Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: 30/11/9/2.3/2.6 on 49%

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
    You're making me do this bro. Prepare to have your reality obliterated.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/gamelo...6/lebron-james

Local High School Star

Honestly, LeBron had an incredible finals. But he also had a pretty subpar 3 games. He had two historically great games (5&6) one very good game (Game 3) and one not-so-great/but context makes it great game (Game 7).

MJ's best finals were probably better (first 3) but man, LeBron showed us that he should be considered the best player in the league until he retires. He's even better than we thought, which is actually insane. He's arguably the league's best athlete too at age 31. How? what a ridiculous talent. Literally unbelievable.

Say what you want about accolades and legacies, but really, if there was a draft of all time greats, I'd MAYBE only take MJ or Kareem in front of LeBron. He's a guard that can defend big men and score like the greatest wing ever. LeBron being in your top should be definite, but to me there's no doubt he's technically about as impactful as any player ever -- maybe save michael jordan.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CTbasketball92

Lebron is a guard that can defend big men [COLOR="Red"]and score like the greatest wing ever. [/COLOR]
    That's an insult to Jordan's scoring ability.. No all-time great led their team in scoring for every playoff series of their, let alone by an average margin of 15.4 ppg like Jordan.. Lebron has many series where he wasn't his team's leading scorer, including an entire playoff run..

Jordan averaged nearly 6 more points in the playoffs with better efficiency across the board (ts, fg, ortg), and only 1 less assist.. Jordan's massive scoring and efficiency edge requires more energy and controls the game better than Lebron's 2.5 defensive rebound edge and 1.0 assist edge.

I don't care what you say, that's the GOAT statline vs the GOAT team.

That player must be the GOAT!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by riseagainst

I don't care what you say, that's the GOAT statline vs the GOAT team.

That player must be the GOAT!
    Lebron only scored 2 ppg more than Kyrie.

Otoh, when Jordan averaged 35/7/7 in 1985-1993 playoffs, or 36/7/8 in 1991-1993 Finals, that was 15-25 ppg more than his 2nd option - so he succeeded with much less help.

To summarize, Jordan has many series where he dominated to the same or greater extent, and his overall body of work destroys Lebron's - Lebron has half the rings and half the fmvp's, so he needs to literally redo his entire career to match Jordan's individual and team playoff accomplishments.