Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    ~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

Default Re: Do you wanna ride with Hillary to the White House?

A lot of people are making student debt payments that look like mortgage payments...$1,000 a month

capping monthly payments at $143 per month is huge

ALSO...isn't it fantastic that all of Hill's plans are spread out for all to see in great detail?

Trump has nothing like this...what are Trumps plans of college debt? Has he given it ANY thought at all???

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by ~primetime~
    A lot of people are making student debt payments that look like mortgage payments...$1,000 a month

ALSO...isn't it fantastic that all of Hill's plans are spread out for all to see in great detail?

Trump has nothing like this...what are Trumps plans of college debt? Has he given it ANY thought at all???
    Have you ever though about why college costs so much to begin with or why it's absolutely necessary to go to university? In my opinion, what you're asking for is a simple solution to a complex societal problem.

the payment cap is entirely dependent on how many people are in your family.

for a solo borrower, the payment cap is at $299. you need a spouse and 2 children to get your cap down to $143

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    Have you ever though about why college costs so much to begin with or why it's absolutely necessary to go to university? In my opinion, what you're asking for is a simple solution to a complex societal problem.
    Hill's solution, of just making the elite rich pay the taxes they should have paid all along, is something that needs to be done regardless of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners
    the payment cap is entirely dependent on how many people are in your family.

for a solo borrower, the payment cap is at $299. you need a spouse and 2 children to get your cap down to $143
    I have a spouse, who currently makes $900 student debt payments, and 2 kids.

I've been trying to set up my own kids college funds recently, the way it is set up currently, I have to plan on spending $250k EACH when they are of age to go to college. I need to save HALF A MILLION in the next 15 years for my kids to have college paid for.

I make good money, and these college costs are fcking KILLING me...if they are killing me I know they are fcking up most everyone else, half the country living paycheck to paycheck, how the fck can they afford this shit?

And no, I don't want to put my kids in plumber school (which is probably like $50k anyway). This country should WANT for it's citizens to go to college.

National High School Star

I have a spouse, who currently makes $900 student debt payments, and 2 kids.

I've been trying to set up my own kids college funds recently, the way it is set up currently, I have to plan on spending $250k EACH when they are of age to go to college. I need to save HALF A MILLION in the next 15 years for my kids to have college paid for.

I make good money, and these college costs are fcking KILLING me...if they are killing me I know they are fcking up most everyone else, half the country living paycheck to paycheck, how the fck can they afford this shit?

And no, I don't want to put my kids in plumber school (which is probably like $50k anyway). This country should WANT for it's citizens to go to college.
    I make good money and my college costs were a small fraction of 250K. How in the world are you getting that number and what college do you plan on sending them to?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by falc39
    I make good money and my college costs were a small fraction of 250K. How in the world are you getting that number and what college do you plan on sending them to?
    my kids are 0 and 3, so this would roughly 15 years from now

Here, this calculates that the average 4 year degree will be $205,000 by the year 2030, that is 13 years for now.

maybe for my oldest it will be around $220k...my youngest probably $250k

The estate tax is basically stealing from you after you die. You work hard all your life, pay taxes on your income which the government wastes, and then you get taxed again on the assets you want to leave to your family. It's shameful.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TommyGriffin
    Trump guys just want free shit now.
    Only for multimillionaires and billionaires AKA the people who need free shit the most- 'the job creators'.

Welcome to the South, voting against our interests for the past 50 years.

Apt.... APT.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul
    The estate tax is basically stealing from you after you die. You work hard all your life, pay taxes on your income which the government wastes, and then you get taxed again on the assets you want to leave to your family. It's shameful.
    I may not disagree but the estate has to be over $5.5m and excludes businesses

if your kids inherit a $20m dental business then it will not be taxed, because they know ti could force your kids to have to sell the business.