Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: 2016 pre-season!

http://www.slcdunk.com/utah-jazz-gam...gordon-hayward

And a teacher like Snyder really changed the trajectory of this team in the positive direction. At least so far on one end of the court.
    or Rudy has made him look good

[QUOTE]And maybe the problem here is me and being practically raised on Dick Motta style FLEX offenses. (His coaching tree includes Frank Layden, Jerry Sloan, Phil Johnson

http://www.slcdunk.com/2016/10/3/131...ert-dante-exum

[QUOTE]Some of these contracts (Mack

http://hoopshabit.com/2016/09/30/uta...-expectations/

[QUOTE]Exum still managed to earn a spot in head coach Quinn Snyder

Jody Genessy: George Hill on anthem:

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/4428523...rt-doesnt-last

Exum was hesitant when he did get into the lane. He struggled with decision-making off pick-and-roll action and ended up passing when he should shoot, and vice-versa.
    They've got a lot of guys that should have the ball in their hands before him. If he can hit the 3 he could be a 3 and D while the rest of his game develops. Running the D-league team with Paige would probably be best for a while though.

The 1st 3 he hit was ugly. Shot looks flat so let's see if he can keep that up anyway.

Mack was probably their 4th best player just like the end of last year. Who would have thought?

Rudy looks like he's been working on his offensive game. I think we will see strides from him there!

Hayward looked great.

Favors hit a free throw line shot again!

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/4428527...expects-to-see

He's been playing well during training camp. He also played well during the offseason, running the show for Brazil in the Olympics.
    He played well last year and he played well after he was drafted in the summer league. The guy is a player.

"It's just about being ready," Neto said. "But this is just how the league is. You think you come back a better player, and opportunity doesn't come. Of course I know I won't have the same minutes as last year, but I'm good with that. I want to learn from the guys that are on the team playing ahead of me, and if I can do that, we're going to have a great season as well."

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/4431814...snyder-knows-a

"It's gonna take awhile," Snyder said. "It's the first week. The offense has wrinkles and complexity to it. They'll get there. As the knowledge of the system develops, so will the offense."
    So why not play Mack and the guys that do know what's going on until someone takes their spot?

Snyder said following the game that Exum looked like a guy who hadn't played in 14 months.
    Looked pretty much like the same guy. He shot better but it didn't look great. Was a bit more aggressive with the ball. Looked flabby and out of shape still. Breathing hard.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=41722100&nid...n-expectations

While Neto proved that he was capable of surviving in the NBA, averaging 5.9 points, on respectable shooting percentages, 43 percent from the floor, and nearly 40 percent from the three-point line, he looks better suited as a reserve guard with the Jazz.
    Maybe? I still think he could have done a lot more last year if given the chance.

The major determining factor for Exum will be how many minutes he has available to him in the rotation.
    As many as he earns. If he can hit the 3 there's plenty. If not he should be in the D-league.

Mack, a more experienced guard, likely gives the Jazz a better opportunity to win games now, which may gain him minutes over Exum as the season progresses.
    wow more props for Shelvin. After last night(not to mention last year) I really can't see how Mack isn't in the thick of things

If the Jazz are looking to keep Exum around the 20 minute per night average, lining up at both guard spots may very well solve that issue.
    From what I saw last night he shouldn't be playing any pg except at the defensive end.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=41724585&nid...azz-vs-blazers

Gobert finished with 10 points and 13 rebounds, which is difficult to complain about. Nevertheless, I'm going to do it anyway: he still struggled with his hands, especially early, on catching dump-off passes and lobs that could have been easy points. That's going to have to change.
    he looks improved at that end to me certainly

But I think tonight's first-half rotations are a decent indication of what Snyder's baseline thinking is, to be adjusted and experimented with as more evidence comes out.
    I wouldn't be so sure. If you remember right the Burkes' started all pre-season last year before Neto and Hood took over in the regular season. Mack certainly looked like he should be starting in this game as he did a year ago.

The good news is that he was still capable defensively, and he hit two shots from 3-point land, including a nice pick and roll three where his defender went under the screen.
    The problem is defense isn't enough for him to play on this team.

[QUOTE]Despite finding himself in this predicament, Burke remained optimistic and always kept a positive attitude. After speaking with Trey Burke

Sad news