Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Default Posters outside the US, is there a general dislike for American tourists?

I've heard many stories where American tourists pretend to be Canadians because they feel they don't get treated equally when on vacations so they sew Canadian flags on their backpack and luggages.

How are American tourists recieved in your country?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Posters outside the US, is there a general dislike for American tourists?

You get some dickheads (italians) but for the most part people love Americans.

I was watching USA vs. Portugal really late in a pub in Bulgaria and nobody knew I was american until we scored and got really excited. Everyone wanted to talk to me after that.

Those that sew canadians flags are bunch of ******* in my opinion.

But I tell people I'm from Texas when abroad instead of America. Foreigners love that shit.

Banned

Default Re: Posters outside the US, is there a general dislike for American tourists?

In England, all of the Euros and Africans LOVE American girls. The same way we think their girls have exotic accents, they love American accents. Back in uni, the Euros and Brits and Nigerian dudes I hanged out with would go crazy every time they met a new American girl. Even ones that weren't very hot. It was due to their accents and the way they dress and act. What I considered trashy slut behavior, the Euro and African dudes thought was awesome. Similarly, I really like Euro girls but most of the European dudes were annoyed and bored with them. Everyone likes what they aren't used to.

American girls have a massive reputation abroad as being the easiest and sluttiest. To Euro dudes who dress well and have a Euro accent, an American girl is the easiest lay in the world.
    Last edited by Nick Young; 09-08-2016 at 01:21 PM.

Filipino Love Americans.

Depends on the country you are traveling to. For the most part, people love Americans a lot more now than they did during the Bush years.

there are far worse

I'll take 5 burgers over one German or Russian

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Other than Lebron23 or Trollsmasher can anyone confirm? I appreciate the POV but obviously an American would think they are beloved all over the world.

   

i'm from south america, and i think most countries down there tend to love americans.

AFAIK americans cultivated a poor reputation in parts of europe and the world somewhere around the 60's to 90's. the usual complaints are about assuming everyone speaks english and being completely ignorant / insensitive to whatever culture they're visiting. but it helps a lot that english became the international language some time back, and everyone wants to live the "american life" so to speak.

the world's worst tourists these days are easily the chinese. that's directly because the cultural revolution trained an entire generation to be a bunch of completely insensitive obnoxious assholes.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

As an american , I don't like American tourists that visit my area...

They are loud , think they are superior and don't care about our environment other than for their entertainment.

Well...They are a bit of a novelty over here and for the most part they are well received from where I live.

I've always talked sport with Americans visiting here and given them a heads up to the places to visit.

Middle east and east African men are not welcome. we don't want the problems they bring. They come here to live, which is worse.

Very good NBA starter

in the past, american tourists had a pretty bad reputation for being loud, clueless, uncultured, and annoying travelers. this was more on the previous generation though.... way before the internet.

but today, tourists from china have pretty much taken away that title.

   

Quote Originally Posted by DCL
    in the past, american tourists had a pretty bad reputation for being loud, clueless, uncultured, and annoying travelers. this was more on the previous generation though.... way before the internet.

but today, tourists from china have pretty much taken away that title.
    hey, there's an echo in this room!

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeezy
    I've heard many stories where American tourists pretend to be Canadians because they feel they don't get treated equally when on vacations so they sew Canadian flags on their backpack and luggages.

How are American tourists recieved in your country?

Americans are actually some of the nicest people you will meet abroad.

They have worked hard to change that image.

The Chinese are the worst now, and it isn't even close, most countries in Asia are ruined for travel because of hoards of Chinese tour groups flooding every tourist hot spot.

Last year during Chinese new year for example 300,000 Chinese tourists were in Bangkok alone.

Here is their behavior at a all you can eat seafood buffet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBCLXZmMQNs

They will get better over time hopefully.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    that was hilarious and cringe-worthy at the same time.

Banned

I bashed an American tourist earlier in the year. To my knowledge American tourists are generally more well received than Asians/Latins/Africans/Mainland europoors. Equal to Canada/Great Britain