Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Hillary Clinton speaking out against gay marriage in 2004

"I believe marriage is not just a bond but a sacred bond between a man and a woman. I have had occasion in my life to defend marriage, to stand up for marriage, to believe in the hard work and challenge of marriage. So I take umbrage at anyone who might suggest that those of us who worry about amending the Constitution are less committed to the sanctity of marriage, or to the fundamental bedrock principle that it exists between a man and a woman, going back into the midst of history as one of the founding, foundational institutions of history and humanity and civilization, and that its primary, principal role during those millennia has been the raising and socializing of children for the society into which they are to become adults."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I1-r1YgK9I

NBA Legend

Default Re: Hillary Clinton speaking out against gay marriage in 2004

People conveniently sweep under the rug that Barry was also unwilling to give the gay lobby any acknowledgement when he was running for his first term and for the early portion of that term.

But the thing is, it became clear that his party base's BIGGEST concerns, their most PRIMARY PRIORITIES - were things like gays being allowed to be gay in the military, gay people getting married, gay history taught in school, etc.

Because that other complex stuff about foreign relations and economic dynamics... Too complicated. Everyday libs don't wanna think about any of that. They have gay friends, they want gay rights, and if Democrats will GIVE THEM THAT... they've got a blank check from their constituents for extending the Bush tax cuts, drone strikes, deficits, spying, etc. etc.

It was an incredible opportunity, and the Democratic party opportunistically seized it.

People do change their mind...Only stubborn, ignorant people can't have an opinion change over a long period of time being exposed to ideas that weren't as common in their day.

My dad told me that if a kid admitted he was gay at my old highdchool, the one she went ti aswell, they would of beat him until he left...But he thinks that's disgusting now

Maybe they changed their opinions for votes, or maybe they actually had a change of thinking. Or hell, both. Either way it's going in the right direction. The "sanctity" of marriage is a bunch of bullshit. There is likely no god, we will die and there will probably be nothing. Good for them for no longer giving a crap who people choose to love with the short amount of time we have

If you want to point out flip flopping for votes, this isn't the issue to bring up
    Last edited by jongib369; 12-17-2015 at 03:56 PM.

Opinions change.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jongib369
    People do change their mind...Only stubborn, ignorant people can't have an opinion change over a long period of time being exposed to ideas that weren't as common in their day.

My dad told me that if a kid admitted he was gay at my old highdchool, the one she went ti aswell, they would of beat him until he left...But he thinks that's disgusting now

Maybe they changed their opinions for votes, or maybe they actually had a change of thinking. Either way it's going in the right direction. The "sanctity" of marriage is a bunch of bullshit. There is likely no god, we will die and there will probably be nothing. Good for them for no longer giving a crap who people choose to love with the short amount of time we have

If you want to point out flop flopping for votes, this isn't the issue to bring up
    It's actually the exact definition of flip-flopping for votes.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Opinions change.
    Wonder if any of these libcucks would be saying this about Cruz, Rubio or Trump if they said shit like this in 2004

NBA Legend

Republicans of course did their part in making it a national issue on the big stage, so that all the people from all across the land were debating whether the federal government should mandate gay marriage rights etc.

The simple, constitutional solution would be to leave it up to the states. If politicians governed with real political ethics, both sides would have simply said "Look, it's a state issue. We're staying out."

Just like they should do with marijuana. And abortion. Etc.

But then how will the average everyday sheep on a message board participate in the national conversation?

Thinking about the complicated important issues and giving an introspective and well-reasoned opinion about it?

Last edited by Akrazotile; 12-17-2015 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    It's actually the exact definition of flip-flopping for votes.
    But it was a change in the right direction, who ****ing cares. Bring up other flip flopping examples....Bringing this one up is just silly IMO.

You'd be the guy in the 50's bitching about a politician changing his mind about segregation instead of other important topics. Kinda....weird

NBA Legend

Maybe they changed their opinions for votes, or maybe they actually had a change of thinking. Or hell, both. Either way it's going in the right direction. The "sanctity" of marriage is a bunch of bullshit. There is likely no god, we will die and there will probably be nothing. Good for them for no longer giving a crap who people choose to love with the short amount of time we have

Bro, she didn't care about it being a 'sacred bond' the first time, and she doesn't care about it being 'a right for all people' now.

It's called pandering. She doesn't give a shit about marriage one way or another. She's trying to get elected.

Banned

But it was a change in the right direction, who ****ing cares. Bring up other flip flopping examples....Bringing this one up is just silly IMO.

You'd be the guy in the 50's bitching about a politician changing his mind about segregation instead of other important topics. Kinda....weird
    Wrong. I'd be the guy who wants someone in power who was speaking out against segregation from the very beginning.

Not someone who only started speaking out against segregation when they realized it was a trendy thing to do and would get them more votes.

NBA Legend

With all due respect: You're so incredibly stupid you shouldn't be allowed to breathe.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    With all due respect: You're so incredibly stupid you shouldn't be allowed to breathe.
    It's a completely valid point, you'll have to try harder to rustle my jimmies. Go the the go fund me topic, it's easier to rustle them about my girl

Wrong. I'd be the guy who wants someone in power who was speaking out against segregation from the very beginning.

Not someone who only started speaking out against segregation when they realized it was a trendy thing to do and would get them more votes.
    You live in a fantasy land my friend. People can change their mind after being wrong. Sure it'd be better If they held the opinion in the first place. But a change in the right direction is fine

This likely stems from an inflated self ego where you think your opinions now are so sound, you'll always stick to them. And you might, which is sad

Banned

It's a completely valid point, you'll have to try harder to rustle my jimmies. Go the the go fund me topic, it's easier to rustle them about my girl

Please become a fireman. That way your retardation won't matter, and you'll atleast spend your life helping society.

Good luck becoming a fireman. I hope it works out for you. Because god knows you aren't capable of benefiting society in any other way.

Please become a fireman. That way your retardation won't matter, and you'll atleast spend your life helping society.

Good luck becoming a fireman. I hope it works out for you. Because god knows you aren't capable of benefiting society in any other way.
    This shithead

Becoming a fireman and/or EMT takes hard work. A lot of schooling and training. lol at acting like he's working at Mcdonalds.