Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Paul Pierce: "This generation isnt as hungry or competetive as mine"

Quote Originally Posted by jrjim
    LOL. His team completely outclassed every other team talent wise in the East for 3 years until Miami happened. How's that for competitive?
    That team got taken to 7 game series in 2008( Hawks first round, Cavs second round), and 2009 (Bulls first round, lost to Magic in second). That's 'outclassing'? Outclassing would be blowing through the east with only a few playoff losses. They were taken to the extreme by teams that had no business doing so on multiple occasions.

Default Re: Paul Pierce: "This generation isnt as hungry or competetive as mine"

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Pierce was the one that started the craze. Bron is far more a competitor than Pierce ever was. Pierce didn't do diddly squat before joining up with KG and Ray. Same with KD.

Pierce didn't have to betray his franchise that drafted him just to get it though. Ainge saw him struggling, so he helped him out by getting Allen and KG.

Quote Originally Posted by MiseryCityTexas
    Pierce didn't have to betray his franchise that drafted him just to get it though. Ainge saw him struggling, so he helped him out by getting Allen and KG.
    Not only that, those guys weren't 25-26, Pierce, Ray & KG were pushing 30 and on the downside of their prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Wally450
    Not only that, those guys weren't 25-26, Pierce, Ray & KG were pushing 30 and on the downside of their prime.
    KG was 32 and Ray 33 when they won the title in 2008, they were well past the '30' plateau. Pierce was the youngest in his 31st year, all three were clearly on the back nine of their careers.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Someone apparently didn't notice that this argument has been destroyed. I thought you trolls normally would make a new thread in cases like this to spout your tired bs.
    No ****ing argument has been destroyed in fact you only made it worse

You have to be a real ****ing stan to not think Pierce and em colluded bro. Take off the stan glasses. Dude ruined the league

College superstar

Damn everyone taking a sh!t on FT35 now...........

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove
    No ****ing argument has been destroyed in fact you only made it worse

You have to be a real ****ing stan to not think Pierce and em colluded bro. Take off the stan glasses. Dude ruined the league
    This is just dumb. Who makes trades, players or management? And who is the president of the Celtics, Paul Pierce or Danny Ainge? At some point facts and reality have to matter.

Rich Manning is my dad Vancouver-Grizz's Avatar

Here is the thing. They may not be on the same team but respect your peer's decisions on free agencies and contract signings.

Criticize they way they play ball but not on personal life and money matters. It is his right even though people may not agree with it but there are factors that he may not tell people.

Maybe his relationship with the team has never been on a high note, maybe he was getting tired of living in OKC, maybe his loved ones wants him to move out to the west coast, we just don't know. Paul never won anything until Garnett and Allen got traded to his team. If they never got traded and Pierce never won a championship, would his comments even matter? Lillard has the same mentality and there will be a time when he is not winning and will want out. Not a lot of of other all-stars will line up to play with Lillard knowing he is not gonna give up anything as the primary star of the Blazers.

At the end of the day, playing for GSW brings joy to Durant and players, owners, coaches, and fans should respect that. Durant owes nobody nothing.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vancouver-Grizz
    Here is the thing. They may not be on the same team but respect your peer's decisions on free agencies and contract signings.

Criticize they way they play ball but not on personal life and money matters. It is his right even though people may not agree with it but there are factors that he may not tell people.

Maybe his relationship with the team has never been on a high note, maybe he was getting tired of living in OKC, maybe his loved ones wants him to move out to the west coast, we just don't know. Paul never won anything until Garnett and Allen got traded to his team. If they never got traded and Pierce never won a championship, would his comments even matter? Lillard has the same mentality and there will be a time when he is not winning and will want out. Not a lot of of other all-stars will line up to play with Lillard knowing he is not gonna give up anything as the primary star of the Blazers.

At the end of the day, playing for GSW brings joy to Durant and players, owners, coaches, and fans should respect that. Durant owes nobody nothing.
    Durant certainly had the right to join the Warriors. And I don't think it makes him a bad person or anything extreme like that. But it is weird to see him not just leaving OKC but leaving OKC for the team that beat OKC. And it does make some of us question his desire to overcome his peers when he is joining a team that just set the record for regular season victories. If OKC had just come back with the same team as last year they would have been the favorite. And then he joins them? Eh...again, he's not a bad guy for it but as a fan of basketball I wish he had either stayed in OKC or at least joined a team that wasn't already the best in the league.

For starters, Danny Ainge MADE TRADES to get KG and Ray Allen!!! He didn't sign them through free agency! Secondly, the Celtics, Sonics, and Wolves WERE REGRESSING!! Those franchises weren't going anywhere. All three were in their 30's and wanted to win in their remaining prime years.

In the case of the Miami Big 3, the Heat, Cavs, and Toronto were REGRESSING! Those teams weren't gonna win a ring ANYTIME SOON! Bron tried to get Bosh to come to Cleveland. Bosh said NO come join us in Miami! So ONCE AGAIN three stars from REGRESSING TEAMS came together TO FORM their own Big Three.

