Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Re: I worry that Lebron will get figured out again like 2014

Quote Originally Posted by LikeABosh

He didn't get "figured out".
    He did - the Spurs were 'on' to his efficiency preservation, shot-restricting strategy - they knew he would only take 17 shots per game like he did all year and therefore wasn't a threat for a big game - so they played him single-coverage and stayed at home on teammates to shut them down.

It isn't coincidence that Lebron had a couple good efficiency years in Miami, before his efficiency preservation strategy got blown up in 2014, and now he could care less how often he shoots and what his efficiency is (he literally doubled his shot attempts in 2015 Finals).

Btw, don't give me nonsense about how no one else could've done more.. In 23 out of the 26 years since 1991, the team leader in shot attempts on the Finals-winning team took more than 25.56% of the team's shots - so the load Lebron undertook on in 2014 Finals (25.56% of his team's shots) was not a large load, and the notion that he couldn't have done more, or no one else WOULD have done more, is wrong - 23 out of the last 26 did more..

Great college starter Quickening's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    Kyrie's performance was so extraordinary for a 2nd option, that I made a thread about it and pointed out how much better he played than Pippen ever did.

But Lebron mostly makes star teammates worse in the playoffs: Dwayne Wade, Chris Bosh, Mo Williams, and Kevin Love - that's 4 all-stars - they all played worse with Lebron in the playoffs - so yeah, that's threadworthy too
    As soon as MJ quit the 1st time in 94......Horace Grant and BJ Armstrong made their only all-star team. Pippen elected 1st team All-NBA for the first time also.

Clearly played better w/o MJ.....

lebron is going to 3-peat and surpass jordan all time, no matter how much u meltdown it's gonna happen, so calm down.

and curry/gsw are going to suck from here on out. it's going to be lebron vs durant rematch next year finals.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by inclinerator
    op would be making the same threads about curry if he would have won

brutal...

Its quite possible, he's no 100% finals win Jordan.

As he's averaging below 50% finals wins, the odds are against him winning next year.

As he plays in the East though and has a cake walk, it does help his chances that little bit.

Local High School Star Tmuston Beltics's Avatar

You don't worry about it, you hope it happens..

Quote Originally Posted by Kawhi m8
    Its quite possible, he's no 100% finals win Jordan.

As he's averaging below 50% finals wins, the odds are against him winning next year.

As he plays in the East though and has a cake walk, it does help his chances that little bit.
    so you're saying lebron is going to be the underdog for a 5th straight year?? breaking records again!