Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: RickBarry on physicality: "You allow more, you give advantage to less skilled player"

Curry is softer than my Dog's Poop.

Default Re: RickBarry on physicality: "You allow more, you give advantage to less skilled player"

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3l8DIL4pf8&t=1m13s

Rick talking about the difference between regular season and playoffs. Have to agree with him here.. it doesnt make any sense at all that there is such a drastic difference between regular season and playoffs as there is now.

And it does hurt the super skilled guys in favor of thug ball .. I was shocked in second half game 3, Steph Curry took his FIRST free throws of the series. Like.. what in flying fk.. the MVP gets tossed around all game long, and cant even get a bone tossed, no superstar calls nothin. I remeber ten years ago, another super skilled player by the name of Dirk Nowitszki was getting 90+ FTs in a series, not allowed to bump him off ball, couldnt touch his elbow on the shot, you couldnt hit him. Every defender in the playoffs so far has been slapping the shit out of not just steph, but all warriors on their 3's, and its absolutely never called.

part of it is curry's fault for not going 100% when he gets knocked up, and not forcing the refs to blow whistle, but damn, I've never seen an MVP calibre player get less respect from the refs.. absolutely no respect.
    You're an idiot. Dirk banged in the post, he got free throws because he was great at drawing contact, he also played closer to the basket as Steph more often than not is looking for the open 3-point shot.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3l8DIL4pf8&t=1m13s

Rick talking about the difference between regular season and playoffs. Have to agree with him here.. it doesnt make any sense at all that there is such a drastic difference between regular season and playoffs as there is now.

And it does hurt the super skilled guys in favor of thug ball .. I was shocked in second half game 3, Steph Curry took his FIRST free throws of the series. Like.. what in flying fk.. the MVP gets tossed around all game long, and cant even get a bone tossed, no superstar calls nothin. I remeber ten years ago, another super skilled player by the name of Dirk Nowitszki was getting 90+ FTs in a series, not allowed to bump him off ball, couldnt touch his elbow on the shot, you couldnt hit him. Every defender in the playoffs so far has been slapping the shit out of not just steph, but all warriors on their 3's, and its absolutely never called.

part of it is curry's fault for not going 100% when he gets knocked up, and not forcing the refs to blow whistle, but damn, I've never seen an MVP calibre player get less respect from the refs.. absolutely no respect.
    Since when was the point of all this to reward pure skill and to not reward athleticism?

If that was the case they would make the basket 15 feet high. That way, no one could dunk or do acrobatic lay-ups, and athletic above-the-rim players wouldn't have that same advantage anymore.

Basketball is a sport that involves athleticism. This isn't golf.

Decent college freshman theaussieguy's Avatar

finally someone with a decent bball brain, good thing is Curry is just playing injured and when hes 100% he is one of the strongest guards in the league, aint noone bullying him

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    You're an idiot. Dirk banged in the post, he got free throws because he was great at drawing contact, he also played closer to the basket as Steph more often than not is looking for the open 3-point shot.

I've probably seen more of dirk than you.. that still doesnt explain why two jumpshooters could have such a disparity. Curry is smaller so it's magnified but the guy literally gets no calls out there.

You said after one game steph curry cant be compared to the GOATs anymore lmao, obviously grouping kobe in there w/ MJ or whatever, but there should be a lot of curry's career left win or lose this series. Can we say right after kobe has a few atrocious games in 2004 that Kobe could no longer be compared among the GOATs? Do you see how your exact same hating was done on Kobe back then? you make little sense dude. Unless Curry pulls a nick anderson and dissapears from basketball he's going to be mentioned among the GOATs.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

There, there little ones. There's a game called golf that you may be more suited for.

"3 is greater than 2" CuterThanRubio's Avatar

Completely agree

If you have to grab to guard you aren't a good defender, and pushing off on offense is a sign of the inability to create space.

Hand checking = jersey holding when you get crossed = extra chance to impede progress after you already got beat = cheap advantage

Maybe handchecking should be allowed inside of the arc or something like that, but a single forearm should be enough, the game is about quickness and anticipation not bulldozer bully ball.

Offensive players should not be rewarded for initiating unnecessary contact either, falling on threes should be a turnover.

Most of the people who like watching that sort of thug ball where they attack players to supplement lack of skill tend to suck at basketball themselves

Local High School Star LakersForlife's Avatar

ofcourse rick is right... like bran with 0 talent and NBA doesnt call travel on him..his best move is straight line drive ffs..biggest bogus in the NBA

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Do you smell that? I can smell it.

I smell PU[COLOR="Black"]SS[/COLOR]Y!