Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Just remember when comparing Lebron to Jordan

if you understand basketball, youll realize that lebron is the system while jordan is just part. So if lebron is gone, the team crumbles while if jordan is gone, they still perform. But give them time to adjust like miami right now and thats when youll see the real team bran left.

op is fifteen year old euro trash.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    We've never seen how a team would perform without Lebron because each time he jumped ship, half the team ALSO left, or the team had injuries and was past their prime...

2011 Cavs

They didn't just lose Lebron - they lost other 2 starters (Shaq, Mo Williams) and 3 more key players (Varejao, Delonte, Zydrunas) - [COLOR="Navy"]these guys scored a combined 52 ppg, which is more than half the Cavs points[/COLOR].

So it's ludicrous to disregard the 52 ppg of these guys, and act like Lebron's 30 ppg was the difference in 2011..

2015 Heat

In 2014, the Heat's RS record would've placed them at the 4-6 seed out West (3-way tie for the 4-seed).. They were easily the Spurs' worst opponent in those playoffs, since they had a 15-point disadvantage in ORtg against the Spurs (a record), compared to only 3 points, 6 points and 8 points for Mavs, OKC and Blazers, respectively.

Accordingly, the 2014 Heat were a 1st or 2nd Round team out West that fell to a lottery team in 2015 (due to injuries to Bosh/Wade).. The only reason their drop-off seems bigger is because they played in a worst-ever Eastern Conference.

More importantly - Bosh and Wade's prime was over by the time Lebron left - he used up their primes, and then jumped ship like a bitch..

Damn spittin' facts straight into OPs face. Bury him already

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime2001
    Just remember 6/6 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2/6.

GOAT.
    i was about to post this.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    Please tell me more about how great the 99 Bulls were.

Pippen missed 38 games in 1998, and Bulls still won 62 games with Jordan playing in every one of them
    Amazing how haters go on about the 55 win season in 94, and ignore the above. MJ himself I think had an issue with his shooting hand, and was pretty much working with Kukoc and a 37 year old Rodman as his best teammates until Pippen came back.

just remember, OP is a fakkit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
    Amazing how haters go on about the 55 win season in 94, and ignore the above. MJ himself I think had an issue with his shooting hand, and was pretty much working with Kukoc and a 37 year old Rodman as his best teammates until Pippen came back.
    Come on now Pippen still played over half the season. Mj, Pippen, Rodman, and Phil all left. It was pretty much just Kukoc and Harper and basically d-leaguers. Yes the haters go on about the 55 win season too much but those 2 situations aren't comparable.

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AirBonner
    After LeBron left his teams they were lottery teams. After Jordan left they were title contenders.

1999 Bulls - straight lottery

FACT

2003 Wizards - 12 less wins in a sh*tty Eastern Conference.
    Last edited by ballinhun8; 05-06-2016 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT
    Come on now Pippen still played over half the season. Mj, Pippen, Rodman, and Phil all left. It was pretty much just Kukoc and Harper and basically d-leaguers. Yes the haters go on about the 55 win season too much but those 2 situations aren't comparable.

The point I was making was that the Bulls won 62 games with Pippen missing 38 games. MJ also willed the Bulls, on the road, to the championship with Pippen a non-factor due to his injured back.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
    The point I was making was that the Bulls won 62 games with Pippen missing 38 games. MJ also willed the Bulls, on the road, to the championship with Pippen a non-factor due to his injured back.
    I think part of the reason for 62 wins is the league and East was weaker(ik i shouldn't talk with the way the East has looked so far). No offense to Pacers who were great as a team but their talent on paper really isn't really that impressive and they were the best challengers to the Bulls.

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

I think part of the reason for 62 wins is the league and East was weaker(ik i shouldn't talk with the way the East has looked so far). No offense to Pacers who were great as a team but their talent on paper really isn't really that impressive and they were the best challengers to the Bulls.
    62 wins is impressive considering MJ was the one holding the team together through not only Pippen's injury but the overall dislike and distrust between the front office and the players that would have distracted most other teams. Pippen said he wouldn't ever play for the Bulls again during his hiatus. Phil said he was done. The team was old and going for a 3rd straight title with a bullseye on their back.

Add on top of that MJ turned 35 that year carrying such a load after not missing even one game after coming back from retirement in 96. Will to win and even more impressive, will to play.

oh no doubt it was impressive from MJ. I doubt you'll argue 98 was better than any other championship years for MJ which should also put it in some perspective.

NBA rookie of the year Da_Realist's Avatar

oh no doubt it was impressive from MJ. I doubt you'll argue 98 was better than any other championship years for MJ which should also put it in some perspective.
    It depends. In terms of dominance, that is one of the 1st 3peat years. In terms of will to win, it was never more on display than in the 2nd 3peat and especially in 1998.

That wasn't the argument, merely that it was impressive for a 35 year old MJ to hold that team together in-spite of his advancing age, myriad of personnel issues as Da Realist described, and Pippen's absence for 38 games. And, also as stated, his will was never on greater display than it was game 6 of the finals.

Last edited by Disaprine; 05-06-2016 at 11:53 PM.