Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: I can't believe people are on the I WANT TO PAY MORE TAXES bandwagon

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando Magic
    Ha. Exactly.

It isn't already?

What's the difference between a 2016 Republican and a 2016 Democrat?

Abortion. Guns. Mexicans.

Give me a ****ing break.
    yea after i wrote that that thought occurred to me but relatively speaking government efficiency and effectiveness can always be worse. The answer is probably less ideological than arguing what the size of government should look like.

Default Re: I can't believe people are on the I WANT TO PAY MORE TAXES bandwagon

Quote Originally Posted by sd3035
    Losers who pay little or no taxes want to see successful people brought down due to envy

This. Blame the rich for everything.

Very good NBA starter Orlando Magic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    That's all that I ask from the government. You can keep the tax rates the same, or raise them, or lower them....

As long as government stops pissing away our money. But it won't. It never will. It never has been fiscally sound, and it never will be.

So since that is the case, I want to keep as much money in my pocket as I can.

I think most everyone can agree with that.
    It can change if we elect the right people... that is not the government's fault. That's out fault.

We are, collectively, a bunch of wealthy(not compared to one another... compared to the world), spoiled, entitled assholes.

On average...

Our family unit has disintegrated.
    Our sense of community is completely gone.
    Everyone is completely self focused.
    We worship materialism and money.

None of this shit is going to be fixed by government. It has to be fixed by us, which will then be reflected in who we elect.

However, you are right about one thing... it's not ever going to change. The country is going to fail and fall eventually... and it'll be self inflicted. It won't be because of who we elected and it won't be because of our government. Who we elect and our government... they're symptoms... not the disease.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree

Tonight is the very first time I have EVER heard anyone say such a thing. WTF is going on.
    It's usually I want someone else to pay more taxes while I get free services paid by those taxes (healthcare, tuition, etc.)

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by falc39
    It's usually I want someone else to pay more taxes while I get free services paid by those taxes (healthcare, tuition, etc.)
    True. Why not have those that use those services pay up..nothing is free. It's incredible how people will follow Hillary. She's really an awful candidate. You have to buy her book to know what she wants to do.