Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    College superstar

Default Re: 73-9 or Kobe's final game

Neither. Kobe hasn't been Kobe for >3 years. Watching him now when he is a shell of his former self isn't historical, its sad. No one pines over MJs last game as a Wizard.

And Golden State is playing a team that is missing its best 43 players. The best player on that team wouldn't play 3 min for GSW.

I'll do some extra work so I have more free time this weekend when the playoffs, and REAL BASKETBALL start.

I'm split screening....

Going to be watching Kobe's final game. I suspect big minutes and him going for it since it'll be his last hurrah.

I think it's an absolute at this point that Golden State is breaking the record and while in itself is very exciting for talk purposes it's just going to be one superior team smashing on another.

I'd rather see an icon's last game live as its happening. I remember Jordan's last game and now we have Kobe. Two of the best shooting guards IMO to lace them up.

Learning to shoot layups

It's why the great lord above created the Sport Bar....Question is, what audio of the game you want piped through the speaker system.....
    winner: 73-9
    Last edited by Wa88iors; 04-13-2016 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    Neither. Kobe hasn't been Kobe for >3 years. Watching him now when he is a shell of his former self isn't historical, its sad. No one pines over MJs last game as a Wizard.

And Golden State is playing a team that is missing its best 43 players. The best player on that team wouldn't play 3 min for GSW.

I'll do some extra work so I have more free time this weekend when the playoffs, and REAL BASKETBALL start.
    Wow so edgy...

I'll be watching both, for sure, although I think the last minute or two of Kobe's FINAL game will be more memorable.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Wow so edgy...

meltdown

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

watchin them both and celtics heat

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

this perpetually growing eggplant thats been sitting in my pants all week, ready to tear a hole in my jeans, is ready for kobe's final game

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    meltdown
    When did you turn into a 2 bit troll?

I know you've always been a dickhead, but weren't the little one-liners reserved for Bran bois?

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid

O.M.G...

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    meltdown

melt down.....

NBA Superstar

I'll be tuned in to the Warriors. Kobe Bryant is undoubtedly an all-time great but the farewell tour thing hasn't really been my bag. I understood it with Michael Jordan because he was considered by many to be the greatest of all-time but the Bryant stuff, it makes sense for fans who were Kobe Bryant guys but has felt just a touch forced at times.

That said, I wouldn't be adverse to watching, per se. Just in comparison to the Warriors chasing history, I have to go with Golden State. And if the Warriors lose, here's hoping it's in part due to something Vince Carter contributed to along the way.

If I can stay awake I'll be dual screening

Start with Kobe, but when the fourth quarter starts head to the Warriors game

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Wow so edgy...

I'll be watching both, for sure, although I think the last minute or two of Kobe's FINAL game will be more memorable.
    Miami @ Boston is tonight.

That's a real game between playoff teams with serious implications. Miami is the 3 seed with a win and could drop to 6 if they lost.

But go ahead and watch a sideshow rather than basketball. That's par for the course around here.

If watching a game where the Lakers are getting blown out at home to lose their 66th game is memorable because a guy who used to be a great player is playing, so be it. To me, I've seen Kobe at his best and I don't want to remember him in this state. I'd rather watch good basketball.

I'll watch the playoff teams playing for something.