Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Paul Pierce: "This generation isnt as hungry or competetive as mine"

Quote Originally Posted by jrjim
    LOL. His team completely outclassed every other team talent wise in the East for 3 years until Miami happened. How's that for competitive?
    Lmao talk about revisionist history

I remember how they were considered to be fodder when the 37 win Hawks took them to 7 games, or when they were pushed to several OTs and 7 games by the inexperienced Bulls the year after, and how they were thought to be finished during the 2010 season

You clearly must had started watching basketball after the decision, Celtics were far from dominant
    Last edited by CelticBaller; 10-14-2016 at 10:01 AM.

College superstar

Default Re: Paul Pierce: "This generation isnt as hungry or competetive as mine"

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    Time to put this dude back in his wheelchair

ISH is very slow today. With the amount of trolling that takes place on this board I was certain we would have seen either the wheelchair gif or the one with him being carried off of the court by now.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

LOL. His team completely outclassed every other team talent wise in the East for 3 years until Miami happened. How's that for competitive?
    I'm sorry, was he supposed to demand a trade? You aren't making a real point here.

Very good NBA starter

It's an era's discussion.

I'm 30. So I think I naturally side with Pierce, Kobe, Tmac, and all of them because I grew up copying their basketball moves and court work.

People comment on the Celtics, but those guys didn't even want to play together initially. KG was against being traded to Boston. It took Ray Allen coming where they saw how the pieces would fit.

Players are much more buddy buddy during games and I think Kobe, Tmac, and Pierce think that's lack of competitive drive.

People talk about Lebron but as much as Lebron was friends off the court with Durant, He really stepped his game up when defending him.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller

I remember how they were considered to be fodder when the 37 win Hawks took them to 7 games, or when they were pushed to several OTs and 7 games by the inexperienced Bulls the year after, and how they were thought to be finished during the 2010 season

You clearly must had started watching basketball after the decision, Celtics were far from dominant

That Boston team was playoff built. They weren't front runners at all. they didn't have the offensive fire power to do what golden State did.

KG couldn't explode for 20 plus at this time.
    Ray giving you 17-18PPG was a great night
    Paul was the only guy who could give us a consistent 22-24 PPG and even then after 2009, it became scarce.

What they did have was a dangerous execution because they all were great mid range shooters with 2 guys that could hit contested 3's. PP could draw fouls or finish, Ray hit 3's, and KG could get in the post and get his shot off on anybody.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller

And the Heat went to 7 games twice in the Eastern Conference against markedly less talented teams. So what? Celtics still had, clearly, the largest collection of talent in the East (and league, save for the Lakers)

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    I'm sorry, was he supposed to demand a trade? You aren't making a real point here.
    Talking chit about people joining up when he/KG/Allen started the trend is hypocritical

Talking chit about people joining up when he/KG/Allen started the trend is hypocritical
    Are you capable of understanding the difference between players being traded and players using free agency to change teams?

Jordan Stopper

LOL coming from the biggest colluder of the modern era

Quote Originally Posted by Dray n Klay
    LOL coming from the biggest colluder of the modern era
    Someone apparently didn't notice that this argument has been destroyed. I thought you trolls normally would make a new thread in cases like this to spout your tired bs.

Jordan Stopper

Are you capable of understanding the difference between players being traded and players using free agency to change teams?

So you agree LeBron was traded to the Heat in 2010? And didn't join as a FA?

http://www.sbnation.com/2010/7/10/15...and-cavs-terms

So you agree LeBron was traded to the Heat in 2010? And didn't join as a FA?

http://www.sbnation.com/2010/7/10/15...and-cavs-terms
    Do you know what "sign and trade" means? Your attempt to revise history is idiotic.

Jordan Stopper

Do you know what "sign and trade" means? Your attempt to revise history is idiotic.

All I know is that the Cavs blindsided LeBron by trading him without his consent to the Heat.

So LeBron was just another player being traded against his wishes.

What does this have to do with Pierce begging KG and Ray Allen to join him??

All I know is that the Cavs blindsided LeBron by trading him without his consent to the Heat.

So LeBron was just another player being traded against his wishes.

What does this have to do with Pierce begging KG and Ray Allen to join him??
    You're a lying moron and fooling no one. This ban is overdue.

And the Heat went to 7 games twice in the Eastern Conference against markedly less talented teams. So what? Celtics still had, clearly, the largest collection of talent in the East (and league, save for the Lakers)
    against the 49 win Pacers, and the .59 win % Celtics

Talk about reach