Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycles

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Default Re: Motorcycles

Quote Originally Posted by enayes

Gonna pick up one of these once I get my license.

prob my all time favorite bike.

I used to have a bike and sold it after a couple of seasons. Remember, it's not IF you fall, it's WHEN you will fall.

Make sure you have a nice life insurance policy. All it takes is grandma drifting into another lane.

My favorite model of the last few years, Kawasaki Ninja H2R. This is going to be a legendary bike.

I have a Scrambler. My best friend has a Harley and most of the guys I ride with have Harleys. We generally ride when the weather is ideal on a lazy Sunday after church in the summer. Usually into another town or down the coast.I don't use it as a commuter. I have friend's who also ride crotch rockets. One of them works for Kawasaki and races. It's safe as you want it to be. If you ride like a banshee you're chances of a fatal accident in definitely heightened. I've only known one guy to die in a bike accident but sad to say he rode irresponsibly.

NBA Superstar

dont ride u will lose a leg and be a cripple for ever

Awful lotta hate from peeps who have never felt the wind in their hair.

I have a 2006 Honda Shadow VLX CD (extra chrome) that i've had for about a year now. Love it! The 2,000 miles I have put on it were just the best.

I took the Idaho STAR course (beginners) because no one in my family ever rode and I hadn't the slightest clue how to. It was a 3 day course, some book work but mostly on the range, and I would suggest something similar to ANYONE who is buying a bike for the first time.

You will crash. Expect it, and wear your gear. I took a corner too sharp into some gravel and ended up in a field once (stayed on 2 wheels, thankfully) and got brake checked at an intersection that almost made me spill once as well, but I consider these my initiation. Granted, Boise traffic isn't crazy, but I am all for it.

KTM Duke 390

Leaning towards getting one of these. One of the lightest bikes available. Under $5K brand new.

Signed up for a BRC (Basic riding course). After this 2-day course I will have my license, assuming I pass the written and riding tests.

Signed up for a BRC (Basic riding course). After this 2-day course I will have my license, assuming I pass the written and riding tests.
    I officially passed the BRC 2-day course.

I can now go to the BMV and get my motorcycle endorsement on my license. Out of the 11 guys in my class, only 5-6 passed everything. If you fail the riding "exam" you get your permit but you have to schedule a road test to get your official license.

Although I passed everything I know I'm not ready to ride in traffic. My hope is to get an affordable bike at some point this summer and find a big parking lot to practice and practice. It's kinda scary that you can take a 2-day course and then go cruising on the highway.

I went through periods during the 2-day course where I felt confident, and at times somewhat discouraged by lack of progress/an inability to complete the turns/stops effectively.

But it was a lot of fun and I'm glad I've at least taken a step towards becoming a rider

I officially passed the BRC 2-day course.

I can now go to the BMV and get my motorcycle endorsement on my license. Out of the 11 guys in my class, only 5-6 passed everything. If you fail the riding "exam" you get your permit but you have to schedule a road test to get your official license.

Although I passed everything I know I'm not ready to ride in traffic. My hope is to get an affordable bike at some point this summer and find a big parking lot to practice and practice. It's kinda scary that you can take a 2-day course and then go cruising on the highway.

I went through periods during the 2-day course where I felt confident, and at times somewhat discouraged by lack of progress/an inability to complete the turns/stops effectively.

But it was a lot of fun and I'm glad I've at least taken a step towards becoming a rider
    Crazy that you can get your license without being able to ride in traffic. Had to take 4x4h lessons in traffic and on outter city roads before I could sign up for the test.

And that's just because I had a car license before. If not it would have been 6 up to 8x4 hours.

if your life is valuable, dont ride. if its not but you are seeking to fill a void with excitement, then do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive
    Crazy that you can get your license without being able to ride in traffic. Had to take 4x4h lessons in traffic and on outter city roads before I could sign up for the test.

And that's just because I had a car license before. If not it would have been 6 up to 8x4 hours.
    It doesn't make a lot of sense but the permit and road test route is even less practice. In NY and Maine (changing as of today) the other option other than a BRC course was to take an 8 hour classroom only session for permit an sign up for a road test. So you could pas the road test without practicing a lot o the basic maneuvers that are taught in the BRC course.

And with just a permit which last 2 years you can legally own and rode a bike anywhere. That's with only taking an 8 our classroom course.

In Maine as of today you have to take the 2 day BRC course which will lead to either a permit or a full endorsement. The class costs around $300.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    if your life is valuable, dont ride. if its not but you are seeking to fill a void with excitement, then do it.
    It's not that simple.

Life is all about risk. You can take some or you can sit at home alone and do nothing. It's up to you to decide how you want to live.

I'm not sure if I will ever feel confident enough to ride in traffic, but I am going to find out. I earned my license through taking a 2-day course that taught be the basics and gave me a good foundation for riding.

Now it's time for me to hone my skills without any distractions, for example large parking lots, or at hours where almost no traffic is out.

Until I feel completely confident in my own abilities I will not take any unnecessary risks. I will only ride when I am ready.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Until I feel completely confident in my own abilities I will not take any unnecessary risks. I will only ride when I am ready.

Sometimes it isn't about how well you are driving...it's them

That 18 year old chick driving the SUV texting her girlfriends will be just fine if she hits you...but you won't be.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

OPs probably buying a $5,000 bike for a $250 reward from one of his 46 credit cards

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    Sometimes it isn't about how well you are driving...it's them

That 18 year old chick driving the SUV texting her girlfriends will be just fine if she hits you...but you won't be.
    I know they're will always be risks out of my control.

I'm going to make sure that I am not one of those risks.