Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Default Re: 2016 Finals Win Completely Discredits Warriors' *15 Title

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Easy to see Cleveland would had won that series with Irving playing. And anything from Love would had been gravy. Warriors were way better this season, and they still lost. Not hard to see Cleveland should be celebrating back-to-back titles if they weren't relying on a backup PG to produce like a #2. The Warriors 15 title is biggest asterisk title of all-time. Just an all-out epic joke. What makes it even sadder is the league MVP getting outplayed by role players in the last two Finals. PATHETIC.
    Never thought of it that way.

War's best player =
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7MSh8zPpv8

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    So much BS in Hobbs' post.

#1. TT was playing ~27 minutes a game before G5.
    #2. With Bogut out, TT grabbed only 3 rebounds in G7, while playing 32 minutes.
    #3. TT was averaging nearly 10 RPG in the first 4 games and averaged ~11 RPG in the following 3 games. ~1.5 increase in RPG, with an increase of ~12 minutes of playing time.
    #4. Bogut was playing a negligible ~10 minutes a game and was a blackhole on offense.

Yeah, even with a healthy Bogut, the Cavs weren't losing. The Cavs also do not win without Love. Love was more important to the Cavs than Bogut was to the Warriors. The Warriors could've still won, if it wasn't for Ezeli's foul, Curry's retarded behind the back pass, and a plethora of bricks in the clutch in G7. Again, WITHOUT Bogut. The Cavs don't

Even if we exclude the game in which Bogut was injured, dude was averaging 3 rebounds a game. Now we're acting like he was a rebounding monster? Laughable. Also, Warriors got out rebounded in Games 1 & 3. WITH a HEALTHY Bogut. Funny how you forgot to mention that part.

Bogut missed 11 games in the RS and the Warriors went 11-1 in those games. The one loss coming against the Spurs, in a game in which Curry and Klay played like dog shit. Bogut was also a net negative in games 1, 3, 4, and 5. His minutes also fell significantly in the Finals. He played more minutes in the first 3 rounds in the WC.

If we go back to the previous season, Bogut BARELY played in the '15 Finals. The Cavs were crushing the Warriors with Bogut in the lineup and it pretty much reversed, when he was done.

So yeah, the Warriors small ball lineup >> their lineup with Bogut in it. Bogut's injury wasn't the reason Warriors lost.
    Yet TT had 16 rebounds during game 6 (one game after Bogut’s injury).

I didn’t say Bogut was a rebounding monster -- he was a crucial rim protector and shot-blocker for GS. Just look back at the OKC series and you’ll see how instrumental he was. He was largely benched, however, due to being in constant foul trouble and hacking being a big concern during the 4th quarter for the Dubs.

Bogut was a net negative overall because, again, Curry and Thompson had gone bizarrely cold on shooting throughout the series. He also played limited minutes in games 1 & 2 because GS’s bench was for some reason performing much better than their small ball death squad and as such Kerr didn't have any need to put him on the floor.

GS was out-rebounded in those games, yes, but that doesn’t negate the fact that Bogut was a crucial piece to their defense.

It is so true. I was thinking about that yesterday, that if any championship teams deserves an asterisk it's the 2015 Warriors. Forget just about the Finals, every one of their series was against teams that were severely handicapped due to injury.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbs
    Yet TT had 16 rebounds during game 6 (one game after Bogut’s injury).

I didn’t say Bogut was a rebounding monster -- he was a crucial rim protector and shot-blocker for GS. Just look back at the OKC series and you’ll see how instrumental he was. He was largely benched, however, due to being in constant foul trouble and hacking being a big concern during the 4th quarter for the Dubs.

Bogut was a net negative overall because, again, Curry and Thompson had gone bizarrely cold on shooting throughout the series. He also played limited minutes in games 1 & 2 because GS’s bench was for some reason performing much better than their small ball death squad and as such Kerr didn't have any need to put him on the floor.

GS was out-rebounded in those games, yes, but that doesn’t negate the fact that Bogut was a crucial piece to their defense.
    War's don't care about rebounds, they are happy in bounding the ball and throwing it up from 1/2 court. For them to start playing conventional , would be beyond Kerr's demeanor.

How many teams go on a 1 on 4 and throw up a 3 pointer like War's ????
    NONE

[QUOTE=Hobbs]Yet TT had 16 rebounds during game 6 (one game after Bogut

He also had a 13 rebound game WITH Bogut and a 3 rebound game WITHOUT Bogut (which happened to be Game 7).

