Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Refugees complaining about Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Rolando
    The problem is that the cultures that they are trying to preserve are not as good as they think. Germans are a great example: They suck. Sure, they make great cars and washing machines. However, in order to achieve such a high level of order, they behave like a bunch of robots. There is no "cool" in German culture outside of the small amount of people who have lived outside of the country for a while.

Lived in Spain for a while too. Those Spanish bastids are super proud of their fairly crappy culture. Their wine is very rough. They suck at cooking vegetables and nobody manages to string together more than a couple of productive hours of work per day. ....But they are really proud.
    Try living in Turkey, Morocco and Egypt for a while and get back to me.

just go home you fukking maggots...we don

Refugees complain about Germany, and posters complain about refugees complaining

This is not me complaining about people complaining. I am just laughing at y'all

5-time NBA All-Star

Let me tell you all about Germany. I am an American but moved to Germany about 10 years ago so.....I know something about this.

Germany is no place for immigrants. They have such a rigid and medieval work system that it requires that every newcomer to basically get trained for 3 years before doing any kind of productive or paying work. Also, Germans, like most Europeans, simply have very little tolerance for outsiders.

The mistake the immigrants have made is imagining that Germany is like the U.S. It is not. Germany is no melting pot. Just ask the people of Turkish decent who have been living there for that past 50 years or so. They are not accepted although they work their asses off and speak German perfectly.

You see, American's absorb and take on people of all cultures. In turn, the American culture is the most lively and interesting in the world. Europeans have a different idea of culture. They believe that their cultures are defined and static. They do not want to integrate new customs and ideas. That's why their contemporary Art, Music, and Films suck and simply do not compare with that of the Americans.

You all have to appreciate where you are. Be American. Hold out your hand to the newcomers and watch how your culture continues to thrive and grow because of it.
    Thanks for the information, man.

Let me tell you all about Germany. I am an American but moved to Germany about 10 years ago so.....I know something about this.

Germany is no place for immigrants. They have such a rigid and medieval work system that it requires that every newcomer to basically get trained for 3 years before doing any kind of productive or paying work. Also, Germans, like most Europeans, simply have very little tolerance for outsiders.

The mistake the immigrants have made is imagining that Germany is like the U.S. It is not. Germany is no melting pot. Just ask the people of Turkish decent who have been living there for that past 50 years or so. They are not accepted although they work their asses off and speak German perfectly.

You see, American's absorb and take on people of all cultures. In turn, the American culture is the most lively and interesting in the world. Europeans have a different idea of culture. They believe that their cultures are defined and static. They do not want to integrate new customs and ideas. That's why their contemporary Art, Music, and Films suck and simply do not compare with that of the Americans.

You all have to appreciate where you are. Be American. Hold out your hand to the newcomers and watch how your culture continues to thrive and grow because of it.
    The problem is that the cultures that they are trying to preserve are not as good as they think. Germans are a great example: They suck. Sure, they make great cars and washing machines. However, in order to achieve such a high level of order, they behave like a bunch of robots. There is no "cool" in German culture outside of the small amount of people who have lived outside of the country for a while.

Lived in Spain for a while too. Those Spanish bastids are super proud of their fairly crappy culture. Their wine is very rough. They suck at cooking vegetables and nobody manages to string together more than a couple of productive hours of work per day. ....But they are really proud.

I miss living in the States.....for sure.
    Yes. Just like those filthy African slaves that we brought in. Should have never done it. They have contributed nothing to our culture. .....LOL. Idiots like you don't know why America is America.
    Loudmouthed, arrogant and boastful American caricature in a nutshell.

Congrats buddy on being something no-one outside of America can stand . The world is never short of Americans playing the role of Henry James' Henrietta Stackpole--this caricature captured boastful, crass, undignified and shameless American arrogance back when he first wrote Portrait of a Lady, and it is still such a keen representation of the American of today .

"we da bess, you all suck, American CULTURE!!!"

Mass corporatism and consumerism, endless advertisements stuffed with kitsch, the most obese country on the planet, everyone driving everywhere, McDonalds and Starbucks, Transformers and superhero movies, and so on. How awesome!

"nothing matches American culture, wooooo, that's why we're imposing it on everyone and then are surprised when this pisses people off"

Last edited by Dresta; 04-11-2016 at 04:31 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta

Congrats buddy on being something no-one outside of America can stand . The world is never short of Americans playing the role of Henry James' Henrietta Stackpole--this caricature captured boastful, crass, undignified and shameless American arrogance back when he first wrote Portrait of a Lady, and it is still such a keen representation of the American of today .

