Here's my list:

ERIC SPOLESTRA - 2/4 with lbj/past-prime wade/lebron-reduced bosh
    RICK CARLISLE
    DOC RIVERS - 1/2 with injured KG/PP/RA
    TYRONN LUE - won with LBJ/Love/Kyrie [COLOR="Navy"]in first season[/COLOR]
    GREG POPOVICH
    STEVE KERR
    LUKE WALTON
    Last edited by 3ball; 07-14-2016 at 04:29 PM.

Default Re: What current coaches could win 11 rings with MJ/Shaq/Kobe

Phil inherited EVERYTHING he ever earned as a HC. Riley proved in Miami he could build a team from near-scratch. Pop did it. Carlisle was responsible for the growth/molding of several impressive cores including one that Larry Brown took to the promised land.

Phil was that ultimate "psychologist", and sure, no one LeBron ever played under holds a candle to him, but I feel like it's hard to say he's any better than a Carlisle type. Why WOULDN'T Rick Carlisle have achieved the same success or damn close to it if given the absolute peaks of Jordan, Pippen, Shaq and Kobe...

I admit he put those teams over the top and did a great job NOT screwing things up and "managing egos" for what that's worth, but he is definitely the most overrated out of the Mt. Rushmore of HC.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

None. Only the New York Knicks current President could.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb

None. Only the New York Knicks current President could.
    If you think that ^^, then surely you think Lebron needed Lue to win 2016 Finals.. Otherwise, that would be a double standard.

Assuming you don't have a double standard, you're saying coaches are the ones that win the rings, so I guess we have to go by stats to determine the best player.

Lebron's 30/11/9 (2016 Finals) is inferior to Jordan's 36/7/8 (91-93 Finals), since Jordan did it three times as many times, while averaging 16 ppg more than his 2nd option, compared to 2 ppg for Lebron.. Both players led their team in passing, however Jordan did it with half the turnovers, and better per possession and shooting efficiency, hence the better margin of victory (no 7th game).. Jordan also made all the series-altering shots, whereas Kyrie made some for the Cavs.

For their careers, most cumulative stats show Jordan was superior - PER, WS/48, etc

I wonder why Tex never gets mentioned when Jackson's success gets brought up.