Mac
    First quarter of 2015: 4.6 million
    First quarter of 2016: 4 million, down 12%

Profit
    First quarter of 2015: $13.6 billion
    First quarter of 2016: $10.5 billion, down 22%

Good college starter

Default Re: Apple going downhill?

Apple's profit margins have been huge compared to the other phone companies. Now that people realize the phone quality isn't significantly better, there is no longer justification for the price. It sucks to be a hardware company one second you're on top of the world then you're selling a commodity and end up like RIM or Nokia.

Apple hasn't brought anything innovative to the market since jobs' death. Most have just been terribly average like the 5se, 6s with the 3dtouch, ipad pro which for some reason is still running on a mobile os totally defeating its purpose. And with the Apple watch and that awful extra battery for the iphone they released 2 products which exemplify the contrast between jobs era apple and the current apple. They need a serious shake up.

They need another product soon. Their stock is dropping, and they may have 'nixed the AppleCar.

Very good NBA starter

iphone users dont seem to get excited with the S-models. they try to milk the shit out of everything too much.

iphone 6 = big hit, helped grab former apple users who switched to android back to apple

iphone 6S = not upgrade-worthy, even iphone fanboys who already got the 6 didnt give a fk

2/3 of their revenue comes from the iphones, so if those aren't going to sell as much, they're in trouble. Maybe an apple oled television will bring some more revenue.

No. But people arent dumb enough to keep buying expensive phones for minimal upgrades....

Well they are. But hopefully some wake up. The reality is the phones would get cheaper and better if we all skipped a few generations forcing them to cut the price or innovate.

I know Apple stans are getting mad....so let me just say Samsung is the same way.

lol apple will be fine. people just like to have options.

Only reason I want an iphone is because of snapchat. Can't do the cool face filters on Android.

And Verizon/Sprint has iphone for life, which (correct me if I'm wrong, heard it from a friend) you pay $20 every month and get to trade in your old phone as soon as a new one is released. Idr if you have to pay an extra $100 dollars when you trade in or not, but look at it this way. New iphone after taxes costs between $800-$850, let's say $825. New iphone is released on average every year. This plan costs $240/year + $100 when trading in, $340 total. So you get a new phone as soon as it's released for cheaper (about $150 less) than it would be to just go and upgrade your phone every 2 years, which is what most people do.

That in itself is a big draw, Samsung should take heed. And idk when they started this, but it could be the very reason why it looks like Apple is selling less. They very well may be selling the same amount of phones, just giving out better deals to draw more people in, thus the slight loss in profit in hopes of reeling in more fish. Sound business plan.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Velocirap31
    2/3 of their revenue comes from the iphones, so if those aren't going to sell as much, they're in trouble. Maybe an apple oled television will bring some more revenue.
    Apple OLED tv??? You know how much they are going to cheap for that??? $$$$$$ IF LG oled are 3-4k for last yr model and 8k for this year model how much will apple charge for theirs?

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    Only reason I want an iphone is because of snapchat. Can't do the cool face filters on Android.

And Verizon/Sprint has iphone for life, which (correct me if I'm wrong, heard it from a friend) you pay $20 every month and get to trade in your old phone as soon as a new one is released. Idr if you have to pay an extra $100 dollars when you trade in or not, but look at it this way. New iphone after taxes costs between $800-$850, let's say $825. New iphone is released on average every year. This plan costs $240/year + $100 when trading in, $340 total. So you get a new phone as soon as it's released for cheaper (about $150 less) than it would be to just go and upgrade your phone every 2 years, which is what most people do.

That in itself is a big draw, Samsung should take heed. And idk when they started this, but it could be the very reason why it looks like Apple is selling less. They very well may be selling the same amount of phones, just giving out better deals to draw more people in, thus the slight loss in profit in hopes of reeling in more fish. Sound business plan.
    2016 and people are still doing 2 year contract.......

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    They need another product soon. Their stock is dropping, and they may have 'nixed the AppleCar.
    Apple iStraw. It digitally enhances water to make it takes like other drinks.

College superstar

Now would be a great time to buy some apple stocks

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    but they can...? I've seen Samsung and HTC (myself) do it. So off to android you go