Isn't that what I said? Bogut played nearly 20 minutes a game against the Thunder and ~12 minutes a game against the Cavs. Dude averaged 1 block a game against the Thunder and 2 a game agains the Cavs (which included and outlier G2). You yourself are claiming that he was a liability in the 4th and was often benched. How could he have done any "damage" sitting on the bench?

Curry and Thompson went ape shit in G4 and Bogut has a +/- of 0. The worst on the team from anyone who played over 5 minutes a game.

Yeah, he sure was. Dude was shutting down teams with his mammoth 10 minutes of defense a game.

Since you missed this part from my previous post:

If we go back to the previous season, Bogut BARELY played in the '15 Finals. The Cavs were crushing the Warriors with Bogut in the lineup and it pretty much reversed, when he was done.

The Cavs win even if Bogut played 10 minutes in games 6 & 7. But yeah, if you want to believe that Bogut, a player who was a net negative, was the reason why the Warriors lost, be my guest.

Dude.
    Please.
    Give up.

If it was Barnes who got hurt, they would've sworn that without him the death lineup was defunct and they couldn't win without his proper stretching of the floor, and might even cite his uber defense on LBJ.

And if it was Livingston who was hurt they would say that the lack of depth in the bench made them lost and point to Livingston scoring so much in the start of the series.

Give up man.

Dunking on everybody in the park BedroomBully's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kawhi m8

What ever happened to this low life?

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    It is so true. I was thinking about that yesterday, that if any championship teams deserves an asterisk it's the 2015 Warriors. Forget just about the Finals, every one of their series was against teams that were severely handicapped due to injury.
    Easily. Kyrie fractured his knee right before, or very early in OT of game 1. A game Cleveland easily could've won. Especially if LeBron had properly closed, or if Kyrie could've done it for him in OT.

And the Cavs still almost won game 5 on the road as well. No Kyrie. No Love.

This wasn't a banged up Iggy. Or MIA Bogut for 2 games. Or even an earned one game suspension from that moron Draymond. Cleveland didn't have their 2nd and 3rd best player on the floor for basically the whole series.

Warrior bandwagon fans need to let that set in at some point. Especially for their weak excuse making of this year's Finals.

Saw a basketball once

He also had a 13 rebound game WITH Bogut and a 3 rebound game WITHOUT Bogut (which happened to be Game 7).

Isn't that what I said? Bogut played nearly 20 minutes a game against the Thunder and ~12 minutes a game against the Cavs. Dude averaged 1 block a game against the Thunder and 2 a game agains the Cavs (which included and outlier G2). You yourself are claiming that he was a liability in the 4th and was often benched. How could he have done any "damage" sitting on the bench?

Curry and Thompson went ape shit in G4 and Bogut has a +/- of 0. The worst on the team from anyone who played over 5 minutes a game.

Yeah, he sure was. Dude was shutting down teams with his mammoth 10 minutes of defense a game.

Since you missed this part from my previous post:

The Cavs win even if Bogut played 10 minutes in games 6 & 7. But yeah, if you want to believe that Bogut, a player who was a net negative, was the reason why the Warriors lost, be my guest.
    I didn’t comment on it because I didn’t see last year’s finals, but from what I’ve read, GS’s difficulty during the 2015 finals didn’t have anything to do with Bogut. What I did see, however, was GS vs. OKC and how Bogut was instrumental to GS’s victory.

OKC’s bigs literally played hog rebound whenever he wasn’t on the floor and without him, GS would not have won, so let’s not exaggerate and make it seem like GS didn't have any use for him (even against the Cavs), when they clearly did.

He was a potential liability during the 4th, but he “held down the fort”, so to speak, prior to being benched against OKC with his rim protecting and shot blocking. I rewatched games 5 & 6 of the finals and noticed GS had considerable difficulty with rim protection, shot blocking, and rebounds after Bogut’s injury.

I won’t refute the rest of your arguments because I agree with them, but you don’t think Bogut’s presence would have made at least A LITTLE bit of difference? GS had definite problems with rim protection during game 7. Ezeli and Varejao were all they had and they were terrible, particularly Varejao.

I definitely think he would have made a considerable difference over those two had he played in game 7. At the very least, he would not have been pump faked.

2014 Finals Win Completely Discredits Heat's *13 Title

Easy to see Spurs would had won that series with Mills playing.

Not hard to see San Antonio should be celebrating back-to-back titles if they weren't relying on a third string PG to produce like a back up point.

The Heat 13 title is biggest asterisk title of all-time. Just an all-out epic joke.

[COLOR="White"]trololol[/COLOR]