Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: The next Kevin Durant. 12 yrs.old Emoni Bates - 6'5" - 6th grade.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    Better range on his jumper than say, Tatum.. he has great range

But I'm not sold on his handle or that his crossover will be an effective one on the NBA level..

However, he appears incredibly quick - quicker than Tatum, so his handle could be more effective than Tatum because of that alone

Personally, I think it's all about Kuminga ay the end of the day, although Bates will be solid
    Anthony Edwards is the future.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    Better range on his jumper than say, Tatum.. he has great range

But I'm not sold on his handle or that his crossover will be an effective one on the NBA level..

However, he appears incredibly quick - quicker than Tatum, so his handle could be more effective than Tatum because of that alone

Personally, I think it's all about Kuminga ay the end of the day, although Bates will be solid
    Haven't really watched enough Kuminga, but I think I agree with this assessment. What stands out to me about Bates is just how fluid/agile and skilled he is compared to other "elite" 6'8" wings to come out recently. Maybe his handle isn't NBA level yet, but it can improve a lot, and I regularly see break down 6-foot guards off the dribble and pull out some insanely crafty maneuvers. Unlike other big wings, Bates is actually a guard and would probably still be a high-major recruit at 6'4."

As it is now, he does look like a next KD, but we have to wait and see. His frame will only fill out and he's a very good athlete now, but he can probably improve in that area still. I'm certain he'll be an all-star.

Just watched his latest highlights. Nice handles, and like his shooting form.

It won't surprise me if he average 40 ppg in the NBA in the next decade.

> The next Kevin Durant
    > I see him as a taller version of Anthony Davis

OP is confused

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei89
    > The next Kevin Durant
    > I see him as a taller version of Anthony Davis

OP is confused
    I agree bro.

He's going to win multiple scoring titles in the 2020's and 2030's

The guy was born in 2004. He would be better than those players born in the 1990's.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

I can't be the only one that finds the idea of fawning over a 12 year-old embarassing. I'd no doubt be a shit college recruiter.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    I can't be the only one that finds the idea of fawning over a 12 year-old embarassing. I'd no doubt be a shit college recruiter.
    You aren't.

Some places do rankings of the top 10 year olds in the nation, and its always hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green View Post
    He is now 16 years old. Still the no.1 prospect in his draft class. Just committed to Michigan. He dropped 63 points, 21 rebounds in high school.

Only posting to say this.

It is embarrassing, and usually pointless unless you're a high school coach. Sometimes you see a kid like this though, who seems sent from the basketball gods.

How is it embarassing? All the attention helps these kids go to the best high schools in the world

He is probably one of the reasons why Commissioner Silver is going to allow high school players to enter the nba draft once again by 2022. He's just testing the water if his high school to d league program become successful. He might lower the age limit in the nba.