Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516

Default Re: Tennis - 2016 US Open

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    thank GOD we've been blessed to have novak djokovic' personal doctor reporting to us ISHiots every step of the way.

first novak is completely fine, then he's faking something for unknown reasons, then he stopped pretending, then he's back to pretending in order to get a quick massage, and finally he's 100% healthy just in time to be beaten soundly by stan.

arbitrary, my man, whoever named you did very well.
    So now you want to say Novak was off physically for the whole match? We saw what the doc was working on

Wawrinka cramped up like Djokovic did, but he knew how to hide it... Djokovic getting two MDT's for his toe nail was disgraceful, period. The timing of it was once again ridiculous.

Why are you still so off put by the idea that Novak loves to chip in a couple of MDT's the moment he loses a few games / momentum?

   

oh god, it's especially rich hearing all that from a rafa fan.

i notice that many others here have pointed out the irony of that, and yet it always seems to slide off your attention-span like water off a duck's back.

and somehow YOU'RE our best hope of trying to equate rafa with fed...?

mate, have you ever leaned back and listened to the level of nonsense spewing out your mouth?

You're gonna accuse Rafa of acting, one of the biggest fighters this game has ever seen?

This mofo played an entire tournament with this:

and made the final (only taking one MTO for the blister), and then fought through that final with a blister and back spasms...

hes on a whole nother level of pain tolerance and sportsmanship to Novak.

But dont take it from me.. take it from Roger, we know Rafa/Roger have the upmost respect for each other.

Yet Roger has called Novak's antics out before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S93YvQiCpE

he's not the guy who's never given up in his career, so thats kind of disappointing to see, when you got two top guys playing each other, and you give up, I mean he gave up against me in Monaco last year, because of a sore throat, those are the kind of things you wonder about
    "I think Andy pushed him there, he probably would have run away anyway with the match so, Andy completely deserved the match"

In 2006 he called Djokovic a 'joke'.
    http://www.tennisplanet.me/blog/2013...surprised.html

To end this, as a long time tennis fan its sad to see Djokovic still keeping up the antics...

the timing of last night's timeouts were once again absolutely ridiculous, and completely abused the rules.

   

@arbitrary water,
    i have a simple and clear message for you if you're accusing djokes of gaming the system more than rafa or any other player:

that is, you can go f-ck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    @arbitrary water,
    i have a simple and clear message for you if you're accusing djokes of gaming the system more than rafa or any other player:

that is, you can go f-ck yourself.
    .. your bias for Djoker is clouding your judgement here.

I know youre the type that loves a good riddle...

here is one for you, why did Djoker take off both shoes at the time out?

'injuries' such as toe nails happen in every sport, they never even get reported...

Djoker took off both shoes because he didnt know which foot looked worse. Only one was eventually operated on. Once both were off and he had a look at them, he pointed towards the left one since it looked worse. Use your brain here for a second, please.

I know you like to read reddit, the complaints there or on youtube are the same... I know you dont want to face these facts though since they dont go in line with your ideal image of Djoker, understandable since you're a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    You're gonna accuse Rafa of acting, one of the biggest fighters this game has ever seen?

This mofo played an entire tournament with this:

and made the final (only taking one MTO for the blister), and then fought through that final with a blister and back spasms...

hes on a whole nother level of pain tolerance and sportsmanship to Novak.

But dont take it from me.. take it from Roger, we know Rafa/Roger have the upmost respect for each other.

Yet Roger has called Novak's antics out before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S93YvQiCpE

"I think Andy pushed him there, he probably would have run away anyway with the match so, Andy completely deserved the match"

In 2006 he called Djokovic a 'joke'.
    http://www.tennisplanet.me/blog/2013...surprised.html

To end this, as a long time tennis fan its sad to see Djokovic still keeping up the antics...

the timing of last night's timeouts were once again absolutely ridiculous, and completely abused the rules.
    Rafa is just as pathetic as Novak when it comes to MTO's and cheating. Let's not beat around the bush here. I know you're a Rafa fan but everyone else is doing nothing but laugh at a nadal fan complaining about another player faking injuries or abusing MTO's

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    .. your bias for Djoker is clouding your judgement here.

I know youre the type that loves a good riddle...

here is one for you, why did Djoker take off both shoes at the time out?

'injuries' such as toe nails happen in every sport, they never even get reported...

Djoker took off both shoes because he didnt know which foot looked worse. Only one was eventually operated on. Once both were off and he had a look at them, he pointed towards the left one since it looked worse. Use your brain here for a second, please.

I know you like to read reddit, the complaints there or on youtube are the same... I know you dont want to face these facts though since they dont go in line with your ideal image of Djoker, understandable since you're a fan.
    You haven't answered his statement. Djokovic definitely did engage in gaming last night. The whole world saw it and he got criticism all over social media for it. But he doesn't do it more than nadal. Nobody does. Which is his point.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    You haven't answered his statement. Djokovic definitely did engage in gaming last night. The whole world saw it and he got criticism all over social media for it. But he doesn't do it more than nadal. Nobody does. Which is his point.
    Gigantes actually thinks Djoker is clean...

meanwhile NYTimes comments:

A great match that brought out the best in Wawrinka. Here's hoping that he will complete the calendar grand slam.

They say adversity reveals character. Down a set and a break, the two medical timeouts smack more of gamesmanship than true grit and character that we would expect of a number one ranked player. It was bush league, not championship material. It brought back memories of a young, immature Djokovic resorting to his bag of tricks to win any way possible. He lost more than a grand slam final today. He lost the respect of many old timers.

This also highlights why we need stronger chair umpires, those who will call the players out when they consistently take too much time between points and unfairly game the timeouts to their advantage. The officiating today was inconsistent at best.
    34 Likes

Another old timer thoroughly agrees Joker's injury time outs are best understood as intended to interrupt Stanimal's momentum. A form of cheating. I vote to take a giant step into the past when the rule was "play shall be continuous". If you couldn't continue, you defaulted
    14 Likes

Anyway, it still doesnt stand true, I know you hate Rafa, but Rafa doesnt resort to these tricks. People actually suggested that Rafa tanked the '14 AO final against Wawrinka, because they didnt want to believe he was physically impeded... you remember him hitting serves at a 70-80 speed.. I know you have your mind set on this but dude needed shots and pain killers to play at 60%...

compare it to a little blood on toe nails, which literally every player has, and was not an "acute" medical condition.

edit: I just saw you said Nadal still resorts to tricks more than anyone.... lol. Youre not worth discussing this with. And even if you actually believe that, you and gigantes would rather shift the discussion from djoker, who has a history of this, and unlike Rafa, has actually been called out on it from FELLOW PLAYERS..

Roddick and Fed went in on Djoker for it, lol.