Default Will Durant do what LeBron did?

Win a couple of cheap titles on a stacked team, let OKC rebuild, then return to them as a "man of the people" or some sh it?

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Will Durant do what LeBron did?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic
    Win a couple of cheap titles on a stacked team, let OKC rebuild, then return to them as a "man of the people" or some sh it?

He definitely went to the team that has the overwhelming chance to win a ring. Him signing that 2 year deal with a player option suggests that he plans to leave whether they win or lose.

I honestly don't see him going back to OKC. You can't leave then come back 1 year later. Lebron took 4 years. KD wants to similarly model how Lebron conducts himself so ultimately, I see KD going to DC signing a huge deal and being a Wizard.

Lol. KD is NEVER going back to OKC.

My guess is... He'll try to get a coattail ring in 2017. Whether he does or doesn't, him and Westbrook both go to LAL for the 2017/2018 season.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
    He definitely went to the team that has the overwhelming chance to win a ring. Him signing that 2 year deal with a player option suggests that he plans to leave whether they win or lose.

I honestly don't see him going back to OKC. You can't leave then come back 1 year later. Lebron took 4 years. KD wants to similarly model how Lebron conducts himself so ultimately, I see KD going to DC signing a huge deal and being a Wizard.
    the 2 year deal might be because he wants a bigger deal when the cap goes up again. Really it's an alpha move cuz he might get injured again. But injured KD probably still gets max.

I usually hit open layups

We'll need to wait several years to find out.

No such thing as a cheap title. Even if he is attempting to stack the deck in his favor. It wouldn't be easy to win a title with an All-Star team.

That being said, I don't think Durant will win a title this year (chemistry and hero ball will ruin them in the playoffs). 2018 is possible depending on if they over react and blow it up or not.

Either way, I see him bouncing out of Golden State early if he wins a ring (mission accomplished) though not necessarily to OKC... maybe Washington or Boston or LA or something. If he keeps losing, he'll probably stay with the Dubs knowing they'll be his best chance as long as they have the 3 other all stars on the team.

How was Miami stacked? Take Lebron off of that team and they're barely playoff bound. With Wade on limited minutes, they're lucky to make the playoffs at all.

The Warriors won 73 games and were title favourites, then they added Durant while only losing Bogut and Harrison who weren't crucial pieces.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Velocirap31
    How was Miami stacked? Take Lebron off of that team and they're barely playoff bound. With Wade on limited minutes, they're lucky to make the playoffs at all.

The Warriors won 73 games and were title favourites, then they added Durant while only losing Bogut and Harrison who weren't crucial pieces.
    I do think warriors win if bogut doesn't get injured, against cavs. They got outrebounded horribly.

The Warriors are favorites to win the title with or without Kevin Durant. Just imagine what you would be thinking if LeBron opted out and went to Golden State.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic

Your Boston Celtics revived the Super Teams Era Brah. It's very difficult to win an NBA title just ask KG, Pierce and Allen.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

I love the OP trying to force the narrative of the Heat crushing teams on their way to titles. Miami was largely carried by LeBron the latter half of his 4 year run there

Miami wasn't stacked after the first year with Wade's decline though, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Your Boston Celtics revived the Super Teams Era Brah. It's very difficult to win an NBA title just ask KG, Pierce and Allen.
    Which of those were the free agent signings?

He left that hillbilly town for good.

Now It's rings, $$$, champagne, caviar, the good life bruuuhhhh