The case of Durant is WAY DIFFERENT!! OKC had GS on the ropes 3-1. GS was the defending NBA champ and broke the regular season wins record. This was going to be THE RIVALRY for Western Conference supremacy going forward! OKC BLEW their chance and KD came up short with his performance.

If MJ was able to NO WAY would he join the Pistons. If Bird was able to join the Lakers or Sixers NO WAY would he join! If Doc or Magic could have joined the Celtics THEY WOULDN'T have done it! So I agree with Pierce. I don't have a problem with KD leaving OKC at all. But going to GS was unprecedented! What KD did has NEVER BEEN DONE by an American sports superstar!
    Last edited by bizil; 10-14-2016 at 02:54 PM.

Rich Manning is my dad Vancouver-Grizz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    For starters, Danny Ainge MADE TRADES to get KG and Ray Allen!!! He didn't sign them through free agency! Secondly, the Celtics, Sonics, and Wolves WERE REGRESSING!! Those franchises weren't going anywhere. All three were in their 30's and wanted to win in their remaining prime years.

In the case of the Miami Big 3, the Heat, Cavs, and Toronto were REGRESSING! Those teams weren't gonna win a ring ANYTIME SOON! Bron tried to get Bosh to come to Cleveland. Bosh said NO come join us in Miami! So ONCE AGAIN three stars from REGRESSING TEAMS came together TO FORM their own Big Three.
    Please...

stop using the word REGRESSING. At the end of the day Toronto, Cleveland, and OKC didn't win a championship. Cleveland made it to the NBA finals as well so don't give me that SH!T.

Toronto didn't regress, they simply never progressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vancouver-Grizz
    Please...

stop using the word REGRESSING. At the end of the day Toronto, Cleveland, and OKC didn't win a championship. Cleveland made it to the NBA finals as well so don't give me that SH!T.

Toronto didn't regress, they simply never progressed.
    But FROM THERE, Boston was KICKING BRON'S ASS in the playoffs!! And Bron getting the Cleveland team to the Finals early in his career was A MIRACLE!!! That was an outlier! So YES the Cavs were regressing BITCH!! The Heat won a ring 2006 BUT weren't close to winning again BEFORE the Big Three formed. SO THEY WERE REGRESSING too BITCH!

In the case of Toronto, Sam Mitchell was coach of the year in 2006-2007. They were a team on the rise AS THE THIRD SEED in the East! Plus they won the Atlantic Division Title that year! But over the next couple of years THEY FELL OFF and weren't even making the playoffs. SO YES BITCH Toronto was regressing too! So u got SLAYED in this debate! Don't come at me AGAIN or the same SHIT will HAPPEN! I learn a lot from students of the game on this site. BUT U aren't one of them!!!
    Last edited by bizil; 10-14-2016 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bizil

I'd say Miami had regressed if you look at where they were in 2006, champs, and in 2010 as first round fodder. That's regression. The Cavs in 2009 and 2010, despite falling short, were better than they ever were asides from the early 90's team with Price/Daugherty/Hot Rod/Ehlo/Nance etc. They were, at worst, a second round/ECF team. They've never been more than that asides from 2007 when they made the finals in an East in transition( the Heat and Pistons on their last legs as contenders). The Raptors were never anything more than a middle of the road eastern team, even in Vince Carter's glory years. They were never at a level where they could be considered to have 'regressed' by 2010 because they've never been above 'decent' at their very best, even the year they got a top seed. Bosh missed 12 games, Hedo missed 13. A few wins with them healthy and they're a 7th or 8th seed.
    Last edited by Dragonyeuw; 10-14-2016 at 03:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
    I'd say Miami had regressed if you look at where they were in 2006, champs, and in 2010 as first round fodder. That's regression. The Cavs in 2009 and 2010, despite falling short, were better than they ever were asides from the early 90's team with Price/Daugherty/Hot Rod/Ehlo/Nance etc. They were, at worst, a second round/ECF team. They've never been more than that asides from 2007 when they made the finals in an East in transition( the Heat and Pistons on their last legs as contenders). The Raptors were never anything more than a middle of the road eastern team, even in Vince Carter's glory years. They were never at a level where they could be considered to have 'regressed' by 2010 because they've never been above 'decent' at their very best, even the year they got a top seed. Bosh missed 12 games, Hedo missed 13. A few wins with them healthy and they're a 7th or 8th seed.
    In my post, I said Miami had regressed! The Cavs MADE THE FINALS in 2006! My point was THEY WEREN'T ANYWHERE CLOSE to winning a ring BY THE TIME Bron LEFT! The East had gotten TOUGHER since 2006! With the Boston Big Three forming in particular!

Toronto WON the Atlantic Division crown in 2007! Sam Mitchell was Coach of the year! They were THIRD SEED in the East! But over the next couple of seasons, THEY WEREN'T MAKING THE PLAYOFFS! That's REGRESSION! When are some of you people going to understand! There are DIFFERENT LEVELS of regression! Those teams weren't REACHING THE HEIGHTS they had previously reached! And THEY weren't going to win rings staying how they were. That's why Bron and Bosh HAD TO BOUNCE!
    Last edited by bizil; 10-14-2016 at 03:38 PM.