Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star poeticism707's Avatar

Default Re: Tim Duncan is greater than Shaq, and here are the numbers to PROVE it

[QUOTE=D

Default Re: Tim Duncan is greater than Shaq, and here are the numbers to PROVE it

if you wanna talk numbers, have a look at some stats from the playoffs in shaq's dominant laker years

I am DON

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
    But then on the flip side, no one would doubt Tim Duncan if he was a stat whore, and tried to go for glory instead of accept his role. His numbers would be jaw dropping, but thankfully he is team oriented, and only wants to win. So, but I see what you're saying and it's very valid, very valid indeed.
    [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Whats your point? Duncan wasn't a stat whore sure. But your acting like Shaq was. Duncan is great and is very close to Shaq, thats already a great thing[/FONT]

I am DON

Quote Originally Posted by poeticism707
    But Shaq is only 4-6! I guess you forgot to mention that Don? I guess you also forgot That Shaq has been Swept 5 TIMES in the playoffs, most of any player in NBA history? What do you think of that Don?
    That is Dirk vs Warriors times 5!!!
    [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]So what if Shaq has been swept 5 times. A loss is a loss. It doesn't matter if he lost in 7 or 4. The destination is the same, home.[/FONT]

KIWI
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Borat
    poet is an idiot, and here is the thread to PROVE it
    says the guy named Borat

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

What the hell is everyone doing here? There are a few things this guy does that makes it clear neither reality or the opinions of others really is a concern.

For one he said

:

According to their career numbers and stats
    Which(almost) without exception is only said by wrong people.

Secondly he has bumped a topic probably a dozen times often minutes apart just for the sake of having more people see what he had to say. The vast majority of people who do that only do it because the people who read what they say just arent impressed enough to respond.

Third....anyone who is going to judge two guys whos game goes so far beyond numbers and present literally nothing related to what happens on a game to game on the court basis.....just doesnt get basketball.

Once you remove on court play from consideration and rely on award voting(often uneven due to position difference) and stats(never accurate in judging total impact) you clearly care more for being hard to call wrong than being accurate. Because nobody can argue a number. It is what it is. Gives people who dont want to look deeper a way to claim they know what is right and it cant be argued.

Post scoring and impact on defensive gamplanning can be argued. Man to man D can be argued. Passing, intimidation, and stepping up when it matters....they can be argued.

The results of a 10 yearold media poll cant.

So its pointed out over and over and over in an attempt to frame the argument in the way they wish. Because if you make the argument about numbers(as irrelevant as they may be) its a lot easier to say "Look im right!" without needing to know what youre talking about.

They are the arguments that go on forever because you cant really talk about the numbers/awards. You can talk about basketball. But these people dont want to talk basketball because talking basketball can make you look ignorant.

But everyone looks smart when all they talk about are things nobody can argue with.

Is this really new information? Am I really the only one to notice these people?

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

[QUOTE=D

[QUOTE=D

Quote Originally Posted by KIWI
    says the guy named Borat
    hey fool, Borat is an alias that I use occasionally to mock the fools like you on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    What the hell is everyone doing here? There are a few things this guy does that makes it clear neither reality or the opinions of others really is a concern.

For one he said

:

Secondly he has bumped a topic probably a dozen times often minutes apart just for the sake of having more people see what he had to say. The vast majority of people who do that only do it because the people who read what they say just arent impressed enough to respond.

Third....anyone who is going to judge two guys whos game goes so far beyond numbers and present literally nothing related to what happens on a game to game on the court basis.....just doesnt get basketball.

Once you remove on court play from consideration and rely on award voting(often uneven due to position difference) and stats(never accurate in judging total impact) you clearly care more for being hard to call wrong than being accurate. Because nobody can argue a number. It is what it is. Gives people who dont want to look deeper a way to claim they know what is right and it cant be argued.

Post scoring and impact on defensive gamplanning can be argued. Man to man D can be argued. Passing, intimidation, and stepping up when it matters....they can be argued.

So its pointed out over and over and over in an attempt to frame the argument in the way they wish. Because if you make the argument about numbers(as irrelevant as they may be) its a lot easier to say "Look im right!" without needing to know what youre talking about.

They are the arguments that go on forever because you cant really talk about the numbers/awards. You can talk about basketball. But these people dont want to talk basketball because talking basketball can make you look ignorant.

But everyone looks smart when all they talk about are things nobody can argue with.

Is this really new information? Am I really the only one to notice these people?
    That's because most people on ISH and in the world think Shaq is the Hulk, and mentally think Shaq has averaged 50 pts and 50 reb through his career. This just brings everyone back to earth, knowing Shaq has been stepped over in history by TD.

I am DON

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855

For one he said

:

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]
    Numbers/Awards can be good when they are valid. This one isn't valid because there is a reason for it and that is that Shaq was a Center and Duncan was a Foward. So therefore, the awards aren't that valid but you can make adjustments. In many cases though, its ok to use awards as long as they are valid[/FONT]

[QUOTE=D

I am DON

I thought he needed one more title and finals mvp, until I actually compared their careers. Then it was obvious that if Tim Duncan walked away right now in the middle of the playoffs, it wouldn't matter, because he already has passed Shaq.
    [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Like Don said earlier, Don doesn't like stupidity. No one is agreeing with you, even the Spur fans. You want to know why? Because they understand the opposing argument and realize that it is stronger than your argument. You haven't understood yet. The awards advantage of Duncan should not be counted too much because Duncan is a F and Shaq is a C making it tougher for Shaq to get his awards. And since that was your main argument, your done. Shaq has more titles and more NBA Finals and that puts him above Duncan [/FONT]

I am DON

Shaq makes excuses for himself and so does everyone else. According to most, he should have won the MVP 15 years and counting. Also, we're going to throw out awards, then we are only left with titles as the man. Even then, Tim Duncan is on the verge of passing Shaq.
    [FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]According to most Shaq should've won 15 MVPs? Ok kid, your delusional. Show me the most that say that and you win this argument. Otherwise, you are just talking out of your @ss and don't know whats really going on[/FONT]

oh no.. a cartoon is giving me 'the bird'.

go shag a sheep thats wearing a Duncan mask