Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast

Default Re: Tim Duncan is greater than Shaq, and here are the numbers to PROVE it

Quote Originally Posted by WeJustNeedaRing
    Shaq is the most dominate force the league has ever seen. Tim Duncan may be the greatest power foward ever but hes not greater than shaq, why would somebody even bring up this conversation shaq is better and will always be end of discussion.

Local High School Star poeticism707's Avatar

Default Re: Tim Duncan is greater than Shaq, and here are the numbers to PROVE it

Quote Originally Posted by Wuxia
    I don't think thats fair. Duncan shoots a playoff career 70% from the FT line, which is nothing to brag about but its far more spectacular than Shaq's career 50% FT. You can't say that neither guy is efficient so lets throw away those stats. Thats the same difference as comparing an 85% FT shooter to a 65% FT shooter.

I'm a huge Duncan fan but even I think that Shaq has the edge right now as far as career goes, but I have no doubt Duncan will go down as the greater player once his career ends.

I just don't think those numbers represent a jawdropping difference to convince me that Shaq was clearly a greater player based on those numbers. A good arguement for Shaq is he was more dominant in his Peek Prime than Duncan ever was.

Banned

I think if you eliminated the times when poeticism has posted faces, this thread would be 7 pages instead of 13. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Loki
    I think if you eliminated the times when poeticism has posted faces, this thread would be 7 pages instead of 13. :)
    I whole-heartedly disagree, Loki!

I haven't once posted this emoticon::) .

But now, it is somehow appropriate:

:)

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WeJustNeedaRing
    Shaq is the most dominate force the league has ever seen. Tim Duncan may be the greatest power foward ever but hes not greater than shaq, why would somebody even bring up this conversation shaq is better and will always be end of discussion.
    I'm sick of hearing this "Shaq was the most dominate force ever." Wilt Chamberlien was the most dominate to ever play teh game, period.

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
    I'm sick of hearing this "Shaq was the most dominate force ever." Wilt Chamberlien was the most dominate to ever play teh game, period.
    Most dominant force that kept losing and by the time he won, he had to tone down his game and basically... STOP SCORING.

Again, I've said this countless times, stats from those days are too skewed, it means nothing.

Wilt is up there in terms of dominance, but hands down, the single most dominant ever? Not necessarily.

Shaq's 40-20s in the NBA FINALS against modern competition is more impressive than whtaever Wilt's playoff outputs were (which, by the way, were usualy lower than their regular season stats)

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EricForman
    Most dominant force that kept losing and by the time he won, he had to tone down his game and basically... STOP SCORING.

Again, I've said this countless times, stats from those days are too skewed, it means nothing.

Wilt is up there in terms of dominance, but hands down, the single most dominant ever? Not necessarily.

Shaq's 40-20s in the NBA FINALS against modern competition is more impressive than whtaever Wilt's playoff outputs were (which, by the way, were usualy lower than their regular season stats)
    Oh you're right, we must cripple a player due to his stats. Russells 11 rings, pshhh whatever, it was back then right?

Dominant: Providing superior influence, or control. Proving the most prominant/accending.

That describes Wilt better than anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
    Oh you're right, we must cripple a player due to his stats. Russells 11 rings, pshhh whatever, it was back then right?

Dominant: Providing superior influence, or control. Proving the most prominant/accending.

That describes Wilt better than anyone.

Here are Tim Duncan and Shaq's career numbers and accomplishments

Lets take it to the scorecard as it stands right NOW:

titles: Shaq 4, Duncan 3
    finals mvps: Shaq 3, duncan 3
    season mvps: Shaq 1, Duncan 2
    1st team all nba: Shaq 7, Duncan 9
    1st team all defense: Shaq 0, Duncan 7 (Shaq only has 3 2nd team all defense!)
    Shaq career: 25.9ppg, 11.6 rpg, 2.8apg, 2.8bpg
    Duncan Career: 21.8 ppg, 11.9rpg, 3.2apg, 2.4bpg

Now lets discuss the obvious. Shaq has been in the league 5 more years than Duncan, but only has one more title, both even in finals mvps, Duncan with one more season mvp at 2-1. Here is where it gets shocking: Shaq has been in the league over 14+ years, but only 7 first team all nba elections? That a mere 50%! Also, Shaq has never, not even once been voted first team all defense- with only 3, count it 3 total 2ND TEAM all defense selections! Wow! He's a bigger defensive liability than Steve Nash! Even with all this "dominant" scoring, career wise he leads Duncan by only four points in career average! It is obvious that all you who swear by Shaq's dominance have been utterly duped!

Anyone please look at these numbers and prove Shaq is better than Duncan! According to their career numbers and stats, Duncan is already ahead of Shaq, and its not even close! One more title and finals mvp will simply be icing on the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by poeticism707
    [COLOR=SlateGray]Shaq has been in the league 5 more years than Duncan,[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Teal]during which he faced much better competition, not to mention he didn't have an ideal environment to thrive in like Duncan, i.e. an established superstar and an organization with great personnel (scouts, coaches etc..) that made the Spurs such a winning franchise of late.[/COLOR]
    Last edited by sbw19; 05-31-2007 at 05:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sbw19
    [COLOR=Teal]during which he faced much better competition, not to mention he didn't have an ideal environment to thrive in like Duncan, i.e. an established superstar and an organaization with great personnel (scouts, coaches etc..) that made the Spurs such a winning franchise of late.[/COLOR]
    Congradulations! You've just invalidated Magic Johnson and Bill Russel's ENITER CAREER! What has he won, Bob? His own stupidity.