Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Decent college freshman

Default D-Wade addresses '06 Finals controversy on IG

https://www.instagram.com/p/BG4pbnol...-by=dwyanewade

Quote Originally Posted by dwyanewade
    There's alot of coverage on the 2006 NBA Finals right now...One because it was the most controversial finals to date and today makes exactly 10 years to the date we won our first ever title as an organization and me as a player. It was one of the greatest moments in my life and probably one of the worst for the Dallas Mavericks. That's sports... we've all had our moments to feel both ways. Now what I'm reading about the series is unfair to me as a basketball player. Did I get some calls that I could have played through YES. We all do...but was I attacking every time I touch the ball...YES. This picture is an example of a play in game 5 that everyone said I didn't get fouled on. Listen most athlete have never committed a foul but D Harris my guy...this is a foul haa. All in all we did find a way to beat a team that was a much better team then us that season...but they got their payback in 2011 as a franchise so in my mind it's a wash..but iam proud to take a look back at these moments and say I had a hand in us winning our first ever championship. #2006

Default Re: D-Wade addresses '06 Finals controversy on IG

reasonable as hell didnt expect that, props d-wade

still rigged though

Good college starter

Wasnt rigged. If it was why did the refs give Dirk a chance to choke on some free throws?

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Simmons
    Wasnt rigged. If it was why did the refs give Dirk a chance to choke on some free throws?
    Why let Miami go down 0-2 and 13 with 6:30 left in Game 3?

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Flash

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    still rigged though

So rigged they let Miami go down 0-2 and down 13 with 6:30 left in Game 3.

Wade always keeps it real, respect.

Serious playground baller 1Time4YourMind's Avatar

If you're gonna drive to the rim and attack the basket, you're gonna get calls. Combine that with NBA refs still adjusting to the new rule changes, Wade's skillset and you have the perfect storm in place which was the '06 Finals.

Rigged just like the series between Kings and Lakers back in 2001.

Funny how people cry about it being rigged yet only come up with a few phantom calls out of all the fouls Wade drew. Nobody on that Mavs team could check Wade and he got to the basket AT WILL.

DWYANE " LEGEND " WADE

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by LikeABosh
    Funny how people cry about it being rigged yet only come up with a few phantom calls out of all the fouls Wade drew. Nobody on that Mavs team could check Wade and he got to the basket AT WILL.
    Mavs and Dirk fans are even worse complaining about Free Throws considering all the FTs Dirk was shooting and he never attacked the basket like Wade did.

I agree with Wade here.

I've analyzed the game and calls several times. Wade was going full speed and was beating people into position every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade's Rings
    Mavs and Dirk fans are even worse complaining about Free Throws considering all the FTs Dirk was shooting and he never attacked the basket like Wade did.
    And despite how incredible he was from the line, that huge missed free throw in Game 3 by Dirk was quite possibly the biggest turning point of that series.

Wade was a monster that series no matter what anyone wants to say. Incredible.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ScalsFan21
    And despite how incredible he was from the line, that huge missed free throw in Game 3 by Dirk was quite possibly the biggest turning point of that series.

Wade was a monster that series no matter what anyone wants to say. Incredible.
    That ft was just to potentially send it to OT. The Mavs would have had to survive a Heat buzzer beater and OT to win that game. Of course it was a big miss, but it's not like the Mavs win for sure if he makes it.

That series was not rigged. It was simply a combination of terrible reffing, stupid and extreme rules on the perimeter, Wade being an all time great, Avery Johnson being a bad head coach, and most importantly...an overachieving Mavs team crashing back to reality against a great team.

Also, the actually turning point of that series was when Stackhouse got suspended. I'd bet a large amount of money that the Mavs win game 5 with him. Losing him was huge. He was playing around 30 minutes a game in that series.

Also, the Mavs mentally fell apart after game 5...that isn't on anyone but them. I can't imagine how frustrating that game that suspension plus that absurdity that was game 5 was for them, but they came back to Dallas done. Championship teams don't come back home done...

So, no, it wasn't rigged and Wade deserves loads of credit for being all time great. The truth is in the middle...terrible reffing...especially in the deciding game 5...stupid rules...which the NBA has fixed in many ways...a silly suspension....and a mentally done team coming back home.