Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: Posters outside the US, is there a general dislike for American tourists?

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    They bring big business and I find most Chinese to be respectful of the culture they live in.

Middle east and eastern africans on the other hand...bring virtually nothing. except for a couple of rich oil sheiks
    Tourists, not residents or immigrants. Try and keep up young fella and save the hate for the requisite threads.

Default Re: Posters outside the US, is there a general dislike for American tourists?

You take the good with the bad. Americans are definitely seen as arrogant, naive and ignorant. At the same time probably the most personable, generous and friendly tourists out there.

On the whole American tourists are definitely seen as more favorable than most others. Money talks.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    They bring big business and I find most Chinese to be respectful of the culture they live in.

Middle east and eastern africans on the other hand...bring virtually nothing. except for a couple of rich oil sheiks
    This...

When cities hold large events, you can bet that most cities would prefer a predominantly white crowd to show up as opposed to the alternative.

That also makes them racist, per ISH.

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    You need to visit more places since you dont think British chicks are the sluttiest, cause that is traveling 101

You said my sample pool wasnt big enough because you only thought i had ever been to Ibiza. I claryfied and mentioned, in short some places i have been. There was no bragging, just trying to inform you

you where the one who started bragging about having lived in 3 countries and been in more than 20 (like that's supposed to be impressive). It's hilarious that you think bragging about places you've been is pathetic when you are the one that did it.

And I'm 25. I just assumed you were older since you seem so boring. Must be a blast at parties
    Travelling 101 is that almost all girls become sluts when they're on holiday. And no, you were the one bragging, so I had to correct your conceit. I don't hold anything against people for not having travelled, whereas you clearly do.

"parties" don't interest me, and really, you should be getting over that phase of your life too. Going out and getting drunk and acting a fool doesn't have the allure it did when I was a teen and younger student. Sounds like you've got a lot of growing up to do. How much of your life do you want to spend "partying"--you spend your first 14 years doing almost nothing of worth, the next 10 partying; at what point do you think, hmmm.., is there more to life than this repetitive banality?

Quote Originally Posted by HarryBergeron
    ****ing hate bourgeois uni kids.
    Funny thing is that the guy's been to most of the f*cked up countries on the planet, including North Korea.

"Have you ever been to any of these countries?" Asks the twenty year old girl who thinks she's special because she just had a gap year in Nepal and saw real poverty for the first time.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    You take the good with the bad. Americans are definitely seen as arrogant, naive and ignorant. At the same time probably the most personable, generous and friendly tourists out there.

On the whole American tourists are definitely seen as more favorable than most others. Money talks.
    Probably the best characterization on this thread.

It's really hard to blame Americans for being ignorant and naive though. Americans don't have the same amount of holidays as other countries neither the proximity to countries like europeans have. A lot of them just want to relax from their corporate jobs and jet off to the Caribbean which is nice but doesn't provide any cultural enrichment.

And any outdoors/geographical activities you desire you can find in America. You can find similar in Europe and you get the added bonus of cultural and historical enrichment. Hot springs in iceland, skiing in the alps/bulgaria, beach in spain or black sea, fjords in norway and cliffs in scotland etc.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

I could buy your entire village for a couple months of my rent back home
    I've probably been to more places than you bro, and you are what, 8+ years older than me?

only continent I haven't been to is Australia

I'm Norwegian, with our salaries you'd be stupid not to travel as much as possible
    At least we have the money and passport to travel anywhere we want

How long would you have to save to get enough mula to watch the Lakers play? Do Bulgarians even get travel visum in the states?

I'm sorry, in what way are you not being a douche/bragging? Dresta is also being a humble brag douche, but oh well. Kettle VS Pot arguments are boring.

I know it hurts to hear, but no one except Genghis Khan and Wilt have ****ed a large enough pool of women to be any kind of credible source to who the sluttiest nationality is. Idk if either of you have ****ed 5 or 50 women but neither of you know what you're talking about. 20 year old drunk women on holiday are sluts regardless of home country.

As for the OP, best way it was ever described to me is, locals hate people they know are American before they have to ask where they're from. Makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    Tourists, not residents or immigrants. Try and keep up young fella and save the hate for the requisite threads.

That includes chinese tourists.

should they act any different?

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    This...

When cities hold large events, you can bet that most cities would prefer a predominantly white crowd to show up as opposed to the alternative.

That also makes them racist, per ISH.

They are biting themselves in the foot.

The more they look to shut down free speech and label anyone who criticises reckless policies will only fuel the very change they despise.

Open, logical discussion is racist. we cannot believe in nationalism and criticising immigration is now racist too.