Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: If LeBron shoots 34% from 3 for his career and Kobe shot 33%...

I remember when I had a synergy account I've looked through Kobe shooting from 3 wide open or with late defense and the percentages were always 40+
    He's a marksman when he's taking good 3pt shots, but with the attention he's gotten defensively throughout the years that isn't a very common thing.
    It's hard to maintain a very high percentage from anywhere when your main role offensively is to bail out the team when the triangle doesn't work

Local High School Star lakerspng's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Kobe is definitely a better shooter than LeBron, but FTs don't necessarily prove much. John Wall is a better FT shooter than JR Smith for instance
    They kind of do though. All the best % FT shooters in history are also the best 3pt shooters aren't they? I would say it doesn't have complete bearing on a player's ability during a game to be effective, because there are so many other factors, but it does show who is simply; a better shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by 34-24 Footwork
    You realize that the Kobe from 2001 is MILES different than the Kobe you saw growing up, correct?
    You used Kobe from 00-07 to make your argument. 01 falls in that time period

I rule the local playground Klay 3D's Avatar

Kobe is a dunk champ. Please don't bring Lebron up in the same sentence as the black mamba.

Quote Originally Posted by 34-24 Footwork
    So far, no one in this thread has seen kobe play from 2000-2007....which has been confirmed numerous times.

"People didn't respect Kobe's Driving ability"

"Kobe can't get the looks and opportunities that Lebron gets"

"Kobe and Lebron are pretty much neck and neck from beyond the arc"

I mean....how aren't these replies considered as troll bait??

I'll leave you guys with this:

1 guy scored more points in 3 quarters than the other guy scored in his entire career.
    If you think a defender is as scared to leave LeBron open as they are to leave Kobe open, you're delusional.

If you think a defender is as scared as Kobe driving to the basket on them as LeBron, you're delusional.

I'm giving both great players props, why can't you admit the strengths and weaknesses of both players?

Let's Talks Numbers 34-24 Footwork's Avatar

You used Kobe from 00-07 to make your argument. 01 falls in that time period
    If you didn't see him play and haven't even bothered to watch FULL games from that Lakers era, just don't comment.

Kobe was a better slasher than Lebron, a forceful finisher and a 2 footed jumper.

He used his jumper to keep the defense from collapsing too much on Shaq and to stretch out the defense.

Let's Talks Numbers 34-24 Footwork's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MP.Trey
    If you think a defender is as scared to leave LeBron open as they are to leave Kobe open, you're delusional.

If you think a defender is as scared as Kobe driving to the basket on them as LeBron, you're delusional.

I'm giving both great players props, why can't you admit the strengths and weaknesses of both players?
    Once again...which Kobe are you talking about? If you're talking about 2008-Retirebe, then I agree with you 10000%

If you're legitimately trying to convince me that defenses werent worried about Kobe driving to the bucket from 2000-2006 as much as Bron, then you, my friend, are delusional.

Bron is one of the best slashers and drivers I've ever seen, by the way.

Lol @ getting to the basket being a weakness for Frobe

Entity of Existence Living Being's Avatar

FT:

Kobe: 83.7%
    LeBron: 74.4%

Local High School Star lakerspng's Avatar

Kobe did not have a weakness shooting or slashing, he had no holes in his game on offense and that's why he was so hard to guard and why teams were petrified when they played him. His first step was lightning and his body coordination on par with anyone, and he had no fear of attacking any player on the floor and it made his drive deadly... his only weakness on offense that they could exploit was his inability to believe anyone could stop him, even double or triple teams. Kobe did make spectacular plays setting up teammates for easy shots throughout his career and was an incredible playmaker but he definitely looked to how he could score first.

LeBron is nearly impossible to stop going to the basket and his ability to find open guys and his willingness and ability to make pin-point accurate passes make him likewise an incredibly deadly player, his only weakness is his shooting touch from outside 15 feet and even though he can hit shots, of all his skills it's the only one you can really exploit.

Both players are so damn gifted and have achieved so much, it's just so f'n lame when people troll on them.

younger Kobe might be comparable slashing wise but half of how well you score in the paint is your finishing ability. Kobe was pretty good at finishing but Lebron's one of the best all time at that.

Kobe took like SICK fadeaway threes though.

So Kobe was a better slasher and shooter? How the hell did LeBron still score more then?

So Kobe was a better slasher and shooter? How the hell did LeBron still score more then?
    Did somebody really say that Kobe was in the same league as lebron when it comes to slashing? I doubt anyone said that. That might be the dumbest statement ever made on here

Because Kobe was a better jumpshooter from midrange, long midrange and the FT line. That and dude was better at creating his own shot.

LeBron is clearly the superior player, but lets not get carried away and start posing silly questions. This topic feels troll-ish as f*ck.

Because 1 never dares to take full court shots and gets left wide open all the fking time?

What a shitty thread.