Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Jordan Stopper

Default Outside of shooting, is there anything Kyrie is better than John Wall at?

John Wall has started to get pretty underrated on this forum.

Good college starter TommyGriffin's Avatar

Default Re: Outside of shooting, is there anything Kyrie is better than John Wall at?

Let's just put it this way. If John Wall played for Cleveland instead of Irving, we wouldn't of won the Championship.

Default Re: Outside of shooting, is there anything Kyrie is better than John Wall at?

John Wall can do lay ups

He's also a salty b!tch.

Wall shot 4-11 today so far and 1-6 FT, 0-3 from 3 wtf

Cool

Jordan Stopper

Quote Originally Posted by TommyGriffin
    Let's just put it this way. If John Wall played for Cleveland instead of Irving, we wouldn't of won the Championship.

Yes, because you're (a) Warriorfan

I don't see the point of this thread. Everybody knows a healthy John Wall is a better defender and generally a better passer than Irving. But in today's Nba it doesn't matter if you are a floor general or a scoring PG like Lillard, Irving, Curry, etc. If anything, you have to be able to shoot nowadays, especially when you play with a guy named Lebron of course.
    You can also get away with your PG being an average defender.

John Wall is awesome. Just needs to shake that injury he sustained last season. He will get back in rythm.

Ball handling.

Jordan Stopper

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    Ball handling.

They're about the same

Watch John Wall's hoopmixtape on YouTube if you want proof

I'd rather have Wall on my team. He isn't close to the iso player, or scorer that Kyrie is, but I think he is a far more influential player in a vacuum. Better on defense too, by a good margin.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    I'd rather have Wall on my team. He isn't close to the iso player, or scorer that Kyrie is, but I think he is a far more influential player in a vacuum. Better on defense too, by a good margin.
    Spot on.
    Kyrie is a beast.

But I'd rather have John Wall if I can only have one.
    (Now if we go into the question of who fits Lebron more as a 2nd question, you've got yourself a debate. Irving takes it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dray n Klay
    Outside of shooting, is there anything Kyrie is better than John Wall at?
    Well shooting is pretty important.
    But it's not just shooting, his shot creation and dribbling is also better.
    He is also a better clutch player.

I'd comfortably take Irving ahead of Wall.

Wall simply isn't capable of games like Irving in Game 6 2016 NBA Finals.
    That game for me turned Irving from star point guard to elite NBA player, regardless of defensive skill.

I don't care what you can write on paper. What's done is DONE.
    That was Michael Jordan big time balling. And he's done it enough to be above Wall who is granted a better defender and more athletic.

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

Scoring in general, which is 33% of basketball?

Local High School Star

John Wall has a higher floor, Kyrie has the highest ceiling.

When Wall is bad, he'll still do other things. Kyrie won't, but he isn't really that streaky of a player, so he's usually good. This season will decide it for me. If kyrie plays even average defense while getting 24 a game with 5 assists it's at least a tie, assuming wall remains the same. I have to see how wall can do in the playoffs when he's healthy.

Jordan Stopper

Wait, are we certain that Kyrie is a better isolation scorer than Wall??

Lets atleast debate that.

College superstar AintNoSunshine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dray n Klay
    Wait, are we certain that Kyrie is a better isolation scorer than Wall??

Lets atleast debate that.

My brother, John Wall can't shoot for sht, what else do you need to debate?

Kyrie on the other hand is a 3 pt contest champion, has the ball handling skills to dance on basically anybody. Most likely the best finisher around the rim with either hand, what that's word again? ambidextrous. Is deceptively quick and strong. He's not as explosive as Wall and not as fast in the open court but that's it.

No contest here if we are talking about iso scoring.