Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Default Re: was Jordan capable of playing

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    No he didn't...it's a myth.
    Magic played all 5 positions at different moments during the season as a rookie, and continued to do so throughout his entire career.

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    That's your interpretation, never did I claim he was better.

I simply posted attributes as to why Magic isn't a horrible defender like some make him out to be. Amongst those attributes are some that he has an advantage over Bron. There are things that Magic does better defensively, and there are others that Bron is better at.

But I never stated Magic was better.

I did however state that Magic is the better offensive player. Aside from 3pt shooting (which wasn't used much at all back then), Magic has more game than Magic.
    Magic isn't even in the same stratosphere as LeBron, when it comes to defense. You might want to watch LeBron from '09, '10, '11 (minus the Finals), '12, and '13.

Also, LeBron is a better scorer than Magic. That's not even up for debate.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo

Magic's defensive assignment was the least offensive player on the floor. That's the polar opposite of James' assignments for most nights.

Magic wouldn't be able to pound the rock for 10-15 seconds with his back to the basket, backing down his defender.

They didn't have the 5 second rule back then which allowed him to do so

Oh my

3-time NBA All-Star

Lebron doesn't play center at an elite level. Even if we want to say he plays every position at a decent level, who cares? So did players like Shawn Marion and Lamar Odom. No one translates that aspect into "greatness" for them.

Magic played all 5 positions at different moments during the season as a rookie, and continued to do so throughout his entire career.
    But you know you were referring to the 1980 Finals, which like I said was a myth.

It's easy to say that _______ played all 5 positions at "different moments" of the game or career.

That's your interpretation, never did I claim he was better.

I simply posted attributes as to why Magic isn't a horrible defender like some make him out to be. Amongst those attributes are some that he has an advantage over Bron. There are things that Magic does better defensively, and there are others that Bron is better at.

But I never stated Magic was better.

I did however state that Magic is the better offensive player. Aside from 3pt shooting (which wasn't used much at all back then), Magic has more game than Magic.
    Too bad that the majority of basketball fans disagree with you and think Magic was a horrific defender. His own coach thought so
    In fact, Riley (coming off the 2006 title with the heat) said "he (Magic) wasn't close to Wade offensively." That's Riley saying Wade is a better offensive player than Magic. Granted that was Wade before his injuries and he didn't sustain that level but it's a damning statement.

If Riley thinks Wade was a better offensive player than Magic, then lebron most certainly is as well. Defensively, this is a joke. Magic is one of the all time garbage defenders and lebron is one of the best all time.

You can't be serious. You're digging yourself a hole.

Imagine Lebron trying to gaurd up Shaq or Hakeem

Decent college freshman

Lebron could probably be a Dwight Howard type C if that was his focus. No question on the other 4 spots

Nobody can play all 5 positions at an elite level.

Quote Originally Posted by AirBonner
    Lebron James

Lebron get bullied at the SF in todays game, imagine how 90s center would rape him.