Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Map of the most racist countries in the world (The answers may surprise you!)

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    Err... why?

And which countries do you mean when you speak of "Eastern Europe"?
    Just a guess. I was in a guild with a bunch of guys from Romania, and they would go on and on about conflict between Countries in the region like; Romania, Hungary, Czech, Slovakia, Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia, etc.

These guys had a serious hatred for Russians as well.

Default Re: Map of the most racist countries in the world (The answers may surprise you!)

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Just a guess. I was in a guild with a bunch of guys from Romania, and they would go on and on about conflict between Countries in the region like; Romania, Hungary, Czech, Slovakia, Serbia, Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia, etc.

These guys had a serious hatred for Russians as well.
    That's no surprise though: it's historical and political, not race based. Romania is one of the most backwards of these countries, and should really be differentiated from the countries that were called Central Europe (Hungary, Poland, Czech, Slovakia, Croatia, etc.) before the Soviet-led division of Europe.

These countries aren't racist, they just have a resurgent national identity because it had been suppressed by such a terrible force for half a century.

You'd have a valid point with Ukraine though.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by fiddy
    Ganghi wrote papers trying to prove that Indians are superior compared to Africans
    When a family member of Gandhi asked Mandela if the immigrants from India could join his equal rights movement, Mandela literally said: 'You can go back to your own country.'

It's in 'Long Walk to Freedom' somewhere.

Not airballing my layups anymore

I've worked in Romania for charity and have been to Eastern Europe multiple times and there is definitely some 'mainstream' racism there. And by racism I literally mean race-based discrimination, not merely discrimination towards Russians.

Italy still has a lot of problems with racism as well, especially among the 'elite'. I'm surprised that they aren't higher on that list.

That France is high on that list doesn't surprise me at all. They've had lots of internal problems and conflicts with immigrants from former colonies for decades. Especially in and around the 'banlieues' of Paris and Marseille.

NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

Slavery map

Genocide map

SJWs: Damn white people! Oh wait, forget about what's happening currently. We NEED to focus on the past people!

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    India is only #1 because of their conflict with the Pakistani. It's not racism, it's a legit conflict. Like many Americans would answer vietcong during the vietnam war or Russians during the cold war.
    Yep.. Although Indians are more open, when it comes to expressing their "racism". Pretty much the exact opposite of the liberals in the US, who pretend that they aren't "racist".

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    No, India is #1 because it literally has a caste system where people with light skin are literally a higher class than people with dark skin.
    I don't think you know how the cast system works. Besides, that's not racism though.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    SE Asia, Eastern Europe, and the Middle East would have been my predictions.

Indonesia and Malaysia are nice. There are people of South India with the darkest of skin, people from China and the local Malaysian folks living quite happily. Ask Lebowsky.

Hello Jefferson.

no surprises at all in any of these charts

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
    Indonesia and Malaysia are nice. There are people of South India with the darkest of skin, people from China and the local Malaysian folks living quite happily. Ask Lebowsky.
    Malaysia is nice but mayalsian chinese and malaysian indians are still discriminated against. They identfiy as malaysian malay, malaysian chinese and malaysian indian and get quite testy if you don't identify them as such.

Also, there's a reason why chinese tourists don't sun bath on beaches in Australia and that's because the darker they are the more looked down upon you are in China. (Not a part of SE Asia though so maybe beside the point.)
    Last edited by Hawker; 08-16-2016 at 01:18 PM.

Decent playground baller

America as a whole is pretty accepting. The problem is that this country is more mixed than others, thus those who are racist are frequently put in situations where it will come out because they can't really avoid people of other races. Other countries may be more racist, but they can still have less conflict do to more homogeneous populations.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MintBerryCrunch
    The problem is that this country is more mixed than others, thus those who are racist are frequently put in situations where it will come out because they can't really avoid people of other races. Other countries may be more racist, but they can still have less conflict do to more homogeneous populations.
    Not really.

India has just as many different ethnic groups and cultures as we do in America and they are still far more racist than we are, despite them also having a melting pot culture.

People complain about racism in America, and yet, we are the least racist country in the world. If you want to escape racism, there is nowhere better to go. There is nowhere on the planet that isn't racist. It seems to be part of human nature. Even in Uganda where everyone was the same race, they created an imaginary ethnic division and started genociding half the population.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Not really.

India has just as many different ethnic groups and cultures as we do in America and they are still far more racist than we are, despite them also having a melting pot culture.

People complain about racism in America, and yet, we are the least racist country in the world. If you want to escape racism, there is nowhere better to go. There is nowhere on the planet that isn't racist. It seems to be part of human nature. Even in Uganda where everyone was the same race, they created an imaginary ethnic division and started genociding half the population.
    I was clearly speaking in generalities. A few exceptions don't make my statement untrue.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MintBerryCrunch
    I was clearly speaking in generalities. A few exceptions don't make my statement untrue.
    I am also speaking in generalities, but pointing out specific examples to support my point and illustrate what I'm saying.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    France is way too high.

Russia and China way too low.

Other than that, pretty on point.