Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Isaiah Washington tells African Americans to boycott work Monday

"No work. No school. No shopping for 24 hours," the former Grey's Anatomy star wrote on Facebook. "Imagine if every single African American in the United States that was really fed up with being angry, sad and disgusted, would pick ONE DAY to simply 'stay at home' from every single job, work site, sports arena and government office in the United States of America. I'm very sure that within 72 hours from Wall Street to the NFL...Black Lives Would Matter. September 26, 2016 is THE DAY."

Post by isaiahwashington46.
    In his post, Washington used hashtags #RIPTerenceCrutcher #HandsUpDontShoot. Terence Crutcher, 40, was shot and killed by Tulsa police on Sept. 16. after his SUV stalled on the road. His name started trending after video footage released by police circulated showing Crutcher getting shot after being confronted by four officers.

In another post, Washington wrote he teamed up with activist Madelon Blue McCullough from #Missing24. "Every African born in America is fed up, hurt, confused, saddened and angry about the continued extrajudicial killings by public servants in our streets, so collectively we bring forth a solution," he wrote.

The date of the protest is also the day of the first presidential debate, which is expected to be the most watched in history.

Washington says the goal is to "maintain the safety of our people, while significantly impacting America's broken judicial system that is oppressing us by removing our labor, our bodies and our money from it...for 24 hours."
    Thoughts?

Banned

Default Re: Isaiah Washington tells African Americans to boycott work Monday

I thought they were already boycotting work?

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCallahan
    you just couldn't stfu could you?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    It wasn't even a good one. You really proud of that hack joke? SMH.

It wasn't even a good one. You really proud of that hack joke? SMH.
    not sure if you or insidehoops was being more pathetic quibbling over a petty argument.

Banned

Where was I quibbling? I said I accepted his decision the first time he posted it. Steve reposting it 5 times doesn't mean I was not accepting of it.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    Lighten up.

I chuckled

Banned

Anyway, back on track I hope no one actually stayed home from work or school because some dumdum actor said so.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Would have to be multiple days but I like her idea of doing this to get attention.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    Lighten up.

I chuckled
    I've never seen you laugh when they joke about Mexicans.

Local High School Star Back In Shape's Avatar

Banned

Fire every single one of them.

Nah, dont give racist cacs a reason to fire u. If you want to protest stop buying shit from them and support black businesses.

LeBron fan since 1988 AceManIII's Avatar

It sends a strong message...

Stop going to work. Stop buying white people things. You have to hit white people in their wallets, so show them how much of an impact you have on GDP....