Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default Re: 2016 pre-season!

[QUOTE] Candace Buckner: I asked Scott Brooks about Casper Ware & John Wall

David Locke: Quin Snyder says Joe Johnson was in gym at 830 with coaches this morning for 10:45 practice

The following is a medical update on Utah Jazz forward Gordon Hayward: After sustaining an apparent injury to his left hand during today

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=41768336&nid...jazz-preseason

Fav was hurt at the end of last year and we're still trying to get him completely healthy
    wtf is wrong with him now?

That confidence in his shot is also carrying over to live game action, where Gobert took a pull-up jumper in Wednesday's game. That shot went incredibly poorly ("It's not in my repertoire yet, the pull-up. That was a bad idea. I almost broke the backboard," Gobert said), but he says he will take catch-and-shoot opportunities this year if he's left open inside.

"If I get the ball, and I'm inside the 3-point line, and I don't need to dribble, I can shoot it. If I need to dribble, it's better that I do a hand off, and the guy coming off of it is going to be open."

Defensively, he's still making an impact on the game, and Snyder says that so long as he's "working his tail off" defensively, he'll get minutes to learn on the offensive end.
    so how do you get the connectivity if you play guys that don't do it at both ends?

Dante Exum was held out of the second half of Wednesday's game but fully participated in Friday's practice. It sounds like he'll be fine to play Monday barring any setbacks. Rodney Hood sat out all of Wednesday's game, but also participated in practice.

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=41768638&nid...-broken-finger

The signing of Joe Johnson means that he'll likely move into the starting lineup alongside Rodney Hood while Hayward sits.
    I'd be thinking Mack with some combo of Exum, Hill, and Ingles. Leave Johnson on the bench where he will be when Hayward gets back. Play him more

Dennis Lindsey spoke on team-owned radio station 1280 AM about the injury. "We won't associate a timeline for a while because there's a couple different potential outcomes," Lindsey said. "The last few pieces of info I've received from our training staff have been optimistic."
    sounds like it could be less. Non shooting hand. He's tough!

[QUOTE]Alex Kennedy: Trevor Booker (@35_Fitz) on joining Nets, leaving Jazz, creating a winning culture, playing with Jeremy Lin & more: Rudy Gobert: Did he talk about his hairline?

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...n-Hayward.html

The most immediate change to Quin Snyder's club brought about by Hayward's injury will be at small forward, where Hayward has started the last 233 regular season games.
    no he has not!

Combining Hayward's expected absence with the ongoing rehab of backup shooting guard Alec Burks, Utah is once again quite thin on the wing.
    No it is not! Don't forget Neto.

Derrick Favors will likely be counted on to produce even more in the post.
    Could be a good thing if they can get Favors going.

Tony Jones: Rodney hood said he knew Gordon hayward

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/4446197...y-hood-to-take

Last season, when Gordon Hayward sat out a game against the Cleveland Cavaliers due to injury, Rodney Hood gave a glimpse of what he could be as the Utah Jazz's number one option.
    Too bad like Hayward he's so streaky. Favors has to be the go to guy now assuming he's going to play again himself

But with Utah's best player on the shelf due to a broken finger, Hood is the best candidate for the Jazz to step into Hayward's shoes.
    Could be in trouble than. I see Johnson and Alec if he's back right there with him and Mack can certainly give you more.

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/4445770...arkens-outlook

[QUOTE]That provides some perspective to the Jazz's anticipated climb in 2016-17

http://purpleandblues.com/2016/10/08...016-17-season/

Nevertheless, the ability to watch him develop on the court, in actual games, while the team works to get back to the playoffs should be a joy for Jazz fans everhwhere.
    If he needs to develop still it needs to be at the D-leauge level.

Make no mistake about it, the Jazz are a playoff team.
    should be. Time to prove it

http://purpleandblues.com/2016/10/08...he-injury-bug/

But after seeing just how fatal those injuries were, Jazz brass made sure they added the right pieces to prevent another such collapse this season.
    I'd say it had more to do with Hayward opting out. If he was under contract they would have kept their lottery pick and kept doing what they were doing.

[QUOTE]A 6-foot-3, 175-pound shooting guard with average athleticism, Clark recognizes that his NBA longevity depends on his three-point accuracy. Miss beyond the arc enough times, and he could be playing overseas next season. Clark takes comfort knowing that, while a lengthy NBA career is far from secured, he is in the most stable position of his professional life. Three months after signing a guaranteed one-year deal for roughly $1 million, the former undrafted free agent is in line for a rotation spot.