himself as "a friend of your son" when he frees Martha Kent?

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Who cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    It might become a cult classic a couple of years from now. The Comic nerds hated this movie because it was an original script.

not really

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor

not really
    That's not even fair...

That fight in Dark Knight Returns Part 2 is at least 5x better than the fight in Batman V Superman.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Nilocon165
    Because it was done in a bad way with no emotional impact maybe?
    Yeah. No one gave a shit when he died. You want emotional impact with a death scene? Watch Inside Out (Bing Bong).

biggest friday-sunday drop of all superhero movies. worse than the fantastic 4 reboot

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/conten...per-hero-movie

BATMAN VS. SUPERMAN SUFFERS WORST DROP OFF OF ANY SUPER HERO MOVIE

Following Batman Vs. Superman's record opening (which was slightly less than originally estimated), it's now learned the Zack Snyder-directed follow up to Man of Steel has suffered the worse drop off of any super hero movie.

Forbes crunched the numbers (see chart below) and came up with Batman Vs. Superman dropping 55% from Friday's $82 million to Sunday's $37 million gross. That's even more than Fantastic Four. Ouch.

While the obvious reason would seem to be the Easter Sunday holiday, as noted, Batman Vs. Superman also suffered the second worst Friday-to-Saturday drop off with a decline of 38%, second to Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises 40% Friday-to-Saturday drop.

The numbers for this coming weekend should say a lot: whether or not Batman Vs. Superman has any staying power, or similar to Man of Steel which came out roaring out of the box office as well, will Dawn of Justice peter out? Initially, there was talk of a Man of Steel sequel following its own big opening, but as the box office draw saw tumbleweeds, Batman and the Justice League were added to the next movie (this one).

People have been saying the critics reviews don't matter, while that may be true, what matters is a good quality movie. Again similar to Man of Steel, Batman Vs. Superman seems to be received as a mixed bag: some love various parts (mainly Batman and Wonder Woman); some hate various parts (Lex Luthor, Doomsday, Superman).

It's also been said WB needs to get at least $900 million out of Batman Vs. Superman to break even, so what happens if they don't? Justice League starts filming in a couple of weeks with Zack Snyder back yet again. It seemed as if David Goyer took the fall for Man of Steel not hitting a billion, who this time?
    Last edited by rezznor; 03-30-2016 at 09:57 PM.

USD 900 million to break even? fuсk outta here, are those people sleeping on open window in the winter time

Local High School Star

When Rotten Tomatoes has you pegged at ~30%, it's pretty much guaranteed that there isn't going to be any staying power. This movie isn't good enough to rewatch like the first Avengers, Avatar, or the latest Star Wars.

Band

Yeah. No one gave a shit when he died. You want emotional impact with a death scene? Watch Inside Out (Bing Bong).
    I hate when they "kill" characters that are obviously coming back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwcJjE_61XE
    Hitler reacts to Batman v Superman reviews

completely disagree with Adolph Hitler on this one.