Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default how do you deal with your Ex living a better life than you?

its been 3 years since she broke up with me. i have my own business and i make descent money, but my ex is finishing college this month and she will be a pharmacist making more money than me. ive been getting beat up since the break up and now this? how do i deal with it. btw im sure she is still with the guy she left me for and i still dont have a real gf.

Thread abuser

Default Re: how do you deal with your Ex living a better life than you?

Steal her sneakers and throw them in the late. That'll teach her.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    its been 3 years since she broke up with me. i have my own business and i make descent money, but my ex is finishing college this month and she will be a pharmacist making more money than me. ive been getting beat up since the break up and now this? how do i deal with it. btw im sure she is still with the guy she left me for and i still dont have a real gf.
    3 years WTF man get over it what have you been doing for 3 years,,, shiiitt

Local High School Star PHX_Phan's Avatar

...Forget about her and be positive about your own life? It's never too late for change and as long as you're happy, who tf cares what shes doing.

Who cares? It has absolutely nothing to do with you. you are right, you are losing but not for the reason you think, you are losing because you are measuring yourself vs. her in the way you are.

Da Mavs

Three years is a long time man, but understandable.

What is the nature of your communication with her? Facebook friends? Text? Mutual friends? Live in same area?

It seems like it was a bad break up so I'd say that the first thing to do is to cut all connections with her. Defriend on facebook, don't respond to any texts, don't talk to others about her, etc.

If you don't know what she's doing then you can't be jealous or always be thinking about how you're not doing enough.

Block her out and then go do what you like. Hook up with some girls, date around, or just be yourself.

ISH' Muslim Community LEFT4DEAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    Three years is a long time man, but understandable.

What is the nature of your communication with her? Facebook friends? Text? Mutual friends? Live in same area?

It seems like it was a bad break up so I'd say that the first thing to do is to cut all connections with her. Defriend on facebook, don't respond to any texts, don't talk to others about her, etc.

If you don't know what she's doing then you can't be jealous or always be thinking about how you're not doing enough.

Block her out and then go do what you like. Hook up with some girls, date around, or just be yourself.
    That right there is the key for OP.

You should kill her.

You take the high road. You congratulate her and move the heck on. And I thought I had it bad....three years without a gf? Come on, bro get it together.

3 years really isn't that long to still care about an ex. And it's really not that long to go without a gf either. Some people aren't into exclusive monogamous romantic relationships. Like me for one.

You should.. try to stop measuring yourself against her. Measure yourself against yourself. Money doesn't mean everything, it's all about the "quan." Watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0fizqifumk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by joe
    3 years really isn't that long to still care about an ex. And it's really not that long to go without a gf either. Some people aren't into exclusive monogamous romantic relationships. Like me for one.

You should.. try to stop measuring yourself against her. Measure yourself against yourself. Money doesn't mean everything, it's all about the "quan." Watch this video:

3 years is way too long, get over it and move on. 3 years, holy christ.

Earned not given

Quote Originally Posted by joe

Are you serious? Unless you were married for over 5 years, 3 years and still caring about an ex means you're a bitch and can't move the f*ck on and/or have no game whatsoever.

Clutchbrook Activated WWRWestbrookDo?'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    it's been 3 years get over it.

and stop worrying about what she's doing or your gonna end up killin yourself

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one6
    Are you serious? Unless you were married for over 5 years, 3 years and still caring about an ex means you're a bitch and can't move the f*ck on and/or have no game whatsoever.
    No it doesn't, people probably just aren't honest to you about it because of how much of a cool guy front you put on. I've talked to a lot of people in honest moments and they've told me they still have feelings about their ex from over 3 years ago. It's really not uncommon at all.

I had a friend in high school who everyone was scared of, tough dude, eventually became a hard drug dealer and our friendship faded. And even he told me that he still thinks about this girl he was in love with in high school. And wishes things turned out different between them. This was 7-8 years later.