Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: January, February, March 2016 Were the Warmest Months Ever Recorded, NASA Says

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    50% way over my head
    1. They centered the data by subtracting the global average. This makes it easier to analyze and provides a clearer view of peaks and valleys in relative, rather than absolute, units.

2. Red dots indicate February minimum and maximums, so you can see not only increases in average temperature (grey dots), but also increases in peaks or as they put it "anomalies."

3. This data is collected via 6K+ weather stations around the world. I'm not sure about the global sets, but our nationally registered weather stations are housed on the internet via NOAA. You can go to their website, locate weather stations in your area, and download a slew of metrics for each stations lifespan. This is how most scientific researchers collect their historic climate data; it's where I get mine.

   

Default Re: January, February, March 2016 Were the Warmest Months Ever Recorded, NASA Says

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    1. They centered the data by subtracting the global average. This makes it easier to analyze and provides a clearer view of peaks and valleys in relative, rather than absolute, units.

2. Red dots indicate February minimum and maximums, so you can see not only increases in average temperature (grey dots), but also increases in peaks or as they put it "anomalies."

3. This data is collected via 6K+ weather stations around the world. I'm not sure about the global sets, but our nationally registered weather stations are housed on the internet via NOAA. You can go to their website, locate weather stations in your area, and download a slew of metrics for each stations lifespan. This is how most scientific researchers collect their historic climate data; it's where I get mine.
    i still don't really understand, but thanks. kind of embarrassing, but whatever

i mean really what would you say the average citizen should do at this point?

is there anything we can do realistically?

Well April is ****ing cold.

What does NASA know?

I'd rather listen to Politicians and Corporate sponsored scientific studies.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    What does NASA know?

I'd rather listen to Politicians and Corporate sponsored scientific studies.
    Might as well ask Trump or Cruz. He knows more climate science than the climate scientists and more physics than physicists with PhD. Or better yet, lets ask the Trump supporters

Where you at, UK2K or poido or akrazotile? Tell us why NASA is wrong? Maybe they're making up the numbers? Maybe the chinese or some aliens have taken over NASA?
    Last edited by bladefd; 04-06-2016 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    I blame muslims and feminists
    I blame all the people who are hysterical about nuclear energy. These are the idiots you can blame for the continuing dependence on coal.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    Might as well ask Trump or Cruz. He knows more climate science than the climate scientists and more physics than physicists with PhD. Or better yet, lets ask the Trump supporters

Where you at, UK2K or poido or akrazotile? Tell us why NASA is wrong? Maybe they're making up the numbers? Maybe the chinese or some aliens have taken over NASA?
    Or you could ask Judith Curry.