Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I usually hit open layups

Default Re: Is Eminem garbage

only ones thinking Eminem is garbage are insecure black people

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    He was good when he was trying to be funny. When he started trying to be serious, he just became an epic cringefest. Sad!
    I think that's more true now. His serious songs from his early days were actually good. But now he sounds whiny.

He is a very skilled artist, but when he misses he really misses, a lot of that pop artist dissing stuff was lame. When he hits it's incredible though, he was very good at conveying emotion, and also being funny/entertaining.

He is technically the best rapper I have ever heard, to this day. In terms of cadence, multi-syllabic rhyme schemes, wordplay and just overall lyricism, I don't see how he can be matched.

I understand people don't like the Rihanna songs, some of his emo-type shit lately and the silly songs he's done like Fack, Just Lose It, etc. And I don't really like those songs either, but the fact is, on a song where Em spits bars, I could listen to the song 10x over and find a new piece of wordplay or a reference I missed last time. And THAT is the sign of a good lyricist in my eyes.

He's the best rapper ever but the competition is a joke

NBA lottery pick

I've been starting to realize how overrated he is

He wasn't relevant for that long, his reign on top of the game was pretty short.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    Em's one of the best to ever do it. His pure rap skills are as good or better than anyone and he has the biggest vocab in pop music history according to a study. He also tries to actually rap about more than the usual gangsta shit(fwiw, I like gangsta shit a lot of the time). His first 3 albums are all top 20 all time hip hop albums. Not a big fan of his stuff now, but he still drops some good stuff in there. the 2 Rihanna songs, Not Afraid, Rap God etc. are all very strong and show his skill level and pathos.
    Agree 100%. Although i am not too crazy about his new stuff, he is one of the greatest of all time in terms of both talent and cultural significance.

I am guessing most of the people shitting on him in this thread are young-ish. Eminem blew up 17 years ago, so unless you are like 30+ years old you didnt really get to experience his peak.

I'm tired people calling him the G.O.A.T when he is not.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyGriffin
    Using that logic "Avatar" is the best movie of all time...
    Faced racism his entire career.... still went platinum on platinum on platinum...

[QUOTE] Dre recalled, "In my entire career in the music industry, I have never found anything from a demo tape or a CD. When Jimmy played this, I said, 'Find him. Now.'" Although his associates criticized him for hiring a white rapper, he was confident in his decision: "I don't give a **** if you're purple; if you can kick it, I'm working with you."Eminem released The Slim Shady LP in February 1999...The Slim Shady LP has been certified quadruple platinum by the RIAA.

The Marshall Mathers LP was released in May 2000. It sold 1,760,000 copies in its first week, breaking US records held by Snoop Dogg's Doggystyle for fastest-selling hip hop album and Britney Spears' ...Baby One More Time for fastest-selling solo album...The Marshall Mathers LP has been [B]certified 11