Mass corporatism and consumerism, endless advertisements stuffed with kitsch, the most obese country on the planet, everyone driving everywhere, McDonalds and Starbucks, Transformers and superhero movies, and so on. How awesome!

"nothing matches American culture, wooooo, that's why we're imposing it on everyone and then are surprised when this pisses people off"

There are many great cultures all over the world. Some people prefer one over another. Part of the reason there's countries and borders. People like what they have, where they are and what their shared values are. Now, governments want people to lose these shared identities and values in a lot of countries in Europe.

Very good NBA starter

I'm sure if you displaced thousands of American refugees within other countries you'd find some that would complain about things as well

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    Freedom of speech?

Doesnt mean they arent grateful
    Germany doesn't have freedom of speech
    Yes. Just like those filthy African slaves that we brought in. Should have never done it. They have contributed nothing to our culture. .....LOL. Idiots like you don't know why America is America.
    there is no doubt that the African population in both Americas has proved to be a net negative in the long run

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by fiddy
    There's no such thing as American.
    There absolutely is when it comes to nationality and I believe it promotes community amongst those that live in America. Not sure what non-americans are getting at when they say this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta

If it pissed everyone off then why is it so prevalent worldwide? McDonalds and Starbucks are commonplace in the rest of the world. Keeping up with the joneses. etc. Even in tiny bastions of Bulgaria, they exist.

Those qualities of American culture tend to make me cringe as well but it's not confined to America (which is unfortunate). I think Rolando was referring more to the "sticking together" and "we are all americans" part of the American culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    If it pissed everyone off then why is it so prevalent worldwide? McDonalds and Starbucks are commonplace in the rest of the world. Keeping up with the joneses. etc. Even in tiny bastions of Bulgaria, they exist.

Those qualities of American culture tend to make me cringe as well but it's not confined to America (which is unfortunate). I think Rolando was referring more to the "sticking together" and "we are all americans" part of the American culture.
    Sticking it together is really the result of the government agenda and subsequent brainwashing by the mainstream media. How do you get people to stick together? You present them with a problem/threat that acts as a social glue that brings people together e.g. the evil nazis, then the evil commies in Europe, Russia, and Korea, then the evil Saddam Hussein, and then the evil terrorists. Ofc there are also non-war factors such global warming. Sorry but sticking together in the U.S. is the result of very intentional psychologically engineered social policy rather the result of american culture.

Quote Originally Posted by fiddy
    Sticking it together is really the result of the government agenda and subsequent brainwashing by the mainstream media. How do you get people to stick together? You present them with a problem/threat that acts as a social glue that brings people together e.g. the evil nazis, then the evil commies in Europe, Russia, and Korea, then the evil Saddam Hussein, and then the evil terrorists. Ofc there are also non-war factors such global warming. Sorry but sticking together in the U.S. is the result of very intentional psychologically engineered social policy rather the result of american culture.
    Knew this was going to be the response.

Has more to do with helping a person out than bringing people together against a manufactured enemy. Are you suggesting the former is because of the latter? For example, in Texas, schools and cities helped out Louisiana and displaced Hurricane Katrina victims. After, when another hurricane hit Houston, a similar effort was made amongst Houstonians.

You don't approve when americans label themselves as americans for some reason. The government is doing something right when immigrants are proud of being apart of the country they just emigrated to.

Have you ever lived in America?
    Last edited by Hawker; 04-12-2016 at 06:31 AM.

Sorry....I have lived in different countries and done plenty of traveling. America still is The Land of Opportunity....for real. Most anyone can show up in the US, with almost any level of education and kick butt. Just takes loads of ambition and a willingness to get off your ass.

Show up in a country like Germany and you possibilities are fairly limited. The system and the people are just too rigid.

Really, the refugees will be better off returning to their homeland once hostilities subside....Unless the ended up in the States. Then they would never return.

God Bless America BABY!!!!!!

[QUOTE=tomtucker]just go home you fukking maggots...we don

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    I'm sure if you displaced thousands of American refugees within other countries you'd find some that would complain about things as well
    My best friend father is not a refugee, but German-American and complain about Norway and living in Norway more than anyone i know. And he is earning 500k a year