Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: Tennis - 2016 US Open

Quote Originally Posted by dankok8
    Nadal hasn't even been past the 3rd round in the last five slams so let's pump the brakes. I want to see Nadal succeed but right now he's not even a contender for the title at any slam, even French.

Djokovic looks weak, maybe injuries, lack of motivation, off court issues. I don't know but he hasn't been the same for the last few months.

Murray in my eyes is the heavy favorite to take this tournament right now.
    You dont know soccer or tennis though bro

Anyway, and Youzhny retired.. lol.

Djoker in 4R after beating a twitch streamer in 4 sets

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    You dont know soccer or tennis though bro

Anyway, and Youzhny retired.. lol.

Djoker in 4R after beating a twitch streamer in 4 sets
    I know plenty of tennis. We have had a discussion about Nadal before and you consider him GOAT while I don't even think he's close. We both use our own criteria to judge players.

Djoker is getting a bit lucky at this tournament but it's the latter rounds that matter anyways. Losing early before semis shouldn't even happen to truly great players. At least not often enough to be significant...

I know plenty of tennis. We have had a discussion about Nadal before and you consider him GOAT while I don't even think he's close. We both use our own criteria to judge players.

Djoker is getting a bit lucky at this tournament but it's the latter rounds that matter anyways. Losing early before semis shouldn't even happen to truly great players. At least not often enough to be significant...
    Its not really the threat of losing, but the time of play spent on court... Murray's biggest problem against Djoker in finals has been running out of steam.. nothing left in the tank. Djoker avoids some 4 setters right now, Rafa will play him with much less in the tank, sadly.

Its not really the threat of losing, but the time of play spent on court... Murray's biggest problem against Djoker in finals has been running out of steam.. nothing left in the tank. Djoker avoids some 4 setters right now, Rafa will play him with much less in the tank, sadly.
    Luck of the draw spins both ways. As a #1 seed, you do tend to get an easier draw but he worked for it. The top spot wasn't gifted to him. And there are examples where Novak had it pretty tough.

For example last year at the French, Djoker played Rafa in the QF, a tough 5-setter against Murray in the SF, and then was not surprisingly out of gas against an in-form Wawrinka and he lost.

Luck of the draw spins both ways. As a #1 seed, you do tend to get an easier draw but he worked for it. The top spot wasn't gifted to him. And there are examples where Novak had it pretty tough.

For example last year at the French, Djoker played Rafa in the QF, a tough 5-setter against Murray in the SF, and then was not surprisingly out of gas against an in-form Wawrinka and he lost.
    #1 seeds dont really get easier draws, thats not how it is in tennis...

anyway, we're talking about two straight walkovers here, lol. Playing Murray in the semi's is tough (Rafa was a shell at that point), but understandable since Murray was low in the ranking due to his prior year injuries.. not sure why thats even worth bringing up. He got punked in the final, didnt run out of anything. Spent less time on the court up to that point than Stan. Its okay to admit hes getting pretty lucky now.

Maybe this will come back to bite him in the ass. Lack of match practice. Who knows.

#1 seeds dont really get easier draws, thats not how it is in tennis...

anyway, we're talking about two straight walkovers here, lol. Playing Murray in the semi's is tough (Rafa was a shell at that point), but understandable since Murray was low in the ranking due to his prior year injuries.. not sure why thats even worth bringing up. He got punked in the final, didnt run out of anything. Spent less time on the court up to that point than Stan. Its okay to admit hes getting pretty lucky now.

Maybe this will come back to bite him in the ass. Lack of match practice. Who knows.
    The #1 seed on average plays against lower ranked opponents than the #2 or #3 seed in reaching the finals. For the last X tournaments Murray and Fed were in the same half and had to play each other in the semis.

I totally agree that too much rest can be a negative. It's hard to stay in rhythm and also not having a challenge early on doesn't prepare him mentally for the tougher matches coming up. It's hard to say which way the pendulum swings so to speak. Let's just wait and see.

   

Djokovic looks weak, maybe injuries, lack of motivation, off court issues. I don't know but he hasn't been the same for the last few months.
    didn't you see the news that he hurt his left wrist right before the olympics? and then he developed some kind of right shoulder issue in R1. sucks...

granted i'm biased, but no way in hades would i expect lack of motivation from him. almost the opposite really, since reporters and his team tend to say he's constantly trying to work on things to help his tennis, even when he's not actually doing 'tennis stuff.'

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    didn't you see the news that he hurt his left wrist right before the olympics? and then he developed some kind of right shoulder issue in R1. sucks...

granted i'm biased, but no way in hades would i expect lack of motivation from him. almost the opposite really, since reporters and his team tend to say he's constantly trying to work on things to help his tennis, even when he's not actually doing 'tennis stuff.'
    bruh he has nothing.. there is no mystery shoulder issue, either. medic massaged that shit n that was it

   

bruh he has nothing.. there is no mystery shoulder issue, either. medic massaged that shit n that was it
    wow, i didn't know you doubled as the physician who examined him later!

you sure do get around, bro.

Nadal on Ash right now. First point was awesome. Could be a good one.

Fck, its so good to see the GOAT back at it again

this is better than sex right here..

Rafa with his are you not entertained moment in the second to last point

Nadal laid the smack down. Good to see him back playing at a high level.

21-1 for Nadal who looks motivated/injury free and had an easy run til now?

Doesn't face stiff competition til Joker in the Semis.

On the other side of the draw, I'm taking Murray 4-1 odds. Murray is in excellent form and looks mentally tougher than ever.