Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Re: Based Sheriff David Clarke Sons Don Lemon live on TV. RIP Don Lemon

Quote Originally Posted by Duderonomy
    When a liberal shouts over a conservative without listening to their opinion it's a meltdown but when a conservative does it he is Based and Alpha. . Ok got it

Liberals are idiots with no real opinion whatsoever, so yeah.

Lemon is the Black version of Anderson Cooper so that's why they keep him on air. It's funny, cause Piers Morgan was ousted when he went up against gun owners and the NRA after Sandy Hook. Every guest he brought on made him look foolish. Here was some foreigner trying to tell Americans about their rights and how they should live.

I don't think Lemon will suffer the same fate if he keeps this up. He's Black and if they can him, he'll be marching hand in hand with Sharpton in front of CNN headquarters claiming discrimination.

Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Liberals are idiots with no real opinion whatsoever, so yeah.

Lemon is the Black version of Anderson Cooper so that's why they keep him on air. It's funny, cause Piers Morgan was ousted when he went up against gun owners and the NRA after Sandy Hook. Every guest he brought on made him look foolish. Here was some foreigner trying to tell Americans about their rights and how they should live.

I don't think Lemon will suffer the same fate if he keeps this up. He's Black and if they can him, he'll be marching hand in hand with Sharpton in front of CNN headquarters claiming discrimination.
    Whether you are liberal or conservative but thankful there are two choices for debate there should be more but right now let's stick to two. If you prefer Coke appreciate that there is Pepsi so Coke can keep its flavor as it is. This is how dictorships start. America isn't as far away from that is you may think.

I agree that it is a far fetched kind of thing, right now, in the United States, but Republics are fragile things and what I am 100 percent sure we are witnessing right now is the long slow slide into tyranny. It's the slow erosion of our Republic that I'm concerned about. Like a giant sandcastle slowly beating away by each succeeding ocean wave.

The best example is Rome. It took Rome about 100 to 200 years to transition from a Republic to an Empire. And even the first emperor Augusts did his very best to disguise he was the de facto emperor.

And it's not imagination. There are actual bills being passed, and upheld by the judiciary, which are actually chipping away at Americans' individual rights. One, solid example, is the fact that the Patriot Act is still law and many portions of it have been upheld in the courts.

Shooktards avoiding this thread like ebola

Quote Originally Posted by Duderonomy
    Whether you are liberal or conservative but thankful there are two choices for debate there should be more but right now let's stick to two. If you prefer Coke appreciate that there is Pepsi so Coke can keep its flavor as it is. This is how dictorships start. America isn't as far away from that is you may think.

I agree that it is a far fetched kind of thing, right now, in the United States, but Republics are fragile things and what I am 100 percent sure we are witnessing right now is the long slow slide into tyranny. It's the slow erosion of our Republic that I'm concerned about. Like a giant sandcastle slowly beating away by each succeeding ocean wave.

The best example is Rome. It took Rome about 100 to 200 years to transition from a Republic to an Empire. And even the first emperor Augusts did his very best to disguise he was the de facto emperor.

And it's not imagination. There are actual bills being passed, and upheld by the judiciary, which are actually chipping away at Americans' individual rights. One, solid example, is the fact that the Patriot Act is still law and many portions of it have been upheld in the courts.
    America has long ceased to be a Republic--it is quite clearly a global empire. I don't think you can call it a Republic post 1865, and perhaps even earlier (with aggressive expansion over the continent). Patrick Henry and George Mason and Luther Martin (among others) would've said Americans gave up the dream of Republic for the ambition of Empire when they adopted the second Constitution, and it's hard to say that they were wrong.

Fresh Kid Turned Rotten Lamar Doom's Avatar

I'm glad some of you guys share the same frustrations. I don't feel like it's ever quite as dramatic in my real life conversations but every time I read insidehoops it's as if the pendulum is always swinging (with hostility) to the far edges. Someone says something one way they're called racist and compared to Hitler, someone says something the other way they're a terrorist sympathizer. It's just silly. Most of these BLM kids have been spoon fed this "issue" by the media and they're just looking for a cause, I don't think they're bad people, just an incomplete and potentially detrimental agenda. It's so much bigger than one thing and there are certainly bigger fish to fry. I have no issue with checks and balances for the police, we're trusting them to be armed guardians of our neighborhoods, they do need to be held to a high standard. But this blindly tribalist nonsense perpetuates an unending cycle of mental segregation. I'm not proposing some unrealistic and totally homogenized society where people don't have their own little cultures, but the us vs. them shit is played out. I concede I've lived in major metro cities the last 15 years and my perspective may be slightly skewed. It's gonna be a long, hot summer, stay safe you guys.

Banned

NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

Guy berates Sheriff Clarke on plane for supporting Trump and calling him an Uncle Tom. The sheriff finally gets tired of the guy's antics and pins him down until end of flight, then police haul him away.

http://ijr.com/2016/09/700684-sherif...porting-trump/

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong
    Guy berates Sheriff Clarke on plane for supporting Trump and calling him an Uncle Tom. The sheriff finally gets tired of the guy's antics and pins him down until end of flight, then police haul him away.

http://ijr.com/2016/09/700684-sherif...porting-trump/
    Who the hell gets drunk on a flight from milwaukee to charlotte?